Settlement Custom Culture Breaks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Trying to figure out what I'm missing with my current project. Whenever I set a settlement (town_S1) to a custom culture it crashes. My custom culture has lords, clans, caravans, meeting scenes, everything with no real issues. If I set the town to Culture.sturgia it loads just fine, but the second I try Culture.northern it breaks. I'm not sure if there's a reference or piece I'm missing somewhere that is necessary I'm not setting or what. The lack of a debug log is driving me nuts.

For reference these are the files I have:
caravans.xml
heroes.xml
lords.xml
meeting_scenes.xml
settlements.xml
spclans.xml
spcultures.xml
spkingdoms.xml

You can view my code here:

I suspect the issue is with the meeting_scenes.xml file - the game never loads it. If you check the log you can see the game only loads one meeting_scenes xml, the one in the Sandbox module. So, theoretically, the culture has no associated meeting scenes, and the game can't handle that and cries itself to sleep? That would be my guess.

Here's the relevant code from the dlls:

C#:
private void InitializeScenes()
        {
            GameSceneDataManager.Instance.LoadSPBattleScenes(BasePath.Name + "Modules/Sandbox/ModuleData/sp_battle_scenes.xml");
            GameSceneDataManager.Instance.LoadConversationScenes(BasePath.Name + "Modules/Sandbox/ModuleData/conversation_scenes.xml");
            GameSceneDataManager.Instance.LoadMeetingScenes(BasePath.Name + "Modules/Sandbox/ModuleData/meeting_scenes.xml");
        }

Dialogue strings work the same way. You need to use C# to get it to read yours too.

Upvote 0
Thank you so, so much this is a huge tell.

I'll have to try hardmodding the meeting_scenes.xml for confirmation.

Edit: Hardmodding my culture into the core meeting scenes file did not stop the crash. So I'm suspecting it might be something else still (or multiple things.)

Upvote 0
Ah, dang. Would've been too easy I guess!

My only other thought would be that it's a problem to have the same settlement assigned with two different cultures - if it starts setting up the game assuming it's a sturgian town, then swaps it to Northern part-way through, it could break something else, like a Lord or a conversation or something.

Try making a new settlement to muck about with? Or that might just lead to a fun host of new problems :wink:

Upvote 0
That was my thought too, but creating a new settlement seems to explode rather easily, but I imagine "new settlements" need a ton more declared than I'm expecting.

I appreciate all your help though.

Upvote 0
I made a settlement using modding tool and C# but same to me. It crashes if you change any settlement culture Culture.khuzait to Culture.custom
I am trying to fix this issue for 2 days. please someone help.

Upvote 0
Ok let me tell my problem. I want a mod that gives me my custom troops without any cheat. So i decided custom culture is best way to do that. I made a mod that includes 9 new lords, 2 new clans, a new kingdom with a new culture, 1 new town with 2 new villages near it. Also the mod includes new troop trees. But only thing that i stuck is culture. I can't define any settlement as my custom culture. Otherwise it works perfectly fine. That means i did wrong something about culture. I just want to finish my project but i can't. I can share my mod with you guys if anyone can help. Please someone tell me what did i do wrong.
Sorry for my English. It is not my native tongue.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom