Should i play V4.5 Gold Beta i have or should i wait ?

Users who are viewing this thread

unity100

Veteran
im about to start a new game. but, if the mod is released soon, all the effort may go to waste. (savegame compatbility ?)

so, i want to ask, should i start playing, or should i wait until 4.5 gold is released ?

unity100 said:
im about to start a new game. but, if the mod is released soon, all the effort may go to waste. (savegame compatbility ?)

so, i want to ask, should i start playing, or should i wait until 4.5 gold is released ?
Hymmm, though call. You have about a week I suppose. You can play a nice capmaign with V4.1 or V4.5 alpha during this time I while sharpening tastes for V4 Gold :smile:

tho i very much suspect laws and whatnot will be working in the latest beta i had. so far the only issues i chanced up with are naked mercenaries etc.

I'd wait. There is a bug bug that comes out of nowhere and spams your screen constantly about some error. Makes the game virtualy unplayable.

What bug is that? I havn't seen a bug in my game that makes it unplayable... But anyways, I'd wait too because like vonMistont said, it will be released probably next week. Like for me, I make my game last awhile, so it wouldn't really be worth it to start a game and then a week later have to stop and start a new one.

I got this cause I wanted to get used to playing it before i started my main game... I spend a lot of time figuring out strategies so I don't need to go for a long time... 

Unity100 is having a really great point. I am quite in a similiar situation. I have started with SoD v4.1 a month ago, and my character is really experienced, having own kingdom, 28 vassals, and quite an empire. This is very though decision for me too, which is better, going on with my old savegame with a bit lesser number of features or should I change to playing V4 gold and start it all over from the beginning...

Well, let's check it out when it's relased and then it's time for decision. And anyway there's the SoD 5 coming someday also, isn't it? At least there's some ideas already thought, and they seem really great indeed. This is the only bad feature in mods. Otherwise mods are often a lot greater than the native game...

Does anyone know if War Band will have the same modding system (If it has one) as Mount and Blade? I'm trying to learn how to mod.  :shock:

No, it will be different. I think some modders already have it (vonMistont?) but I have heard it is very unstable right now.
Well, it will still use python and stuff. I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Yea OK. I think I'll just wait till it comes out then try to figure it out when I get it. Thanks for quick reply :smile:

TIDM2 said:
No, it will be different. I think some modders already have it (vonMistont?) but I have heard it is very unstable right now.
Well, it will still use python and stuff. I'm not sure exactly what you mean.
Yes I have it but with incoming gold release I didn't even have a time to install it. I don't have that much time :sad:

Lot of work with SoD?  :smile: Yea, I just wanted to know, since I think a lot of people will go to War Band if they can get it...

well, after some time playing, i dont recommend it.

i got changed up continous 'party id' errors spamming the screen, and another runtime error causing a crash to desktop at separate times. something related to party ids etc. i had a regiment outside my castle, and garrisoned the castle from my own group and i was wandering about while numerous rhodok parties were approaching.

moreover, there was an elephant mercenary group outside the castle with my own color, but i havent hired them, they were probably hired by the losing lord of the castle before. so they ended up somewhat odd, waiting next to castle doing nothing. i talked with them, hired a party, party didnt appear, their numbers didnt change and etc.

we really need to wait it seems.

I have no idea why everyone is getting these errors... I have 100 troops on this and about to siege my first castle and have had almost no issues, apart from the vaeiger knights fighting with fists thing... 

It happens after a month of gameplay. Please, can you stop talking about this error?  :razz:
The solution was found on the next day after release.

I cheated to get a siege win before i started my main account and nothing happened...  :???: I'm not sure, I haven't had bugs that make the game unplayable yet.

here is the error im getting. it happens if i attempt to hire a party of soldiers from the mercenaries there, and then tell them to tell the party to follow me. no party appears of course. if, at this state, i hit escape and then click 'return to game', i get a runtime error and crash to desktop.

Yes unity100, I was talking about this error.

Kuba said:
It happens after a month of gameplay. Please, can you stop talking about this error?  :razz:
The solution was found on the next day after release.

Back
Top Bottom