(Scroll key switch bug) I don’t quite, I complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

soul_jak

Sergeant at Arms
Aight this is just a bug post and I guess a suggestion too

Bug: randomly my character will switch weapons or put away shield. Really sucks when that happens in the middle of a fight

Suggestion: classes that have both javelins and a throwing spear (wildling, recruit, and that sturgians dude) plz change the order the weapons switch, pisses me off that the next weapon in que after throwing spear are some javs instead of your sword/axe.

A lot of times u have ur throwing spear out to punish cav sucks when ur pushed u pull out javs

This used to happen to me when I kept weapon change on scroll up, it's either when you move your mouse or your fingers maybe move it slightly. I don't think it's a bug (I have never experienced it). I weapon switch on Q now.

This used to happen to me when I kept weapon change on scroll up, it's either when you move your mouse or your fingers maybe move it slightly. I don't think it's a bug (I have never experienced it). I weapon switch on Q now.
It’s a bug or it’s broken on their end cuz in every other game with a scroll key weapon switch this never has happened or when I’m on the internet the page doesn’t just randomly scroll

1. should definitely always be a melee weapon. I would put the shield on 4 so you have the weapons on 123 in case you want to use numpad.
Would also loke the ability to scroll through multiple weapons at once and not have multiple weapon switches when I need the melee weapon quickly.

PS: @soul_jak The title is really uninformative, how about something like "weapon scroll bug"?

That’s not the point tho yo, u even confirmed this happens to you too, so it’s a problem/bug. It should be fixed

I noticed a couple of times the game switched to a weapon automatically when I ran out of throwing weapons just yesterday, rather than leaving it to my fists until I select the next weapon.

I don't have weapon switching assigned to the mouse wheel.

It could be bug, but it feels like TW are starting to automate gameplay mechanics (like how horses jump over the table in Nord Town), which is really worrying.

If this trend continues, M&B combat will end up like this:

They already have the game change your attack direction automatically after you hit something.

That’s not the point tho yo, u even confirmed this happens to you too, so it’s a problem/bug. It should be fixed
No, I confirmed it was happening to me because I kept my weapon switch on scroll and was moving the mouse a lot.

I also noticed, more rarely but still happening, in other games with scroll switching. It's just a sensitive button to movement plus a bit of fat fingering (hehe).

I'm using 1234 most of the time but the problem is, on different classes you have different weapons\shields on different keys. You should know how to switch to you melee weapon on each class, avoiding the mouse scroll, especially if you have 3+ weapons. Binding each weapon type for it's button would be great improvement ofc. I don't like using the mouse scroll, cause usually it scrolls backwards, I guess it's my mouse problem, but it's annoying when you want to switch to the sword, and instead of that your character pulls out a shield with no melee weapon in right hand.
Also it would be great to get key bindings for every action like dropping shield without necessity of switching to it or holding g for 2 seconds, for dropping arrow quiver, for picking up a shield directly, cause it is common issue when you want to pick up a shield in the middle of the fight and instead of that your character pulls a javelin out of that shield and you die because of that.
There are a bunch of QoL improvements could be made.

I'm using 1234 most of the time but the problem is, on different classes you have different weapons\shields on different keys. You should know how to switch to you melee weapon on each class, avoiding the mouse scroll, especially if you have 3+ weapons. Binding each weapon type for it's button would be great improvement ofc. I don't like using the mouse scroll, cause usually it scrolls backwards, I guess it's my mouse problem, but it's annoying when you want to switch to the sword, and instead of that your character pulls out a shield with no melee weapon in right hand.
Also it would be great to get key bindings for every action like dropping shield without necessity of switching to it or holding g for 2 seconds, for dropping arrow quiver, for picking up a shield directly, cause it is common issue when you want to pick up a shield in the middle of the fight and instead of that your character pulls a javelin out of that shield and you die because of that.
Yeah the amount of times I've switched to my god damn javelins because its on 1 for some reason is too damn high

Alas, if only it were possible that we could choose our equipment order ourselves...!

Also big agree that hold G to drop, while a good feature, feels like it is very slow and unresponsive to both the menu popping up and selecting the wep to drop - also since everything uses generic icons, you can't always tell at a glance which item you want to get rid of. :smile:

Oh also can we bring back auto-drop empty quivers when picking up new items? Having to take 3s to hold F and manually select my empty throwing axes belt loop is just annoying. If you are a skirmisher class with 2 jav packs, and you throw all from one but not the other, it adds another pointless layer of tedium making sure you dont drop the full stack by accident...

In the same line of thought. Whenever you are using a Pike, the next weapon you switch to should be your 1h weapon and not your throwings. Whenever you play pike, you need to switch to a melee weapon when you get charged by an infantry.

Fast way to drop a shield is hold block with shield out and then drop this will make u drop ur shield and not ur main weapon

Fast way to drop a shield is hold block with shield out and then drop this will make u drop ur shield and not ur main weapon
Thakns I didn't know that, but still you need to switch to that shield. I'm usually dropping a shield on vlandian xbow for my cav and it takes some time to switch to melee, and I want to run and get my position as fast as possible.
Bl works fine with all these pick ups/drops, I mean it's not something that important to complain about, but there's always a room for improvement

Back
Top Bottom