Sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes it is possible, one player on the Native Expansion scripted every single castle to have an extra ladder.
Don't ask me how he did it.  :???:

Sieges are impossible without archers, and even then, they run out of arrows. The defenders clump up in front of the ladder, and attacking AI is dumb and does sideswings, which hit the wall. They end up being funneled between those notches in the walls and cut down/pelted with arrows.

Yeah the AI in sieges really takes you out of the immersion, they just spam and glitch at the bottom of the ladder and when they finally get to the top they die! What the heck TaleWorlds?  :neutral:

There's nothing like so for p.o.p. You'll just have to suck it up and deal the cards your dealt with. Or be wise on how you lay sieges to castles or towns.

MitchyMatt said:
There's nothing like so for p.o.p. You'll just have to suck it up and deal the cards your dealt with. Or be wise on how you lay sieges to castles or towns.

The best way I find to take towns or castles is to form an infantry line at the bottom of the walls to attract enemy fire while placing your own marksmen in a good view of the wall, tell them to keep firing until their quivers are empty to soften up the defenders then charge for a lot more damage and a better chance of taking the wall.

Take care while adding another ladders, though. That will also make a lot tougher defense! When your castle gets surrounded by 10 Fierdsvein lords, each with 200+ units, that single ladders are gonna get you victory if you play wise. :cool:

Lord Silvabane said:
MitchyMatt said:

The best way I find to take towns or castles is to form an infantry line at the bottom of the walls to attract enemy fire while placing your own marksmen in a good view of the wall, tell them to keep firing until their quivers are empty to soften up the defenders then charge for a lot more damage and a better chance of taking the wall.
That's exactly what I do. With my archer char I can get about 100 kills in a siege, 60-72 with my arrows and more from picking up arrows. I also like to soften up the enemies at the top of the ladder, climb up there by myself, go off to the side, and pick up arrows from archers I've killed and shoot the enemy while they've got their backs turned to me focused on my infantry coming up the ladder. Easy 100+ kills, plus whatever my archers get before my infantry cleans up the rest.

Also I think I read (don't quote me on this) that PoP4 will use that one castles mod (can't remember the name of it :mad:) that changes a bunch of them to real life castles and a lot of them have multiple ladders and a couple don't use any. What I've noticed though is that the AI still favors one ladder over the rest so you only have a small amount using the second or third ladder while the rest cluster on another.

I can never even get up the ladder, the enemy archers just pelt me and even if I do get to the top I get cut down pretty fast.

Is PoP4 expected this year?

No. Quoted from a developer, expect to play skyrim before getting pop4

Lord Silvabane said:
Yes it is possible, one player on the Native Expansion scripted every single castle to have an extra ladder.
Don't ask me how he did it.  :???:

Keep in mind ladders and stuff was not even touched by us at all, so that means it's basically "vanilla" like sieges you're experiencing.. Sometimes people have to realize what's Vanilla and what was put in with PoP, we naturally don't mind the criticism, but remember we didn't make the Warband Engine, so just remember where to point to the blame to on certain features :wink:..

Hopefully we can change things up for POP 4, but it's very low on the priority list, in the mean-time, if you can point me to the link to the user who was able to script all that in, I would be very curious to look into who did that and see if it's perhaps it's open source that in the end could be something we could consider.

Ohh as for the PoP release date, aye.. Not anytime soon, and as the old Blizzard saying goes "when it's done", as you have to remember that's simply the nature of modding, though sometimes we may seem like a professional development team, in reality, we are not, heh. We all have our own lives to attend too, and sometimes things slow down with the mod due to RL reasons, and sometimes things really speed up with the mod. I can say, at the moment things have been really speeding up with our new internal alpha being released, so we're working on it, that's for sure :smile:.

MP

Sirkad said:
spartan012 said:
No. Quoted from a developer, expect to play skyrim before getting pop4

Yeah but skyrim is coming out in less than 30 days :wink:

I'll stop the speculation stuff now cause quite frankly I hate it when people start up rumors that it could be ready before it's ready, lol :wink:

To put it simply everyone, it won't be out anytime soon, we can't give a release date cause naturally we don't have one, so it will be done when Mordred feels it's ready to be considered our POP 4.0 release version. Of course, we'll try to keep you guys entertained as much possible with future previews, etc... So just bear with us on that, and for now enjoy PoP 3.42 :smile:

thanks,

MP

I think the Brytenwalda mod has multiple ladders dont hold me to it tho. holes in the wall instead of climbing ladder/siege tower would be a very cool option to do instead of actualy sieging wait an extra couple of hours and make a cat instead of ladders

Yes. Castles in Brytenwalda usually have more than one ladder. Sometimes it's three ladders. Sometimes it's two ladders and a hole in the wall or a broken gate.
Most of the times the AI will use all ladders so I think it's possible to script it. On rare occasions AI may stuck to only use one ladder though. But again, it's rare.

I think Native Expansion had upgraded siege scenes as well. I think.

Please do not change the number of ladders!  The sieges are supposed to be hard, but they work both ways as it's easy to hold a town/castle with 1/4th of the troops of the attackers.  Making two ladders would make it nearly impossible to hold towns/castles as the AI always attacks with huge numbers and they always have great quality troops like Immortals/Huscarls and knights attacking.  The choke point of one ladder is really the only chance you have, once the AI is able to get past that, the fight is over.

Sieges have to have a cost for the attacker or at least be very difficult.The enemy marshalled armies are always 2000+ strong and need some sort of disadvantage or every castle attacked would be taken.
If there is to be any change to sieges it should be that auto-calculation should give a massive advantage to the defender.

Back
Top Bottom