Smithing 1.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
The orders are good.

Finally there is an option to filter only the known parts. However it should work inversely. The base option should be to see the unlocked parts only. Seeing the locked parts has no practical use. The present version requires clicking the filter again and again.

It's extremely annoying the set parts reseted after a successful smithing. It requires to set the same parts again and again.

Why there aren't slots to save and load recipes yet? This should have been the number 1 priority regarding to smithing. 5 slots should be enough.

It would be cool to have an option to buy wood from the smithing menu. This purchase would be from the market with the same rules (price, stock) but only for buying. Early parties can carry less load so it would lessen the number of clicks needed when I run out of wood. It might happen more times during a smithing period.

There should be a filter for true 2h versions and for 1h/2h versions only for the appropriate weapons.

Will there be balancing for parts? Many high tier components are worse than low tier parts.

The pommels work with reversed logic. Big pommels give extra cut damage but in reality the bigger counterbalance would move the balancing point closer to the hand, thus making the blade more agile. Small pommels make swords blade heavy, thus providing extra cut damage.

It's good to see which blades are for civilian use.

The randomly generated weapon option is needless.

I liked the version better when we got the most xp when we made weapons having the difficulty 50 higher than our skill. Extremely complicated tasks won't teach the most for beginners. They need to learn the basics first.

Last edited:
Sorry for pinging you guys but I suppose you are both interested in this @MRay @SadShogun

I like your UX suggestions! Anything that reduces clicks and makes life easier is good in my book

After playing yesterday and raising the skill of my hero there are a few things to tell.

My hero has skill of 230 with two helpers of 80. I unlocked very few parts. Level 230 is very high. I consider him a master of smithing. However, my hero knows only 2 heads for 2h axes and 3 shafts. 1-1 of these were given as basic. This ratio is a bit higher in other categories but not that much.
So I think the number of unlocked parts should be 50% higher or probably even more!
My former hero had skill level of 328 yet he still had a lot of locked parts. That was very confusing. A legendary smith not knowing every parts is a terrible design choice. It was in the 1.5.10 build.

The advantage of smithing should be I can make weapons I would like. When I cannot buy long axes or very quick swords in shops I could make one. They don't need to have extra bonuses but I should be able to make them on this level. I like using 2h axes but I unlocked so few parts I cannot make the types I liked in my previous campaign. Am I required to use the cheat again to give myself items I want? Yes, I am. If there are such weapons at all.

The smithing orders sometimes work. But because of the few parts, I can mostly make 1h and 2h swords. The bug doesn't help either which makes the client dissatisfied despite all requirements are met.
This option cannot be used to improve our skill because we cannot make the weapons. It's a good city where I can make one weapon for order supposing I skip requests I cannot fulfil perfectly. Two is exceptional. I think the requirements should be lowered by 1-2 ponts in all cases.
On the other hand, why would our relation improve with unsatisfied clients?

Last edited:
The unlock recipe thing is pretty ****.
In my last playthrough on 1.5.9 i smelted thousands of weapons and crafted hundreds of super high tier weapons that give a lot of exp, and i barely got any glaive heads with swing option. Like this **** is ridiculous.

Thanks for info, saves me testing it.

In my first game I got the Warrazor blade by chance at under 30 Smith skill. All his attributes and focus points had been used to make him an average guy named Thor.

The Warrazors would only sell for 13.000-15.000 though but they are very deadly in combat.

Back
Top Bottom