Not open for further replies.
Brand new Created GT team.
82F204271DA151879E25C2F2289CAE509443D9BF
Our ****ty car.
6F99402ABADA813915470023BDAF0D7A577A1F45
-------------------------------------------

6F033729696237452F946C92C242A598E98B8392

Age of Empires II: The Sunset said:
Hmm. Well, it appears to be worse than every game it's trying to compete with.

This game is a lot of things.

-----------------------------------

It's like GTA V, except the cities, snug vehicle controls, extensive customization and player population.

It's like Titanfall, except the polished PvE and PvP content.

It's like Borderlands, except the 'actual' variety of guns.

It's like Splinter Cell, except the AI is an aimbotting, snap-shooting mess on anything above normal difficulty.

It's like Watch Dogs, except instead of "smoothly" transitioning players between singleplayer and multiplayer, you are instead yanked back and forth in the form of obnoxious loading screens.

It's like the Just Cause series, except instead of getting around by having actual fun with the in-game physics, your primary means of travel will be by teleporting with fast travel. Including warping directly to your teammates while praying for your life that the short car rides you are forced to have doesn't spontaneously skid off the road into a random boulder or glitch you through the ground whilst you effortlessly chug yourself up a 90 degree mountain in a 70 year old rusty van.

It's like Sleeping Dogs, except instead of having an intriguing and borderline alternative story where you choose your actions and pick a side with consequences, you're instead force-fed the most obnoxious, generic "HYURRR TERRURISTSE" plotline ever devised by man that's accompanied by relentless vocalization yelling into your ears at every little action.

It's like Battlefield, except the map & world design is rètarded while there aren't even any hints of destructible enviroments, 20 kilometer long fences with no entrances/holes vs. grenades included.

It's like any other shooter, except it runs like a pile of vomit-inducing dogshìt that has been left out in the sun to rot for a solid two weeks, even for "recommended" specs on minimum settings and above. Especially in areas with buildings.

-----------------------------------

Tries to be too many things and ends up accomplishing nothing, as expected from the failure of a company that is Ubisoft.
That's a bit harsh. It's fairly entertaining, just not on the level of some of those games.

CQTsU.jpg
-n5cB.jpg
3OxVm.jpg

Adorno said:
That's a bit harsh. It's fairly entertaining, just not on the level of some of those games.

Me and Fishy just played for nearly 4 hours straight. It's really fun!

xI1ngoR.jpg
LHlYWI7.jpg
eDgKmzb.jpg
5WGpGdp.jpg
EU0Cjpn.jpg
YSBXIfH.jpg
2ER006h.jpg
c93DS0T.jpg
pXjQYOk.jpg

You have a squad of 3 AI that you lead if you're not in a game with other people. As soon as you join someone else, it's just the people in the party. I played with Densetsu the entire time, so I can't comment on the ability of the AI.

I'm loving this beta.

1c27094cc1ef91c35e4d8933e4ef844c.png
66ba4cafdbf911b632b7b71fd1960ea3.png

Edit : It started out with me picking out the least optimal camouflage, then I considered buying it, then I got bored.
E92AA2AEA3F27722B93E6988956AC100C5E0F937
CC59389CEF50DCA43B5A9744343153F5B98A7BD2
ACDDF552BF0AFD955B24CF47AD744C98109F423B

20D1A0E6DD8E5409AC32F4B90872F85F5D486A9F

TheFlyingFishy said:
... so I can't comment on the ability of the AI.
The AI is decent. Your 3 NPC team mates can take orders and actually spread out and take cover.
They won't engage unless attacked, or you tell them to - if you want to use stealth to take out the enemies.
They're pretty poor at killing the enemies though. It takes a long gunfight before one of them says "got a kill!"
They're mostly for keeping the enemy busy, draw fire away from you, and for shooting from vehicles (since you can't do that when driving/flying them)
Enemy AI takes cover too of course, but don't seem to use much tactics, like flanking. So it's not much different from similar games, like Far Cry or Just Cause.

epDpP.jpg
fPiHN.jpg
IhpOC.jpg
remgg.jpg
XT_nu.jpg

This being the first new Ubisoft game I've played on console since AC4, I'm having a blast with it. Stumbling upon cartel members preparing to execute civilians then silently taking them out is satisfying, I think I've only done the first 2 story missions so far, the rest of the time I've bumbled about killing sicarios. The vehicles controls/physics are a bit iffy but meh, AI is decent but overall it feels fresh, not your standard Middle East, kill the Muslims shooter. I'll most likely buy it on release, also on single player is there a point to being a passenger? I was under the impression your AI would drive you to a waypoint but apparently not.

Pretty much. The reviews on Steam were taken down. About 60% not recommended :p
I just think it's because it doesn't quite hold up to other open-world games in the genre.
Nothing makes it stand out, and the whole 'American war on drug cartels' story is boring.
So it's mediocre. But you can still have fun, and they've put a lot of work into making the world feel alive.

Weird stuff
NfJT3.jpg
cgQPN.jpg
fiwxZ.jpg

Action
wyEqj.jpg
XTYjF.jpg
ArGnK.jpg

My disguise isn't working
0rMPR.jpg
YVCPT.jpg

Status