In Progress Soldiers sometimes retreat in wrong direction (e.g. directly toward enemy spawn)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
In most of my battles, at the very beginning, I tell a certain formation to retreat, because I don't want to risk them when I don't have to. Unfortunately, there's a bug, and sometimes they'll retreat in the wrong direction.

Most commonly, it manifests thusly: instead of going straight away from the enemy spawn point, they'll go nearly 90 degrees to the side, so that it takes any unmounted soldiers much longer to reach the edge of the map (many times longer). They're also not moving away from the enemy during this whole time, which unnecessarily allows enemy mounted troops to easily decrease distance and pick them off. This is most problematic when you tell all your unmounted soldiers to retreat at the start, and take all of your mounted soldiers away from your spawn point (e.g. to harass the enemy footmen).

Even worse, sometimes, when you tell troops (usually mounted) to retreat at the start, they'll make a beeline straight for the enemy battle line, suiciding into it. This is clearly not intended behavior.
: P

Back
Top Bottom