Shogunate System

Users who are viewing this thread

ZeroNoID

Sergeant
Are you going to be implementing a Shogunate system?

It can be done by add a spawn point of each factions lead capital for the npc shogunate character. or like how total war does it. 

If i remember correctly he did say he was ages ago i think he said he had like the bare bones done at the time but it seems it wasnt implemented in 3.0 yet but thats fine

unkowned said:
If i remember correctly he did say he was ages ago i think he said he had like the bare bones done at the time but it seems it wasnt implemented in 3.0 yet but thats fine
i took it out because it was terrible and caused a lot of problems -- but that was because i was still a poor coder. now i'm a slightly-better-than-poor coder and i think my experience with the forts will help a lot when i implement the ashikaga shogun and imperial court in a future update.

as for the player's shogunate, i've got a lot of ideas, but no real plans

phlpp said:
unkowned said:
i took it out because it was terrible and caused a lot of problems -- but that was because i was still a poor coder. now i'm a slightly-better-than-poor coder and i think my experience with the forts will help a lot when i implement the ashikaga shogun and imperial court in a future update.

as for the player's shogunate, i've got a lot of ideas, but no real plans

If the player is "Shogun" that lets the player send envoys to the other daimyo/feudal lords/warlords and give request/missions (Stop wars . etc.) .  and if they reject maybe based on conditions/respect it is considered treason.

ZeroNoID said:
If the player is "Shogun" that lets the player send envoys to the other daimyo/feudal lords/warlords and give request/missions (Stop wars . etc.) .  and if they reject maybe based on conditions/respect it is considered treason.
the player might not even be shogun -- i'd like for there to be an option of being regent like hideyoshi. in any case, there would be two parts of shogunate/regency:

1) the endgame, where you consolidate your control. for the two types of national ruler, the first phase will be the same -- when you control a large enough amount of territory (somewhere between 50% to 66%), you'll get a mission to crush the second-largest faction remaining (they'll get some kind of boost, justified as desperation measures). once you do it, the rest will swear fealty to you. it'll be like the odawara campaign when hideyoshi crushed the hojo. the second phase of consolidation will be different for each type: for a hideyoshi, it could be something like a korean campaign. for a tokugawa, it could be something like a sekigahara campaign. the sekigahara campaign couldn't have happened if it weren't for the circumstances of hideyoshi's death so those details will have to be worked out somehow

2) the post-endgame would have the rebellion and politics you'd describe. you've already won the game, so this is now just roleplaying. peasant rebellions here and there, like in shimabara. maybe a chance to pretend to be a lowly samurai, like in abarenbo shogun. this will be boring if we don't add features to give depth to characters and intra-NPC interactions, so this part is absolutely low priority

Back
Top Bottom