Scottish Independence

Users who are viewing this thread

Although considering the places with the lowest voter turnout were predominantly yes favouring areas (Glasgow and Dundee to name a couple), it could have been far closer, or even on the other side of the scale.

Swadius 2.0 said:
Getting 10% more than the opponent is quite a lot, especially considering that a lot of votes in these democracies usually have much less than a 10% difference.

You know what's more than 10%? A lot more? 45%.

Jarvisimo said:
So, atleast one nation who gained independence has wanted to come back. :smile:

The UAE tried to pay their way to staying, IIRC something to do with military cost cutting after the 1966 Defence White Paper made the government want to end the relationship but the UAE didn't want to stop it so offered to pay all costs but it was declined..

Britain has also wanted to rid itself of Falklands but obviously that has been impossible since the war. Pesky public opinion getting on the way of the better-knowing civil service...

Jhessail said:
Britain has also wanted to rid itself of Falklands but obviously that has been impossible since the war. Pesky public opinion getting on the way of the better-knowing civil service...

They should have learnt from the Czechoslovaks then...

Jhessail said:

Not so much anymore considering the possibility that there be oil under it! That's almost certainly one reason why the Argentines had a brief flourish of anti-British-ness a few years back. Well, a more evident period of, "**** you Britain!" Than it usually does..

Sparkyninja said:
Jhessail said:

Not so much anymore considering the possibility that there be oil under it! That's almost certainly one reason why the Argentines had a brief flourish of anti-British-ness a few years back. Well, a more evident period of, "**** you Britain!" Than it usually does..
More like political dickswinging from the dominating party prior to a parlamentary election iirc
We have enough oil in places like Vaca Muerta and the whole Patagonia is full of gas and petroleum, but more juicy oil is never bad right? :>

I know this was a week ago, but I've only just been able to access the forums.

Kobrag said:
Inbefore cries of vote rigging and calls for violent revolution. ._.

Don't even get me started. Barely 5 minutes after the announcement was made EVERYONE was calling foul. 3 videos appeared of apparent rigging and all were explained very thoroughly about what was going on. Still a week later people are stupid enough to keep sharing them. "It can't have been a no though, all my facebook friends said YES!"

When the vote was announced I was sad, but at the end of the day, it would have been pure chaos right now if it was a majority Yes vote. If they had started planning for things 2 years back and come out and said "ok yes, we won't keep the pound but here we have our own currency worked out etc. etc." instead of just going "ah ah ah but no they cant make us drop it".

I didn't get to vote because I thought I had registered and it was actually the bloody useless European election papers that were sitting at home. Which was funny cause they arrived at least 2 months after they were held  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom