Should kick stun be removed in favor of viable formations in multiplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Im not sure if the people here who think kicking is useless understand how vital kicking is to making the game playable.

If you remove kicking from the game then there is nothing besides admins from stopping trolls from joining servers and ruining games by blocking forever and camping in corners with a shield until the timer runs out. Kicking is designed as a counter to blocking and to force players who are on the defeinsive to actually play.

Look at my edited in solutions for kicks, I think solution number 2 would be best. Kicks would still be there and we would be able to have line formation clashes.

That solution is crap. Kicking needs to stop blocking and give guaranteed hits as the risk of throwing away your defense beause of kicking is too high.

To add on to what Brandis56 has said, the very nature of the combat system will make line formations ineffective.

If you try to land an attack with a sword you cannot hit either left pr right, as the animation forces you to hit a teammate. You cannot stab, as when the enemy closes in stabbing is ineffective, and so you are reduced to only using up attack. This severely limits your fighting ability.

Rainbow Dash said:
Im not sure if the people here who think kicking is useless understand how vital kicking is to making the game playable.

If you remove kicking from the game then there is nothing besides admins from stopping trolls from joining servers and ruining games by blocking forever and camping in corners with a shield until the timer runs out. Kicking is designed as a counter to blocking and to force players who are on the defeinsive to actually play.

Look at my edited in solutions for kicks, I think solution number 2 would be best. Kicks would still be there and we would be able to have line formation clashes.

That solution is crap. Kicking needs to stop blocking and give guaranteed hits as the risk of throwing away your defense beause of kicking is too high.

To add on to what Brandis56 has said, the very nature of the combat system will make line formations ineffective.

If you try to land an attack with a sword you cannot hit either left pr right, as the animation forces you to hit a teammate. You cannot stab, as when the enemy closes in stabbing is ineffective, and so you are reduced to only using up attack. This severely limits your fighting ability.

Bannerlord shield blocking will be directional, if you cannot break through their defense, you need to develop better offense and not depend on a one press win button. As for formations being useful or not in the game, I already explained above the uses of formations.

Bannerlord shield blocking will be directional,

It will still block in all directions. Not sure what the relevence of this belongs in.

if you cannot break through their defense, you need to develop better offense and not depend on a one press win button

Because pressing the kick button instantly wins you games

:facepalm:

As for formations being useful or not in the game, I already explained above the uses of formations.

So use them where they are effective and don't use them when it is not? I don't see the problem here, oter than you thinking that kickin is overpowered, which is stupid to anyone who has actually played the game.

Footbeard said:
Sigur1 said:
aekilju said:
Kick is great. It's only "useless" if you can't use it properly.

Exactly

This. It's a risky gameplay mechanic that relies more on a hard read of the opponent because of its lack of range and windup. A valuable tool that ought not be lost

I think kick mechanics should be changed in a way that the kick has more reach (make it easier to hit something), but it should be also slower to allow opponent have time to avoid it. It's not that hard to hit someone in real life by kicking as it seems to be in warband.

Cpt. Nemo said:
I don't think it'll be any easier to hit something it's slow enough for your target to see it coming.

I can hit people with up to down swings with a sword even when they see it's coming.  I can even hit them with bare hands. So what's so special with legs that we cannot hit them with those if the mechanic would be changed little?

Now it's very hard to avoid and impossible to block if you're in a correct location according to the person who is kicking. So the idea is to make it little easier to avoid, but also easier to hit.

Back
Top Bottom