Screenshot Mega Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0nuV.jpg

Adalard the Merchant was always meant for a quiet life and yet somehow, after one too many beers at the local inn, mistakenly found himself amongst the Empire's proudest and bravest.
The Unlikeliest Hero! Hail and Glory to Adalard!

Leifr Eiríksson said:

l0nuV.jpg

Adalard the Merchant was always meant for a quiet life and yet somehow, after one too many beers at the local inn, mistakenly found himself amongst the Empire's proudest and bravest.
The Unlikeliest Hero! Hail and Glory to Adalard!

Poor Adalard, he came out of the pub and after getting lost he came upon a group of fellow Marienburgers. "What ho! chaps," he cried, "what are you queuing for?". The rearmost spearman turned on him, and in a sarcastic tone sneered "We're waiting for the ale ration." At this Adalard's sozzled brain perked - after all more ale sounded good! "Would you mind if I went in front of you?," he asked in all innocence. "Be my guest," the spearman replied, shoving his spear and shield into Adalard's hands. "Hold these for me," he cried and began to unbuckle his armour. "Would you wear this for me? I need to take a piss, and its heavy to carry." Beaming his consent, Adalard allowed the soldier to buckle the armour on to him and then, when the last buckle was in place, the spearman slouched off away from the group. If it worked once, Adalard thought, it might work again. He leaned in towards the fellow in front of him and asked if he could take his place, and to his delight the bemused man switched places. Before he knew it Adalard was in the front rank. He grinned to himself - at least he was going to get the ale first!

What a guy...

The battle against the undead was great to watch. Really thought they had you pinned down in the slow grind there, and then suddenly they crumbled when their lords and necromancers fell.

From what I've seen it's probably the "best" out of the box of all the total wars, but that's mainly because the campaign is an extremely simplified clone of the previous two games, and the sieges and field battles have been scaled right down to eliminate the problems with previous games rather than solve them.

To be honest I'm just really surprised WellenBreaker even bought the game at all. :lol:

It's a horrid Total War game. Like, ridiculously bad, simplistic or for a change sometimes just plain insultingly condescending towards the presumed intelligence of the customer.
But it's a rather fantastic Warhammer adaption. And the mods just make it into a good game as well. Just not a good Total War game.

Make of that what you will.

Oh and be aware that most of us bought the game for a grand total of 12 bucks over at Humble Bundle (that offer should stand till the end of the month or so), because **** Sega and their sixty bucks game with (at this point) ~55 bucks of DLC ****e business practise.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

See the price thing.

And yes, CA just looked at most of the long-standing issues of the series and went "screw it" and cut it out.
Well, apart from those mind-blowing and at times even game breaking issues where the gibbering morons comprising their focus testing groups didn't stammer out their ecstatic consent, like lightning fast battles that are over in four minutes tops and "long" campaigns that are won over the course of one evening.

But hey, comparing this with what they've been doing to their "historical" games, they should really REALLY consider just sticking with fantasy stuff in the future. They evidently are a lot better at it.

/edit
Actually, while I am at it, let'S rage about where CA just simply stopped giving a **** even on the most superficial level, not even touching any gameplay:

So with Rome 2 they introduced this very fancy and good looking city expansion system, eh?
Completely gone.

Remember those beautiful banners above units, for example in the Medieval 2 screenshots from a few pages ago?
Gone.

Or any or all visual representation of unit experience? Be it on the banners or the actual models?
Gone.

Remember officers and the like standing out of the normal troops and giving them a nice extra touch?
Gone.

Remember where all of those things really contribute to the setting and/or are core parts of the source material? This very ****ing game...
Like... what the **** where they thinking?
****, they actually have ingame research to add sergeants and banners to your troops and yet they NEVER show up.

They have a system with basically unlimited variation for your over-world map characters in the game and yet every single character is a 1:1 clone of the other.
WHY?

Same with units. They have the system in place to create essentially unique groups of soldiers and yet without mods everyone is a clone of his neighbour. This is the most apparent with units where you would naturally expect the most variations with the least effort for the designers, i.e. all the beastmen and the Wood Elves and their trees and such, and for both of those you have to pay extra at a ****ing premium for crying out loud.

All, like properly LITERALLY every single Empire city there is looks the same. Every single backwater has the same model as the presumed centre of the empire.
Meanwhile every single Dwarven regional capital has a completely and utterly unique model carefully crafted by hand to fit the mountains surrounding it. Who on earth thought that was a nice and balanced way to approach this?

All those unique Dwarven cities and regions? They have EQUALLY ****ING UNIQUE MODELS for their state as a ruin and when captured by Orcs/Goblins.
I love playing as the dorfs, but come on...

Chaos, the hyped up big baddy at the end, is not only a complete pushover joke faction, it's also unfinsihed to the point where you think "yeah ok when's the second invasion wave with all the actual chaos stuff coming then?".
And this is AFTER one pay-to-play DLC already, mind you.

11E7B5CD8D34BF27BB15A975FF28ADBDB21A61EB

DB933B6C6ED0AA86060E586C389F8BE199E670FB
This is the most frustrating room in the whole dlc so far, there are 2 gorecyclopes ( the ones chained ), 3 mages that can kill everyone in one hit with one spell, 2 warriors that can tank everything pretty well, and it can also sometimes spawn 3 garms who can **** everyone up pretty easily

Just, why ? Its making me regret doing this dlc before doing the everfall

DHoqF.jpg
After some battles on the road to Constantinople, I took the city and drove the Mongols into Asia Minor. Some turns of cleaning up later and they were well clear of the Nicea  area. Just when I was starting to pull back my armies to leave the remnants of the Mongols to the Byzantines however, some new guests arrived at my northern border...
ksXXq.jpg
AoNdg.jpg
At the start of the attack the Timurids shot some rockets at a wall section to the right of the gate, so I sent some of my troops there.
6FozP.jpg
wvgdR.jpg
5b7Gs.jpg
FhmBO.jpg
eVbmS.jpg
bpSgM.jpg
Wb7hG.jpg

Fortunately it had been long enough since the last Crusade was called.
jva9f.jpg

TtCeJ.jpg

DTfX4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom