Skills and Perks confusion

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I'm currently experimenting with different skills and perks and notice that in some of their descriptions, if you do the activity, it still doesn't level the skill up.

For example, Trade says that operating caravans will skill up your trade skill. I have 4 caravans and haven't received a trade point in a long time. Am I misinterpreting this or is this simply not working?

Engineering: why does this not skill up while developing projects in your fiefs where all of the building is taking place? Seems liked a missed opportunity.

Tactics: this one seems weird too, sometimes I get skill from auto-resolve, a lot of times I don't. Sometimes I get tactics experience actually fighting out the battle in the battle map, maybe when I hit f6?

In the Steward tree, the perks for +1 influence for vassal do not register under the influence tally when you mouse over it.
The perk for +1 influence for a clan leader are also not showing up. Or does this only show up if you have your own kingdom?

Medicine is also weird, sometimes I get skill for it right after a battle is won when I have wounded, there is no resting in settlements required to get it, but sometimes when I am resting in a settlement with a wounded army, I don't get any skill gain?

Charm: how do you get higher relationship with companions? Do you just give them free stuff? Is this the only way? Sometimes, very rarely, they will comment on your actions, i.e. raiding a village when you have someone with merciful will get salty about it, but other than that, randomly speaking with them does not yield any new conversation options, also sometimes I get charm when I vote for a vassal in the spoils menu after a battle is over, but other times just 'socializing with nobles' does not yield any Charm xp.

Leadership: What constitutes a high morale score in order for it to count towards Leadership experience?

Riding: This one is weird, because I run around on my horse a lot and sometimes don't get it at all, but sometimes when I shoot people with a bow on horseback, this begins to fly up a bit, is this tied to combat on the transportation medium, e.g. horse vs. running? Or is it supposed to be just running around on a horse or on foot?

Scouting: I've moved around a lot on 'difficult terrain' and never got a point in this, I do get it for spotting hideouts and following tracks of large armies though.

Trade: I believe that refers to actually being the one leading the caravan; aka the companion you set to do it
Engineering: Agreed
Tactics: You do defo get xp from auto-resolves its just extremely slow, Ive found atleast 5 or so autoresolves or more are needed per level - as for in fights Ive noticed the same, not too sure exactly what gives the xp there
Steward - I think a majoirty of perks are either not working as intended or simply not implemented yet - I think the perks either require you to be a vassal or a ruler to get that influence which may be the issue for that particular problem
Medicine: I think its the same issue as the tactics, you probably are getting xp but not full skill levels, check the xp bar and see if it changes next time
Charm: Not too sure to be honest
Leadership: I think anything above average, which I assume to be between 50-60, grants additional xp albeit I imagine this is also very slow
Riding: I havent noticed getting any xp from simply riding on a horse, I've only noticed getting levels when performing actions, such as shooting someone with a bow or hitting someone with a sword, lance etc; I think it ties into successful combat encounters

Not sure if any of this clears anything up but its what Ive found anyway

On the upside, today’s patch has fixed some of them. Check out the mods on nexus that are temporarily fixing the rest. I like the suggestion for engineering though. I hope that gets integrated.

Back
Top Bottom