so there i was...

Users who are viewing this thread

With my newly formed band of 20 comrades... well I am using that term rather loosely, as I had only had them together for 2 days and 10 of them were borrowed for training from another village... but anyway... my loose band of comrades at arms. we had accepted a contract to help a village fend off a band of brigands that had been assaulting the town.

I felt rather confident with my 20 men backed up by the towns 10 or so able bodied fighters... and so upon spotting the brigands, the order was given to form up on the outskirts.

so there I was, standing behind my band's shield wall in the hot midsummer days sun, sweating like a hell hound and listening to the sound of hooves in the distance: The initial brigands charge coming at us... suddenly we saw 3 horse cavalry break the horizon. The archers and I start firing at them... crap they're fast.... maybe 1 hit or so?

anyway they plow into the line and break through to the archers... I ride out of the way and finally start plinking the riders with my bow.. one charges at me so I draw my sword. I hit him once, twice.. he blocks with his shield... OW!! sonofa... that hurt!! he breaks off as the infantry take down his mate, so I shoot at him again... damn a miss!

that's when , a bit farther up the battlefield, I see the enemy infantry engaging with my archers in melee... what the hell? they ran TOWARDS The enemy infantry after the cavalry charge!

I immediately send out the order for them to fall back and they valiantly... oh! ow, oooh no, no, no... those poor men.

we have to avenge them! CHARGE! I order the infantry forward and they respond immediately, running towards the enemy infantry. A giant CLASH rings out as the two sides meet and the enemy infantry WILTS under our charge! one , two, three enemy go down! the archers sacrifices will not be in vain! but then enemy crossbowmen start shooting into our infantry at close range , and ours are going down as well... I personally charge at those dastardly fiends!

with a single SWIPE, I ... wait, crap that was a miss...turn around... SWIPE AHHA! I kill one of them as my horse tramples the other one underfoot and..
THWACK! OW... crossbow bolt! Cursing like a sailor, I bash him over the head 3 times in fast succession and he goes down.. whew... I turn around to see 2 of my men take out the last of the enemy infantry... but also here comes the last of the cavalry charging at them. Before he knows what is going on, one is being impaled on the horeseman's lance. I try to follow with my sword,but the cavalryman makes a fast turn and hits my horse coming back, then continues to go for my other infantryman... ooo...another impale.

As he turns around to come after me, I take out my bow... 30 feet, loose... miss! 20 feet loose... miss! 10 feet...loose... I hit the horse and he crashes to the ground!
another shot , and he is down for good! The battle is won!

I turn around expecting to celebrate with the men...HURRAH.. wait... it is very silent.

I look around very cautiously... "uh, anyone... heloo anyone left? hello?". I get no answer

I turn around again, in total silence, to see the village elder who hired us standing there looking over the battlefield with his mouth agape.. yeah... agape is probably the best descriptive there....

"so.. ahhh, we were promised some money??" I ask him and he looks as if he notices me for the every first time, mouth still hanging wide open.. he really should get that looked at...

he hands me a purse of coin, which i quickly throw in my pouch... "soo you wouldn't happen to have anyone who would want to sign up for a life of adventure or... you know, yeah never mind.. maybe it's too soon. Ok , later!"

So with that I ride off into the sunset, down the dusty road towards the next village... time for a recruitment drive!

lol what a battle. I honestly thought without any horse but myself we were doomed when i saw the 3 of the enemy. so what do you think? :smile:

Back
Top Bottom