MP Oriental Sengoku Jidai: 1467-1573 [Recruiting] Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I am a bit curious as to what armour you are basing it on, especially with the circle-belt-like thing, rather than conventional straps.

Here's another useful link, An Online Japanese Armour Manual:

http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/katchu.html

Also remember that armour pieces, especially for the torso, are often quite a bit different to European styles in the way they are pieced together. A very common style was to make the armour to wrap around the torso, and being fastened on one side. The do maru (meaning "around the body"), is a one-piece protection for the entire torso. The O-yoroi is a two-piece construction (for the torso), where one piece protects the front, the left side and the back, and the second piece protects the right side. There are many other types as well, and a neat diagram is under the "Do" section in the link above.

I'm trying to follow this one:
Ashigaru5.jpg

Elite ashigaru armor...for the highest ranked ashigaru soldiers. I had to change the shape of the armor somewhat because of the shape of the human model. The vodies in the game are very viking like...so the armor has to be edit for a viking body. :razz:

And I asked for criticism, tell me what to change and I'll do it. What need to be fixed on the belt?

Ah! Those round things aren't actually parts of the armour, but rather packs of gunpowder, I believe. There's nothing wrong with the obi (belt), near as I can tell.

Ok the armor to the left is a armor from the game. The one to the right is the samurai armor. As you can see it's quite a lot bigger in poly count. It's the little balls that is making it so high. Anyone got an idea on what is the max poly count?

One base armor for each type of class. Like there is going to be:

Nodachi samurai - 1 base armor/weapon
Ashigaru rifleman - 1 base armor/weapon
Yari samurai - 1 base armor/weapon
Ninja..
warrior monk...
archers...

each class will have it's own base weapon and armor. These weapons and armors will be modified texture wise and model wise a little between each upgrade. So all in all...maybe 100 new models for all equipment. Something like that...that is maybe 25-30 fully from scratch made models. Then we just modify them to make them look like upgrades.

So this ashigaru armor will have 4 upgrades, then it will be used for the base of the yari ashigaru. So with this armor complete half of the modling work for two troops have been completed. Of course there is the helmets and boots etc. But they can't really be counted as major work. Since making a low poly helmet takes like 5-10 min.

But for one person this is a lot of work, and some help would be appreciated...since yes I got a life as well...:wink:

Kengeki mod.. have a look at that see if you can merge together or borrow some of his things because he has awesome animations which makes combat more unpredictable to people used to the normal animations 'specialy on horse back thats the worst when you go if for the couched stab and you suddenly lift it up into the air and crash it on the oppponents head..but enough of that heres the link to the mbrepository your gunna have to contact him from there.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1769

I looked at it, and it's nice. But a bit too unrealistic in my opinion. Something that really stuck out was the death animation. They become stiff people and they fly one meter back. And the spear animation from ground reminded me of somethin brad pit would do in the troy movie. Put the spear behind his head and stab towards the opponent.

The spears or yaris the samurais in this mod are going to use. Will be much longer than a greek spear. Up to about 5 meters in length. Great animations...but a bit too unrealistic for my taste. Thanks anyway.

I have started to work on the textures for the armor. Or I have started to unwrap it. Something I HATE TO DO. :razz: Well...I really wonder where the team has gone. Where are you all??

EDIT: Armor texture work in progress...

zahar said:
Wait a moment why dont you use original warband samurai armor?

It's outdated and ugly. Unless you mean the Khergit and Vaegir Elite Armor, which while it looks good, doesn't really fit realistically.

Yes I think it looks good...
But yours looks good to... So now I can't say whose beter :roll:

One question did somebody know in which BRF this (secret cheast) model is located in warband?

It is caling deneme.brf I finaly found it...
I disapoinded what the... did dewelopers done with samurai!
It need to be retexture!

Back
Top Bottom