Status
Not open for further replies.
GodHandApostole said:
lol .. think someone was a little confused with games' screenshots there :razz:

I wanted to see your reactions, will i now be hanged for being a traitor? lol

Heres some pics to make up for it.

06B921E3E42D61C74F4221220A0E5C5C71AFDA51

67BF8D6EDD13F2F239B3061BC307C748BD4095EB

Ok, now I know where the term crossbow is coming from, obviously it has nothing to do with the bow itself... good christians, these crossbowmen... what happened later, did they do the cancan?  :lol:

How did you do that? Is it a 1.5x feature? Haven't played via Steam since the latest 'improvement patch' for Warband.

I have to take what Taleworlds provides me with, so if my troops are holding their weapons like sissies and are running around the battlefield like this... well, if that's the idea of TW about medieval style soldiers, I have to go with it... as long as they can perform the cancan after we've won the battle, I am completely satisfied and for serious ranged work I never use the x-men anyway, I always use the good old Cymry because they don't bend down in a submissive manner while shooting :lol:

2m61qbm.jpg

Is it time for Matins?

rk0sqd.jpg

The French invaded England and besieged London whilst Bishop Walter of Durham was leading a pointless campaign in Ireland. The fate of London hung in the balance, but the besiegers were repelled, whereupon the entire English army and I caught them out in the field and battled them.

Obviously, I prefer the Emirate of Granada  :wink:

I promise I will get better equipment when I have the money :razz: my fief keeps getting raided, so I'm saving my money for troop wages (I'm saving a bit for fief improvements anyway). However, I took two French prisoners, so I'm hoping their ransoms will be good. Also, I'm finally strong enough to wear a plated surcoat and mail, so I need to get myself one of those! And a destrier...

Obviously, I prefer the Emirate of Granada 

I'm sorry,HOW couldn't i see that?  :smile:

Tournaments pay pretty well, if you have a good equipment to take part in.In case
you didn't know you can go to a town and the arena and ask the tournament master
"will there be a tournament anywhere near?".That saves a lot of time randomly searching for
tournaments.

England never hold any and we're surrounded by hostile nations, so tournaments aren't as available right now :razz: I won a tournament and bought that great helm with the prize money.

EDIT:

Yes, I changed my coat of arms. I didn't really like the shade of blue my first one was (I enjoy heraldry!) and I was having trouble finding a surcoat/horse barding that went with it. I saved up my ransom money to buy my horse/armour

The French invaded again and Bishop Walter was, yet again, being an idiot, so I spoke to Archbishop Boniface and we agreed he should no longer be marshal. Now, Richard de Clare is the marshal. He got into a spot of bother with the as-of-yet unchecked French army which made landfall in England, so it was time to help.

29kzac2.jpg

After being unhorsed, I led an infantry charge which finally managed to get in amongst those pesky French crossbowmen

254zj9j.jpg

...and barely escaped with my life once the French cavalry realised what was happening....

2j3gyh4.jpg

We won in the end! However, I was wounded and had to finish the battle as one of my crossbowmen and a farmer with a scythe  :wink:

EDIT again:
I have just looked it up in my big book on heraldry: apparently my new crest was historical and was borne by a man called Langton (first name unknown?), the baron of Walton, who was knighted in 1348.

I played vanilla in dx9 and it was suffered from horrible, horrible lag. Then I changed to dx7 and all was smooth and well :smile:

Crusading screenshots!

34qk1zr.jpg

9qhemc.jpg

34j7rdv.jpg

I'm thankful that the textures are high-quality enough to look great in Dx7 as well. Also, once you play in Dx7 and everything runs smoothly, you can pump up the options a bit and the game starts to look gorgeous without giving you crashes or lag. Might not be HD but it does work well :smile: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62625104/2012-05-07_00006.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62625104/2012-05-07_00008.jpg
By the way, I might be a minority in thinking this, but I find the great helm on the first screenshot I linked awesome! If only it had a coif to cover the neck, it'd be tmy helm of choice :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom