Resolved (Small bug) When leaving a Faction as mercenary, everyone hates you.

Users who are viewing this thread

oohrah23

Recruit
Pretty much what the title says; when you leave as a mercenary, every noble's opinion of you drops to around -20.
I think that'd be fair if you left as a vassal, like in the previous games.
But as a mercenary, it's just my job to go from contract to contract, and this feature seems more like a mistake in confusing mercenary work with leaving as a vassal.

Thank you for listening. :smile:

Okay, so can someone tell me how does the mercenary contracts work ?

When they say contract, they're referring to how it was like in the first games. Where you sign up with a lord for 30 days then choose to extend that contract or end it.

In this game, you ask to sell your sword to that lord and you get paid a paltry sum for every army you beat that are enemies of the faction you signed up with. You also gain influence when you kill enemies and/or tag along with the main army. As a merc, that influence auto converts into money.

HOWEVER, There's no limit on this. So you're stuck as a merc for that faction forever and if you try to break it, it's treated like a vassal leaving the kingdom so you take huge relationship hits.

Also, I dispute that this is a small bug. It's HUGE because you often need merc work to progress in the game.

Yeah but once you leave the kingdom you lost all the influence gained.
I, honestly, Wouldn't mind that as a cost of leaving. You could sit around it let it tick away, but I'll likely be heading out to help a faction losing to keep things interesting.

Hello, thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we weren't able to respond to this topic when it was first created.
Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game? Please leave a reply below.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom