Resolved Siege starvation doesn't work

Users who are viewing this thread

manuelcipo

Recruit
I don't know if it's my problem only, but after a month without food the enemy castle seems to take almost no attrition, the garrison seems to lose 1 man a day, but the milita soldier keep getting up at the same pace, at the beginning it was 130 milita and 40 garrison, now 150 milita and 20 garrison but the total keep on 170 soldier so they are probably getting upgraded, the morale drop at a ridicolous rate like 0.1 day, like this a siege would take hundreds of days to starve a castle after they lose all food, if i have no food my soldier start deserting the day after, but siege defender seems to not need food at all.

Same here, I besieged a city on my own for 2 weeks because the garrison was only about 100 men, they just got besieged by the Empire and had no food supply according to the HUD. But for the 2 weeks i spend staving them, the garrison rise from 100 to 240 and I finally got crushed by an other ally army...

Same, already reported.
Btw, cities and castle I've besieged until now seem to start siege with 0 food.
I searched but couldn't find any thread maybe i tried with wrong keyword.
Beside, i've done a lot of other try until now, i've come to some conclusion, up on the hud it's always 0 food bugged probably, if you go with the mouse on the city and press alt(not sure of the key, it's the show detail key), you can see how much food they have, still they have always 0 or almost zero food, max i've seen is 100 but even that can run out in 4 day or even less depending on how much they lose everyday.
Same here, I besieged a city on my own for 2 weeks because the garrison was only about 100 men, they just got besieged by the Empire and had no food supply according to the HUD. But for the 2 weeks i spend staving them, the garrison rise from 100 to 240 and I finally got crushed by an other ally army...
if you go with the mouse on the city you will see 0 food and in parenthesys how much food they should be losing this turn, they lose unit based on how much food they should lose that day and don't have any food to lose, if they lose over 10 food 1 unit per day, over 20, 2 unit per day, and so on, i think if the loss is less than 10 per turn, no attrition so they even get more soldier, we can even go with this system (beside the no attrition thing), but i have broken a siege multiple time to fight close enemy and when i siege again the negative food per turn change and i don't get what affect the value, it is not the obvious thing, the amount of soldier, cause if you don't break the siege even if they lose soldier due to attrition this value doesn't change, maybe if you raid the linked village the negative food gets up,i have to try this out.

Edit, now that i think about it, even with a value lower than 20 of less food per day it's undoable, if they have 100 food and they lose 15 per day you need seven day to start starving them and it's okay if then they would start losing a reasonable amount of soldier but after 7 days they'll start to lose 1 soldier per day, 15 days of siege 7 dead, 30 days of siege 22, 30 days is a season in the game to win a city by starvation with 400 soldier it's impossible, i think they should make it degenerative, i get why they make it this way but at the same time if they make the unit loss progressively higher day after day would be better, you can use siege weapon to kill, still not nearly enough to make any use of starvation in a big siege and need a lot of time to make siege weapon work, you have to wait you have 4 trebuchet, you need week, more than a week to use them with any gain and then you'll start kill 3 enemy per day or so,( the faster they make ballista and catapult the faster they will die)

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom