So "Realistic" difficulty isn't "Normal" difficulty. Yikes

Users who are viewing this thread

Ted Striker

Veteran
So I was thinking the difficulty settings were Very easy - Easy - Realistic - ? - ?, or in more common terms Very Easy - Easy - Normal - Hard - Very Hard. I'm suspecting I'm not the only one.

("?" because I never checked what was past Realistic. I found Normal and that's what I wanted)

Thought Realistic was equal to Normal, but omg was I wrong. I get wrecked. Looters one-shot me off my horse. Sea Raiders have consistently taken me out with a single javelin until I learned to not actually charge at them with couched lance. Forest Bandits and their hideouts? Oh forget it I won't touch one again. They have laser sights. Uncanny accuracy. That duel you can have in the tutorial? One hit and I'm dead.

I'm thinking the difficulty settings should be renamed Easy - Normal - Hard. Am I correct?

no idea how are lower settings cuz i only played no realistic and it runs like normal to me.

the only thing i can think of is that people need to be more careful on realistic and not barge in alone in groups, and always have shield with them to counter archers till you get close to beat them.

Realistic is the hardest difficulty. There is nothing beyond it :wink:

And to be honest, how many people could survive a javelin hit and keep going? I dont think many people can so its not like that part is so weird.

But yeah Realistic defenitly isent 'normal' lol. I picked the difficulty underneath that one and still get 1 shotted under the right circumstances like running into a javelin and catching it with my face :roll:

I like that it actually says what the difficulty settings do. Very easy/easy = this much bonus to the player. Realistic = no bonus, same mechanics apply for player and NPCs. I want the latter, too many games don't tell you which setting that is.

Sounds exaggerated. It’s impossible to be one shotted in the tutorial or by looters if you’re talking about their throwing rocks knocking you off your horse in one shot that’s just a lie lol.

Try realistic but change damage to player reduced to 1/2 or 1/4. Might make it more fun for you. You’ll have to manage your troops better in battle but it still gives your character a bit of leeway so you can go semi-berserk in battles.

If you can’t take the heat get out the kitchen

If you want to master that realistic difficulty, spam cavalry archers with Khuzait. Even in forests you can win battles by just by pressing F6. You only have to be careful with Rivers. But of course try to fight parties smaller than yours.

Sounds exaggerated. It’s impossible to be one shotted in the tutorial or by looters if you’re talking about their throwing rocks knocking you off your horse in one shot that’s just a lie lol.

Try realistic but change damage to player reduced to 1/2 or 1/4. Might make it more fun for you. You’ll have to manage your troops better in battle but it still gives your character a bit of leeway so you can go semi-berserk in battles.

If you can’t take the heat get out the kitchen
So that bandit guy never hit you over the head killing you in one hit? Or a looter with a spear or whatever it uses hasn't killed you as you charged at him?

Looters are much better throwers in Bannerlord than they are in Warband, but I would say in Warband they can deal more damage. If you are not careful and not wear a helmet you can get oneshoted, in Bannerlord not so much, but here they kill your horse much quicker because they actually hit now.

I feel the difficulty settings are pretty self explanatory, surely when you see realistic you think it must be the most difficult? I think I see what you mean though, you see the difficulties before that are labelled as easy and think "well I don't want it to be easy" haha. But I guess there is no inbetween and that is why it is the way it is. If you want to keep the difficulty up without it being too hard on yourself maybe just lower player damage and keep the other difficulties on realistic or higher settings.

I would probably not recommend using realistic settings if you aren't an experienced mount and blade player though.

I don't think the difficulty actually affect NPC accuracy. I set it up so that the troops are realistic and the player on very easy. This way the troop strength is equal to each other without being naturally OP. Oh and that beginning bandit guy still kicked my tail in 2 hits on very easy. Without armor no amount of scaling will save you.

I'm keeping everything on full realistic even with this terrible early access balancing (laser guided rocks effective vs armor?)

edJhD73.gif

I don't think the difficulty actually affect NPC accuracy. I set it up so that the troops are realistic and the player on very easy. This way the troop strength is equal to each other without being naturally OP. Oh and that beginning bandit guy still kicked my tail in 2 hits on very easy. Without armor no amount of scaling will save you.

Difficulty only affects the damage i guess.
But its most obvious with the auto-hit ranged NPCs, and ofc the one-hit javelins.

So I was thinking the difficulty settings were Very easy - Easy - Realistic - ? - ?, or in more common terms Very Easy - Easy - Normal - Hard - Very Hard. I'm suspecting I'm not the only one.

("?" because I never checked what was past Realistic. I found Normal and that's what I wanted)

Thought Realistic was equal to Normal, but omg was I wrong. I get wrecked. Looters one-shot me off my horse. Sea Raiders have consistently taken me out with a single javelin until I learned to not actually charge at them with couched lance. Forest Bandits and their hideouts? Oh forget it I won't touch one again. They have laser sights. Uncanny accuracy. That duel you can have in the tutorial? One hit and I'm dead.

I'm thinking the difficulty settings should be renamed Easy - Normal - Hard. Am I correct?
Realistic is the normal mode. ever since 2010 devs have been calling their normal mode "hard" aand they also call their easy mode normal.

Back
Top Bottom