Scottish Independence

Users who are viewing this thread

And now the Sterling is at an two year high against the Euro and the US dollar, thanks Scotland!
Time for Alex Salmond to crawl back into his hole and become the car salesman like he was born to be.

No, you misunderstand. It didn't come across like poking fun at all, to me you genuinely did and do sound like it offended you that them dirty foreigners would dare to think about it. The emote was completely misplaced on my part.
Besides, even with a loss of what? 45% for Yes, the Yes fellas have won in a way. Whoever's in charge should probably start thinking about changing a few things when 1,5 million of their subjects would rather leave.

Of course, I'm sure that much of the UK would have a heavy vote towards Yes if it meant a substantial change from Westminster. It's just that this time with Scotland and the rUK we're better together:smile:
They've had amazing voter turnout, the best ever I believe. It's great to see so many motivated to get out of their houses and into the streets (which is unusual for Scottish folk), if only our regular elections could encourage such response.

Scotts simply forgot how to organize a proper referendum:
b5ph7.jpg

Honestly, I was expecting the scots to vote yes for some reason, probably the larger crowds trying to sniff salmond than the "no" supporters, I guess it was a case of the silent majority.

Oooofttt!!!  That was a sair yin, especially for me.

Never actually expected to win it outright, but hoped to get around 48% or more.  That would've sent a very clear message, and maybe delivered a long and lingering death blow to the Union.  Didn't happen though.

Salmond isn't taking it well, he's really let himself go in the last few hours:

iKVwOJa.jpg

I was thinking of setting up a small business selling decorative glass bottles, but there are already two million bottle merchants in Scotland.  :lol:

Seriously, though, I'm fcuking gutted.  That was our one real chance, and we blew it.

I look forward to paying the House of Lords expenses for Lord Alistair Darling, Lord Jim Murphy, and Lord Gordon Brown over the next twenty years.  Can't wait for the renewal of Trident too, and the coming £25 billion worth of public spending cuts.  It's gonnae be glorious.  Our brave boys will have their boots on the ground in Syria before you know it.  Hurrah for Britain! 

Back
Top Bottom