NW Completed Saturday - Conquest Event (Concepts)

Users who are viewing this thread

damonkey

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hello, community!
For those of you who do not know me, my name is DaMonkey (not damon keys, ffs  :wink: ), previous Oberst of the 16th Kampfgruppe. I have been discussing with a few regiments about the concepts that would come into play in order to host a truly uniqe NW event. Bear in mind this post is still under construction, and will be made "purty" at a later date, as of now the important thing is to get the concept down and open for discussion.

Time and Date
Before we delve into this, I would like to point out that this will not be a weekly event. At most it will be a bi-weekly event, possibly even monthly. The main reason for this is to prevent the "burnout" many people experience from going to the same thing weeks on end. Secondly, it gives us ample time to churn out custom Conquest maps to use, and time to analyze rules that are currently set to figure out any balancing that need be done.

Unit roles
The major thing we've been toying with has been the concept of what regiment gets the privilage of being the week's skirmishers/cavalry/artillery. In previous linebattle events, for balance purposes, each team is allowed one unit of skirmishers/cav/etc and the rest are line infantry. The new concept for this event is, if your a Cavalry Regiment then go Cavalry, if your an Artillery regiment then go Artillery. There will be no registration for a role. If your regiment is designed, and trains for, a certain role I will not stop you from going that role. Now, before you tremble in fear of Artillery/Cavalry/Skirmisher spam, let me assure you it will balance out. For one, the gamemode and map itself will balance this out, each map has varying terrains and locations to capture. These range from Forts, to Towns, to mountains. In between these points are varying terrains, some mountainous, some wooded, and some flat. If one team has Cavalry up the rear, then they will be of little effect trying to get to the strategic point in hills or mountains, as well as those in woods/forests, however if there were a point in the middle of a "great plain", the cavalry could easily rip infantry apart. In essence, a unit's survival will depend on the commander's ability to use the terrain to his advantage and/or his ability to avoid dangerous terrain. In addition, there will be balancing rules to differant roles. Such as a limit to a formation (Example: 15 Cavalry max. in a formation, if you have more, you'll have to form a second formation of cavalry).

Proposed Line Infantry Rules:
- May not have more than 1/2 man spacing
- Must charge as a unit. No stragglers shooting while the rest charge.
- When you have 15 men, you must form two ranks.
- Minimum men for formation: 6
- No crouching. Exceptions: 1) Front Rank 2) Hiding in ambush (not under fire!)

Proposed Cavalry Rules:
- Dragoons may not fire via horseback.
- Dragoons may dismount and fire in skirmish order.
- Dismounted, may have 1 1/2 spacing, and can crouch.
- Single man scouting is not permitted, you must have a "scouting party" of at least 4.
- Lancer will not be permitted (for the time being, perhaps in the future)
- Maximum Men per formation: 15 Minimum: 8

Proposed Skirmisher Rules:
- May crouch and skirmish.
- May have up to 2 man spacing.
- Maximum per Formation: 9
- Minimum 6

Proposed Artillery Rules:
- May use however many cannons as you please.
- Each individual cannon must have a crew of 3
- Cannons are not permitted guards, you should pick a good spot (behind or next to front line) that will not be vulnerable to enemy attack, if you are eye candy for cavalry, it's your fault :p
- Take a cannon from the spawn, not from other artillery regiments.

Proposed Sapper Rules: (This is where it gets interesting)
- Sappers will have "unlimited" build points.
- Main purpose is to fortify points under their team's control, and to destroy enemy fortifications at enemy held points.
- In the event Sappers pick up muskets, they are considered Line Infantry, not skirmishers.
- Maximum Sappers per Formation: 4 Minimum: 4(? {still Working this out})

Note: We would ask that all units be in the event's TS, in order for proper cooperation to take place (Cannons will need to coordinate with Infantry in order to take an enemy point fortified by sappers, for example)

The event will be, for the first few, invitational only. This will be the initial stress and balance test. Please do not spam me PMs with requests for invites, you may do that at a later date. All of these ideas are open for discussion here, but does not mean that it will change, and "open for discussion" does not warrant the lack of reasoning in your requests. Please note, this post is still being worked on, and these are all concepts.

The event will first Launch the 3rd Saturday of this month, and will from then on be hosted the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month. Next Saturday, the 2nd saturday, will be used to stress test the server. It will be used to test various thing, so regiment invited to the actual conquest event are invited to come to the festivities. We will probably end up doing a Random Plains Linebattle, and then a test run of conquest. A list of regiments that are invited are as follows:

-1stEPI (Haven't personally invited, due to me knowing there is already a LB on Sat. Still Welcome)
-19te (Same as EPI)
-10th Prussian Infantry
-35te Prussian Infantry
-16. Fusilier Kompanie
-29th Worcestershire
-4th (King's Own) Regiment of Foot
-00th

* Please do not ask to be invited. I will ask you.

Back
Top Bottom