Serverside Slot Setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

So, I haven't had the necessity of using slots so much until now, before I could do workarounds or at least rely on them to work locally, but the problem is that when you set/get slots, they only work for the local host of a server, they won't work on a dedicated server and it won't get the ordinary player's slots. I understand that this is the point of slots, for them to operate on a local level, but I'm sure a few have managed to utilize them server-side. My question is this: Is there a foolproof way of setting slots for the server and then being able to get them? If not, what are the limitations?

Slots works on both, local and dedicated servers (+ it works on client).
The problem that you (and most of devs) have is this: server side, you set a slot, then in the client, you read that slot and you expect to get the values set by the server. The problem is that the server has it's slots and the client has it's own slots, both of them being different. The reason why it works when you host locally is that when you host a local server, you are both, the server and the client, sharing the same data, so the slots are shared too.

You could tell us what you want to realize and what you problem is + code/script and we (the community) can help you.

Alright, I'll bite.

Basically, I tried to have the slots set serverside by using an event in game_network_receive_message. It sets the slot and pretty much uses the client version of such an event to spread to all players present to truly make it server-side.

*EDITED*

Whoops, figured it out, it was my incorrect use of sending integers to server operation. Added a spare player_id.

Back
Top Bottom