Should Building Siege Engines Cost A Fortune?

Users who are viewing this thread

Seafoodking

Recruit
I assume building siege engine should cost a lot in the past. For balancing we should have it too. Share your thoughts.

Sometimes, but then the armies in the past already came with the tools to build them on the siege camp or they traveled along the armies slowing them

They only cost to build inside cities and sometimes they bought materials as well, so....

Why should it cost extra money?
If you have an army, you're already paying them. Building siege stuff is just a part of their job.

Nah, at most it would make sense to cost materials like Hardwood and Iron and other materials. But not money. If it would cost money, it would also make sense to force your prisoners to build them, to avoid paying troops more. Would be cool if you added hardwood from inventory. So yeah, I'd like using materials if possible to build siege weapons (wood, iron etc). And also limited ammunition for ballistas as well would be awesome... and make them a little bit stronger. Maybe buy ballista bolts and use them if you are going to build ballistas in a siege, and also buy rocks (heavy), used for catapults. Or, prolong your siege preparation time and make troops forage/mine/cut wood for the materials if you don't have certain materials and you want them.

In that way, preprare your pockets to sponsor 50 guys' armor and weapon for several upgrades with a chance of them dying.
There is no direct copypaste of costs of everything in this game, this in sieges would make it just annoying (if would require materials) or would make lords too scared of sieges (as it would require them to do additional assertions to decide if they can siege, I imagine) and stall the game.
That is what I think.

Back
Top Bottom