Siege towers destroyed before reaching walls

Users who are viewing this thread

How do i deal with this as it seems its just better to not bring any siege towers along as they just get destroyed before they reach the walls?

I have resorted to just having a ram and the two ladder points as it seems to work better

IME It's always easier to just blast everything off the walls with ranged and have 12 guys or so attack the gate manually, or just go up ladders when enemies are thinned out. You can build trebs on the map to blow up the enemy siege gear before you attack to make it safer to stand around shooting everyone. If it's a really huge fief you can even retreat after a few hundred enemies are killed and attack again, getting rid of any partial damage troops took.

How do i deal with this as it seems its just better to not bring any siege towers along as they just get destroyed before they reach the walls?

I have resorted to just having a ram and the two ladder points as it seems to work better
If you have the luxury of time (no incoming armies trying to smash you) build trebuchets like Ananda_The_Destroyer suggests. You can store them as you build them (protect them from return fire) and then bring them back out all at once. I think the latest patch changed that... but I have not tried it since the update.

It was a ton of fun before... I would always launch attacks once the defenders had 0 siege weapons currently built :mrgreen:

yeah taking out the enemy catapults with your trebuchets is the play. i don't worry about ballistas that much because it seems like they tend to focus on infantry, catapults seem to be the ones taking out my siege equipment the most. if youre short on time you could even leave 1 enemy catapult up and it might be fine, it's just when you attack with 3-4 enemy catas up that your ram/towers get owned

Back
Top Bottom