Should I really pay money when offering peace when I am winning?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Does this makes sense to anyone, or is it a bug?

aOZTVhY.jpg

Xk5OzbM.jpg

btD4wZ0.jpg

It makes sense in some conditions. For example, your kingdom has 500 strength and you go to war against a 4000 strength kingdom. You declare war so you can ambush a weak party. You destroy an army of 300 while losing 50 troops yourself. Technically you're winning, right? Yet your chance of winning a prolonging war is still very low. They have a massive numbers advantage. You'll be the one looking for a peace.

There might be fine tuning needed in that formula. IMO TaleWorlds should just go ahead and publish formulas along with the implemented features since we're the playtesters anyway. That would make our job easier. There would be more reports and less false reports.

Yeah the make peace conditions don't make sense. Right before a siege I looked at the peace conditions and my kingdom was at 100% support requiring the enemy faction to pay us like 3000. I took the city and decided it was time for us to take what we had and run so I went to propose peace except now all of a sudden my kingdom was at zero support for peace and had us paying them? Not sure how us taking one of their major cities made the enemy think they could extort us for tribute or why my own faction decided they didn't want peace after such a huge gain.

Yeah the make peace conditions don't make sense. Right before a siege I looked at the peace conditions and my kingdom was at 100% support requiring the enemy faction to pay us like 3000. I took the city and decided it was time for us to take what we had and run so I went to propose peace except now all of a sudden my kingdom was at zero support for peace and had us paying them? Not sure how us taking one of their major cities made the enemy think they could extort us for tribute or why my own faction decided they didn't want peace after such a huge gain.
I do not know exact situation but this can be scenario :

Most important factor while determining desire of war score is (total clan war party count * X (X slowly changes according to fiefs kingdom has) + strength) / (total value of your fiefs) ratio. So when you take one of enemy towns its normal enemy's tribute offer reduces. Because now their ratio is increased and your ratio is decreased so they now do not want to finish war. Think something like this X and Y kingdoms have same potential strength but X has 14 fiefs and Y has 10 fiefs in this scenario Y wants war because they think at the end of war they can make 12-12. About why your clans now reject peace is because tribute offer of enemy is reduced so much and your kingdom clans now do not want to make peace with getting nothing maybe. On the contrary because same reason your enemy's desire of war is increased your kingdom clans desire of war is reduced. But it seems even this high tribute reduce made your clans support peace 0%. However I do not know exact situation just making guess.

We should show how many towns and castles both kingdoms has in these war / peace UIs. Currently we are not showing one of most important factors here.

Last edited:
Agree with mexxico that's reasonable but not realistic. It's the same with me(khuzaits) and the sturgians when I leave them with 3 or 4 cities. But lets look closely in history when Attila snowballed and he went at the gates of Rome, who payed the tribute, Attila or gold/silver from romans for Attila to stop this humiliation? The same goes for Genghis khan's snowball. But this is only a game and no need for too much realism of course. So I understand, that this is a part from economical balancing system for the game to prevent further snowball or something like that. So I agree, it's reasonable for the game. Of the topic, for those who are interested in history, do you know of the so called "sheep battle" on Volga river in 1223? This year Genghis khan's troops completely destroyed the united troops of the Moscow principalities, but met an insurmountable enemy - the Bulgarians from Volga river. The battle is in unequal forces, with only 30,000 Bulgarians facing 150,000 Mongols. However, the high fighting qualities and the strong devotion of the Bulgarian fighters screaming "FREEDOM OR DEATH" who started to retreat in the beginning of the battle chased by the Mongol army, a retreat lie leading into a big trap tilts the scales of victory in their favor. Only 4,000 soldiers of the Mongol army survive, whom the Volga Bulgarian ruler Gabdula Chelbir exchanges for 4,000 rams and the famous Mongol general Subutai for 10 rams, because only sheep can be defeated with such a numerical advantage - humiliation. This is the only defeat of Genghis Khan in his entire life and no you will not find this in history books.

Agree with mexxico that's reasonable but not realistic. It's the same with me(khuzaits) and the sturgians when I leave them with 3 or 4 cities. But lets look closely in history when Attila snowballed and he went at the gates of Rome, who payed the tribute, Attila or gold/silver from romans for Attila to stop this humiliation? The same goes for Genghis khan's snowball. But this is only a game and no need for too much realism of course. So I understand, that this is a part from economical balancing system for the game to prevent further snowball or something like that. So I agree, it's reasonable for the game. Of the topic, for those who are interested in history, do you know of the so called "sheep battle" on Volga river in 1223? This year Genghis khan's troops completely destroyed the united troops of the Moscow principalities, but met an insurmountable enemy - the Bulgarians from Volga river. The battle is in unequal forces, with only 30,000 Bulgarians facing 150,000 Mongols. However, the high fighting qualities and the strong devotion of the Bulgarian fighters screaming "FREEDOM OR DEATH" who started to retreat in the beginning of the battle chased by the Mongol army, a retreat lie leading into a big trap tilts the scales of victory in their favor. Only 4,000 soldiers of the Mongol army survive, whom the Volga Bulgarian ruler Gabdula Chelbir exchanges for 4,000 rams and the famous Mongol general Subutai for 10 rams, because only sheep can be defeated with such a numerical advantage - humiliation. This is the only defeat of Genghis Khan in his entire life and no you will not find this in history books.

Pretty obviously to be found in the history books, since the account of this battle is from a history written by one Ibn al-Athir.

Unfortunately, in the history books, it is made very clear that we don't really know who won the battle or the numbers involved- and there's even uncertainty as to if the battle happened at all. A nice story at least.

Pretty obviously to be found in the history books, since the account of this battle is from a history written by one Ibn al-Athir.

Unfortunately, in the history books, it is made very clear that we don't really know who won the battle or the numbers involved- and there's even uncertainty as to if the battle happened at all. A nice story at least.
I don't think so. There is only 3 types of truth, my truth, his truth and the truth for example. You'll probably say that the book of Jagfar tarihi is also 100% true? :wink:

Last edited:
This is probably due to
Does this makes sense to anyone, or is it a bug?

aOZTVhY.jpg

Xk5OzbM.jpg

btD4wZ0.jpg
This is probably due to the amount of fiefs. Honestly, I don't think the amount of fiefs should be put into formula at all. It should really just base on the relative strength (as prisoners and sieges all contributes to it) between your empire and enemy empire plus the strength of other empires that are currently fighting them and that are currently fight you.

The size of a country really doesn't mean anything when it comes to peace deal. It has always been the your military strength vs. other potential military threats (+ war exhaustion comes from casualties) that make countries participated in a war considered signing peace treaty and paying tributes.

What humans who fear death think: Enemy just took our town, fighting already done for this "phase", this is a good time to ask peace since they just won something.
What game players think (AI in this case): Enemy just exhausted themselves taking a point, counterattack asap while they tired. Any peace request is they acknowledging their fatigue.

If there were UI elements to be added other then fiefs and city counts, it would be things like timers (AI doesn't want to stop wars too early but eventually seems to want to) so we can see what is causing the roadblock

What humans who fear death think: Enemy just took our town, fighting already done for this "phase", this is a good time to ask peace since they just won something.
What game players think (AI in this case): Enemy just exhausted themselves taking a point, counterattack asap while they tired. Any peace request is they acknowledging their fatigue.

If there were UI elements to be added other then fiefs and city counts, it would be things like timers (AI doesn't want to stop wars too early but eventually seems to want to) so we can see what is causing the roadblock
Exactly and agree

Back
Top Bottom