Sieges---wtf!?

Users who are viewing this thread

armyman_83

Recruit
So I am laying siege to a city and I love the random events...but wow the odds are insane. They enemy sallies out and kills 75 of my men....they lose no one. That is just way too OP'd.

If I was in command of the defenders, I'd have my most observant and sharp eyed soldiers observe the besiegers, watching for any attention lulls, patrols, lightly/weakly/un-defended areas of the surrounding area.  When the opportunity was right, I'd send 20 of my best men out to sneak past the lines, taking our squads of soldiers through ambush, and picking off patrols before they realize what happens.  There are normally sally ports that are a bit hidden from view and hard to find used for sneaking men/supplies in and out.

I am not contesting the fact that those outside the walls will suffer losses. I just think that the numbers are way too high considering the enemy looses no one.

I'm pretty sure the losses you take will go WAAAAY down if you put that... circumwhatsitcalled in place around the city. Fence it in.

Takes some time, and a lot of men to begin with, but you should suffer way fewer losses during sieges.

does the garrison outnumber you? cause if they do, then , at least in my experience they will always massacre my guys in stupid-silly ways

Yeah this is actually the dumbest thing though. There is no reason to lose 91 men and kill only two of their guys. Losing a couple of patrols makes sense. Having a third of my army destroyed in the first day is ridiculous.

Yeah I turned this off like immediately. There was no feasible way for me to have lost all those troops in one shot.

You know, I had over 200 men killed one time. I killed like 30 of the other guys, but still, 200? Nope. Nuh-uh, not with them shoes on.

Yeah, you can turn most stuff off to make it pretty close to native, or turn them all on and make it ridiculously hard to play.

That 2x experience realism thing? Yeah, WAY too difficult.

Back
Top Bottom