say cheese

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobhinds said:
Rivers ain't my strong suit. I could probably only name 2-3 major rivers in the UK.

At least, in regards to England, you just have to look at town names. They normally have a river in them. I can name 3 rivers that begin with T in England, never mind major rivers in the whole of the UK. Are there actually any major rivers besides the Thames? There's the Trent, the Tees, the Tyne, the Tay... and then in Scotland I know of the Forth, the Clyde and the Allan that don't begin with T.

jacobhinds said:
Rivers ain't my strong suit. I could probably only name 2-3 major rivers in the UK.
not mine either but ... the Rhine.

Eктωρ said:
I think the Thames, the Tyne and Mersey are the only rivers I know about in England.
you forgot about the longest river in the world! The Don flows from Australia, through Laos, Russia, India, France, the UK and then all the way to Ontario!

I come bearing many fine-quality pictures of my adventures since last Wednesday. Be prepared for a journey through the deepest, darkest depths of my wonderful Blackberry camera.

And because I lost my lead which allows me to connect my phone to my PC and swiftly drag and drop these pictures, I had to email all of them to myself, then download them, and re-save them. So you will click on every single spoiler and you will be amazed  :mad:

On Wednesday night I went out with some folks from work and ate a lot of food

3rFMP.jpg
3JSE3.jpg

On Friday morning I got new hair

FB07A.jpg

I don't know why my complexion looks so bad in that picture, but I guess the reason starts with "blackberry" and ends with "camera" and might also have the word "crappy" thrown somewhere in there just for good measure.

Then I was on a road in England

-OFSn.jpg
fuNKO.jpg

Then Scotland happened. It turns out that the roads in southern Scotland are of very fine quality and in a much better state of repair than the roads in England, probably because all of our councillors are a bunch of tossers and spend all our road repair money on drugs or whatever.

NHELJ.jpg
T3tvu.jpg

Then I got to Berwick, which was quite nice and very warm, and I got sunburned even though it was kinda cloudy.

cqHoU.jpg
_Dz9j.jpg
eygKW.jpg
pEI61.jpg

I got up early the next day and took some pictures because it was sunny

DOlN4.jpg
wzmuo.jpg
DBZ7j.jpg
cbsU2.jpg
GMdil.jpg
aATjA.jpg
VKQHS.jpg
Ymb7J.jpg

After I took some pictures of the sea I walked around the historic walls and fortifications and enjoyed getting sunburned beneath the clouds

QfJzL.jpg
vDKCT.jpg
Rk6Nn.jpg
odDbV.jpg
UZr7h.jpg
9DyHo.jpg
qG-2D.jpg
bMVLc.jpg
haoUw.jpg
5avhM.jpg
pGUiy.jpg

And finally I saw a seagull strolling atop a car