[S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
monnikje - After using Tweak-MB, Morg's Warband Tools and playing some time with the mod campaign, I have some info\ideas:

1- The tools work as they should, Item, troop, party, faction etc are all responding as they should.
2- Tweak-MB works as it should. Not all options are available, since there are many changes to the files. The program blocks all the options that might cause errors or bug, so it's safe to use.
Played a game to day 50 ish to test.

3- Manhunters - please make them mounted, dismounted they are very weak because of slow weapons.
4- With all the new items and stronger troops, all the Kings and Lords are outdated both in terms of fashion :roll: and stats.
So they are weak on the field and some of their troops have better gear and stats(I know its a lot of work).
5- More companions will be great.

3 - 5 won't be save game compatible.

6- I tried to use Tweak-MB to make Tavern Keepers buy poisoners, but it didn't work( works in native).
This is save game compatible.

7- The best Manhunter - Slaver Chief(127) has a great flaw, they are mounted but use the Bac Da Corbin(War Hammer 490) which can only be used on foot, so they all ride unarmed!  :shock:

I'll write some more ideas as I go along.

Duh said:
monnikje said:
Adding many more companions would make it unfortunately not savegame compatible, something I do want for the versions to come.
-Long explanation, blah blah yadda yadda edited by Duh -
I want to keep the next version savegame compatible, so unfortunately, no, I won't be adding more companions or Malik Faris' mod. Maybe at a later date, but not now.

Malik Faris has by the way written an excelent tutorial on adding your own companions: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130815.0.html

As you can see if more companions come it will be at a later date, but you can add them yourself, if you dont want to wait :wink: check the link

heh, nice abbreviation of the explenation there :razz:

Ok, just downloaded the hotfix for the troops.txt and ill get cracking tomorrow... hopefully ill be done by the end of the week.
Ill put it up on the depository once its done.

Remember, this is a purely optional file.

All it does is steer the troops equipment back towards my original vision for the factions.
But Monnikje will be redesigning the troop tree soon, so there will be two (hopefully) distinct versions to play with. Mine and Monnikjes. Looking forward to see what he does with it :grin:

Duh said:
monnikje said:
Adding many more companions would make it unfortunately not savegame compatible, something I do want for the versions to come.
-Long explanation, blah blah yadda yadda edited by Duh -
I want to keep the next version savegame compatible, so unfortunately, no, I won't be adding more companions or Malik Faris' mod. Maybe at a later date, but not now.

Malik Faris has by the way written an excelent tutorial on adding your own companions: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130815.0.html

As you can see if more companions come it will be at a later date, but you can add them yourself, if you dont want to wait :wink: check the link

Oh, I see. Thank You very much and sorry for problem :oops:

Lordique said:
For me it all looks great! Only one thing (for me)could this compilation make better- The mod with more companions.

Cheers!:smile:

I would be completely against that. The vast majority of those new companions are shells; very little to no personality and they share the same generic speeches. I used that mod and was thoroughly unimpressed. I would rather have 5 well-developed companions than 70 crappy clones.

2 Notes:
This looks usefull to me; makes lords without a castle/town a lot more active.
Save game compatible.

The second is more in-game related. Day 150, I'm independent only fighting, my only direct involvement is vs bandits (supporting a lord).
Take the world map, as it starts. So no Castles or towns sieged/captured by others. Then think about what targets each faction attacks from the neighbouring factions.
Uhhun Castle is taken by the Nords, and Narra by the Vaegirs.

Nords are at war with the Khergit
Vaegirs are at war with the Khergits and Rhodoks
And Swadia is at war with the Khergits and Rhodok.
Sarranids know only peace.

There were no alliances who triggered this. Something is messed up, or what? Normally it's all about Kelredan Castle, Rindyar Castle etc.

No offense guys but before debating about the next version, one must first deal with the numerous bugs of the present one :

First bug reported with a saved game :

Sim.aleph said:
Hi Floris,
Congrat for your mod !
I came down on one bug though. Running a saved game from native (with modified troops.txt)
All the message logs disappear and I get this

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2190: Invalid Faction ID: -1 LINE NO 20
At script: get_relevant_comment_for_log_entry.

and so on
when I display the "recent messages" tab

Any ideas on this problem ?

Another bug with a brand new save :

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1641: Invalid Party ID: 570 LINE NO 181
party_set_ai_states

Third bug :

All new horses have 0 in Armour
All new heraldic shields have 0 in RESISTANCE

To me, this version is a beta release...

Well it was mentioned that the bugs will be fixed in the next version.
So debating about the next version seems to me like a reasonable thing to do.  :lol:

The horse armor is by the way no bug. The creator of the horse mod made it that way afaik. Still monni (lmao i just cant type it) is going to fix that - again - in the next version.

:smile:

EDIT: Mno this Caba guy is fancy :grin:
I like his skirmish mode http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137970.0.html . Its a new order for your troops. Esp. useful for the ranged ones. Havent tested it yet tho.

Sim.aleph said:

To me, this version is a beta release...

the horse armor thing is not a bug (not techniclally) since it was intended that way by the original mod author, but mannikje might want to settle for either system.

and all mods are beta releases more or less. Especially mod compilations like this.

EDIT: oh and 3 bugs hardly counts as "numerous" :razz:

Sim.aleph said:
No offense guys but before debating about the next version, one must first deal with the numerous bugs of the present one :
No offense dude, but most of this has been adressed. I've located you're first bug though.

Sim.aleph said:
Was fixed here, have just send a pm to him, asking if he could post here or PM monnikje about what bug it could represent and how to fix it

Sim.aleph said:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1641: Invalid Party ID: 570 LINE NO 181
party_set_ai_states
Mno said:
Script error on opcode 1641:  Invalid party ID 584:  Line NO 181
At script party_set_ai_state
At script party_set_ai_state
Same problem, different party. This error originates from Diplomacy mod. Waihti fixed this, awaits new release.

Sim.aleph said:
wanderer949 said:
Mno said:
But a lot of those horses get 0 armor, even heavy variants.
This can't be correct, right?
thats how I like it, those are the horse stats i play with. the unarmoured horses do have no Armour do they not  :razz:
This originates from the more horses mod, but Monnikje has already changed this, as far as I've read.
So numerous this is not, and fixed it is almost. He has but ~1200 items to check ^^

Duh said:
Well it was mentioned that the bugs will be fixed in the next version.
So debating about the next version seems to me like a reasonable thing to do.  :lol:

EDIT: Mno this Caba guy is fancy :grin:
I like his skirmish mode http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137970.0.html . Its a new order for your troops. Esp. useful for the ranged ones. Havent tested it yet tho.
While Monnikje is fixing the bugs, adding and changing the contents, other people can suggest/leave stuff off interest :smile:

I've actually already PM-ed Monnikje about that skirmishing mode a while ago ^^
Caba`drin is awesome indeed, he makes very nice adds to the script :smile:  *I'm lurking his posts everyday :roll:*

Oddball_E8: Good to hear :smile:.
I'll write down my vision about the troop tree a little later, since there's quite another matter now that draws all my attention to it (making the Custom Commander and Diplomacy mix savegame compatible with version 1.0). When I solve that,m I'll send you a pm about it, so we can exchange ideas.
About the horses: that might be an idea, but I'll save it low on my todo list.

M.A.C.H.I.N.E: Thanks, I'm going to have a look at that. The same bug had been reported earlier this month in Blood and Steel v1.151, and has been solved. I've pm'ed xenoargh to ask him about his solution for this, so I can apply it to this pack as well.

Lordique: Maybe I've thought of a solution to add it and make it savegame compatible. But I haven't tested it, since there are more pressing issues at the moment, so it oculd be a false alarm. But still, if it works, I agree with Seether: I only want fleshed out companions added to the mod in that case, just like Floris is. It takes me an afternoon per companion to write the dialogues, so even if I decide to add more companions (and if it's possible without breaking the savegame), it will take some time.

Gulatr: Thank you for your testing and info! This is very usefull.
Actually, your options 3 and 4 are savegame compatible. I'm going to adress that. For 5 I might have an idea how I can make it savegame compatible, but no guarentees there.
Thanks, 7 is indeed an issue that will be solved.

Mno: Thanks for that link, Mno. Very usefull fix!
Hm... Quite some strange wars there. I'll be thinking about that one.

Sim.aleph: The next version will deal with the bugs from this one. Some bugs come from some of the mods I threw together, some come from the throwing together. Thank you for reporting it :smile:. Your third bug has already been solved for the next version by the way.
(while I typed this answer, Mno posted his: excellent reply, thank you!)

This mod pack is by the way the result of me threwing together a lot of mods, playing with it for the past few months and reporting it in my AAR. A lot of majpr bugs have been solved in that meantime, but too bad not everything hasn't been filtered out.

Duh: Caba is indeed wonderfull!

Oddball_E8: I agree :smile:. Especially with this many mods threwn together, bugs are bound to happen. And unfortunately I can't foretell everything.

Mno: Thanks! Hehe, he has now gotten two pm's about the same problem, since I pm'ed him too :smile:.

Alright, time for a little update.

Done for the next version:
- Added a new mod: Narf's Transitional Armor
- Added a new mod: Coloured Lances
- Added a new Mod: Polished Landscapes
- Fixed a typo in Floris' dialogue
- Fixed all horses, assigned them to factions, given the npc's (knights, kings, pretenders) also nice horses. Not only wanderer949's horses, but also others. In total there are 156 new horses to play with.

Working on at the moment:
Merging Custom Commander in the pack.
Yesterday I spend the entire afternoon merging it, wroking through all those numerous lines of code, only to end up with a lot of errors. Then I realised that Diplomacy and Custom Commander have already been merged as OSPW. I feel like I wasted an entire afternoon. I still need to get it savegame compatible though.

Todo:
- Add Caba's excellent scripts.
- Check 1000+ items, and deal with the issues they have.
- Design and implement a new troop tree.
- Check all scenes for PL flaws.
- Bugfixes
- Some things I or you come up with along the way.

Failed to do so far:
- Add those new presentation reports.

monnikje said:
Alright, time for a little update.

Done for the next version:
- Added a new mod: Narf's Transitional Armor
- Added a new mod: Coloured Lances
- Added a new Mod: Polished Landscapes
- Fixed a typo in Floris' dialogue
- Fixed all horses, assigned them to factions, given the npc's (knights, kings, pretenders) also nice horses. Not only wanderer949's horses, but also others. In total there are 156 new horses to play with.

Excellent work!

Lancers: Use the right weapon! Battle edition (script)
Also features Caba`drin. *

Monnikje, is there perhaps a chance we can get a beta test round? A few people who check if your current work creates errors, or really fixes the adressed problems.
This could be done on your terms per PM, if you feel this is a good idea.

*This is what made me found it
While there does not seem to be a clean way to get/set an agent's target enemy agent (and thus its distance to that target, etc) to force wielding the weapon of appropriate reach, the code approximates this by doing two things: 1) it gets the average distance of the 3 closest enemies to the agent (using a native script) and 2) checks the agent's combat state. "Close combat" is here defined as an average distance to three enemies of less than 5 meters and a combat state of hitting, following through, being hit or blocking. If both are met, the agents switch to a non-lance/non-polearm weapon; if not, they switch to/maintain their lance or spear. Hopefully this means that the switch would only occur AFTER the contact of an initial charge, and then will continue to be dynamic throughout the battle.

Thanks for pointing out another fine script :smile:.
That's a good idea! Once I got a working version, I'll make a beta version, and upload it to my filefront account. If people want in on it, they'll have to pm me.

Mercenary Veteran Cavalry is set as infantry class... ^^

Gonna start a game and check all unit classes.

Re; nevermind. You're gonna make a new troop tree anyway.

I'll continue of course the basic version. That one won't feature the Polished landscapes, and would thus be perfect for low class notebooks. Unfortunately some other new features won't be in it too, but well, you can't have everything, can you :mrgreen:. With all these new items, the basic version will be quite heavy for low class pc's already.

Mno said:
Mercenary Veteran Cavalry is set as infantry class... ^^

Gonna start a game and check all unit classes.

Re; nevermind. You're gonna make a new troop tree anyway.

hmm... that must have been from my old mod... and im sure i went through and checked all those twice (thrice even) when i first noticed it.

maby its some sort of bug with the troop editor not saving it properly...

ill make sure to check extra when i make my submod and if i find anything ill let Monnikje know

I justrealised that that troops file is  save game compatible now :shock:

It was not possible a few patches ago and I didn't know about it being changed in the recent versions.
So now I can do my editing and tweaking without having to start a new game each time for the changes to take effect!

Oke, I stated a new 'problem'...

I just sold myself as a mercenary, and got a mission from the king himself! Well, now for the dirty part.
He wants me to take prisoners. And he wants 6 the same dudes, which means I need to find at least 4 parties. Why 4?

Well, with this big troop tree, all the units are spread out more even amongst the different options.
So in vanilla its >10 types per faction, now it's around double!
It's no biggy, but it's a very annoying factor, trooptree makers keep an eye on this :wink:

Mno said:
Oke, I stated a new 'problem'...

I just sold myself as a mercenary, and got a mission from the king himself! Well, now for the dirty part.
He wants me to take prisoners. And he wants 6 the same dudes, which means I need to find at least 4 parties. Why 4?

Well, with this big troop tree, all the units are spread out more even amongst the different options.
So in vanilla its >10 types per faction, now it's around double!
It's no biggy, but it's a very annoying factor, trooptree makers keep an eye on this :wink:

hehehe unfortunately theres nothing to do about that... more troop types = fewer opportunities to see the same troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom