Serious dedicated server crashes. Seems Sloved

Users who are viewing this thread

Mat Berserker

Sergeant Knight at Arms
It seems that there are some critical errors in FB that crashes dedicated servers. Thou normla servers hosted ingame are working pretty good. I'm working since morning to locate that problems but without success. At this point i know it is not caused by tanks. When you encounter strange disconect from server error and it disapear from the list post what you had been doing during crash.

Next possible reason my be MGs. Had you ever got server crash on server runing native map (except ruins which are modified and have flak3:cool:.

I count on you!

I recommend having a look at the collision meshes of your custom models. I myself am proud creator of a certain boat model that got a server in the Vikingr mod to crash again and again so that it had to be removed from the single map it was placed in.
It might have been because the collision mesh had parts where it "collided with itself", and thus I reworked it (didn't get to test the new version yet). On non-dedicated servers it worked, but dedicated ones would just crash.

I know you are not really asking for advice here, but you could also create a backup copy of the map and get closer to the problem by removing one half of your custom models in the map. If it still crashes, the problem lies in the other half, so that you can now use the backup version and delete a part of the faulty half to get closer to the problem. Thats how I finally found it was the boat (I had the map broken down to 32th parts eventually  :grin: ).

Good luck!

Id go and say this. If it's in battle mode, and it happens after a certain while and it seems that motf never appears (Master of the field), well, there's your problem. It tries to start master of the field but the flags are messed up so it crashes.

This shouldn't be a colision meshes. I had problem with them some time ago but fixed it. And crashes from col meshes fault happens only at the start of the new map. And as far as i remember it don't crashed on map beginning/end. I had some crashes in TDM too and seen some master flags.
MGs are used in every mode so maybe that's a clue.

Strange, really. This has happened to me before several times. It'd read "Connection to server lost," and when I tried to search for a game, the server would no longer be on the list. It's just a matter of luck whether or not it would appear on the list again. Don't remember what I was doing that made me lose connection, though.

EDIT:I was driving a truck, and someone was in my trunk. Then, all of the sudden, it froze, and the connection to server was lost. It may be a ping issue, because I was playing on a Polish server.

TrinityArse said:
Strange, really. This has happened to me before several times. It'd read "Connection to server lost," and when I tried to search for a game, the server would no longer be on the list. It's just a matter of luck whether or not it would appear on the list again. Don't remember what I was doing that made me lose connection, though.

EDIT:I was driving a truck, and someone was in my trunk. Then, all of the sudden, it froze, and the connection to server was lost. It may be a ping issue, because I was playing on a Polish server.

Nope had the same thing happen to me about 3 times today on 2 servers. I had to go away and do something before the server popped up again.

My thoughts were correct. When i turrned of stacionary MGs server started working correctly. Now we are playng on Katapulta nad it havent crashed even once. When I'll be 100% shure I'll revrite MG's script from (almost) scratch. You could soon expect new patch and more stable dedicated servers. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom