SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Simplified crafting

Users who are viewing this thread

Leaving aside the economic inconsistencies of crafting, I'd say the time it is/should be really useful/fun is the early game, when you cannot afford to buy the best gear.

To make crafting more useful more quickly, I propose to drop the current unlocking mechanic alltogether and that the crafting components should instead be made available en masse based on crafting skill - say, if your skill is under 20, you get all access to all tier I components, at 40 you get all tier 2 and so on. This would allow you actually experiment and have fun with the crafting system early on.

Second, I would simplify the categories, and abolish separate crafting categories for one-handed and two-handed swords and axes, where the choice of handle would determine one- or two-handed use. Maybe also for pole arms, might be less clear cut though.

Technically, it can be done as a mod.

" economic inconsistencies of crafting "
This have work solution, example - my mod, nerf value of (power) 2.75 -> 2 (=unit cost x2 / tier, not x2.75).

If blacksmithing of the protagonist is >= 25 (or there is an effective coal burner / metallurgist perk), then... script, unlock all parts, with the condition: "tier =< 1", etc.

If the weight of the weapon exceeds (Hero Strength) by 1.5, it is a one-and-a-half, at 2 or more - only two-handed.
Small child used simple wood sword as 2h, adult 1/2h, strong man as 1h. And a two-meter nord / sturge can use this sword as a throwing weapon, or even a toothpick :smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom