Screenshot Mega Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
E66F82DE2F3DBCDEC41FB5E64B2D9B8116E06F32
8C3B3E93BC02BADC48024AD826DF7BC9E61DA2DF

72439E6F6AA48697BEB51CF7CAD6D4C3C613945F

And I'm still stuck with the Belle Poule. It's not a bad ship; it's just that the 12-pounders don't pack as much of a punch as I'd like to have. Unfortunately, to get the new ship that I want, I have to be online at the same time as the clanmate who's crafting it for me. So far, I haven't had much luck with that.

What colour should we give Caesar's Legion? Well, they carry dark red banners with gold embroidered bulls, and their uniforms have red and black plumes...

Oh, of course, CHINA PINK! Duh!

Arvenski said:

And I'm still stuck with the Belle Poule. It's not a bad ship; it's just that the 12-pounders don't pack as much of a punch as I'd like to have. Unfortunately, to get the new ship that I want, I have to be online at the same time as the clanmate who's crafting it for me. So far, I haven't had much luck with that.
That's why you run the Belle with carronades and not with any of the other stuff.
If you want Longs or Mediums in that category you use the Frigate.

But I guess it's way harder to get ships now, considering they stopped you from capping them for some bloody reason...

Wellenbrecher said:
Arvenski said:

That's why you run the Belle with carronades and not with any of the other stuff.
If you want Longs or Mediums in that category you use the Frigate.

But I guess it's way harder to get ships now, considering they stopped you from capping them for some bloody reason...
Eh, you're probably right. I'm just not a fan of the bullet drop on carronades, so after running a couple of my earlier ships with them (Niagara with 32-lbers :razz:) I've stuck with regular cannons.

As for getting ships: I like to buy mine from other players who've crafted them, so I haven't really encountered any problems there except for the fact that nobody seems to be selling Essexes where I'm looking. My clan has a system going where you can order (via a Google spreadsheet thingy) ships from the folks who are into crafting, but lately my fellow clan members haven't seemed to be overly active.

Kamos32 said:
Captured Joe said:
Beautiful screenshots Arv!
UNQO0.png

Did you ally with the Enclave? That doesn't seem much like Caesar.
It made strategically sense; the Legion isn't part of any of the 3 in-game factions, so I reckoned I should ally with one. War with the Enclave would be a really nasty affair for both sides too, and allying with them would safeguard my more vulnerable areas.

8795E4624E7324F08CF20EECE336D291BD8B1A08

A unit (maybe even two units) of howitzers aimed at that unit of enemy cavalry. Unfortunately, the cavalry were in melee with my infantry line, and the howitzers had quicklime shots loaded. The howitzers were also positioned so that their shots flew parallel to the infantry line, as did the quicklime clouds when said shots landed. Killed damn near everyone alive beforehand in one regiment, and (unless I'm mistaken) about 90-100 men in the next regiment down the line. I wasn't amused.

Radetzky said:
"They saw their own cavalry mingled with the troopers who had just ridden over them, and to the eternal disgrace of the Russian Arvenski's name, the miscreants poured a murderous volley of grape and canister on the mass of struggling men and horses, mingling friend and foe in one common ruin."

xIy9fhr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom