SP - General Sea travel

Users who are viewing this thread

One thing that is missing from the game right now is sea travel. You have all these port cities but you have to ride your party around the giant lake to get from one end of the map to the other.

My simple suggestion would be that you add the ability to travel between friendly ports. So you go to a friendly port city, pay for everyone in your party to get passage on a ship, and then you see a little ship model travel to the destination port where you land.

Unfortunately I did not find an option to upvote this suggestion. Please tell me if there is one!
So I just upvote this!

@Niomedes: Naval Combat on the other hand I also find very cool, but realistically this is out of scope, don't you think? At least with moving ships ... a still map with two ships already engaged in a boarding fight ... hm, might be doable. We would just have a problem with people falling into the water. I don't know how to handle this, without bigger changes. Also think of this: I a knight in full armor falls into the sea ... he's just dead!
Please elaborate your suggestion!

Unfortunately I did not find an option to upvote this suggestion. Please tell me if there is one!
So I just upvote this!

@Niomedes: Naval Combat on the other hand I also find very cool, but realistically this is out of scope, don't you think? At least with moving ships ... a still map with two ships already engaged in a boarding fight ... hm, might be doable. We would just have a problem with people falling into the water. I don't know how to handle this, without bigger changes. Also think of this: I a knight in full armor falls into the sea ... he's just dead!
Please elaborate your suggestion!

Did you never play the Viking conquest DLC for Warband ?

Naval combat probably requires a whole new game and while fun is not really necessary.

All I want is the ability to sail my warband from Vostrum to Qasira.

Naval combat probably requires a whole new game and while fun is not really necessary.

All I want is the ability to sail my warband from Vostrum to Qasira.

It was already implemented in Warband 6 years ago with little issues. There is no reason this same thing couldn't be achieved here.

The campaign map looks like it's clearly designed to avoid a naval feature.
So I doubt it's planned, even in later stages/DLCs.

Making ferries might be too much work for the few places where it's relevant.
We did it in Viking Conquest, and it was a nice little feature.

Back
Top Bottom