SP Native Fix for Rhodoks. (New Version for Warband) Updated: 4/21/2010

Users who are viewing this thread

I know that the game is poorly balanced, but it's so much the way people created it, and i'm staying to it.

i was thinking more along the lines a a secondary weapon. i noticed that the crossbowmen do better in melee combat then the spearmen  :???: so maybe give spearmen swords and maces as a secondary weapon like the crossbowmen

maniac said:
i was thinking more along the lines a a secondary weapon. i noticed that the crossbowmen do better in melee combat then the spearmen  :???: so maybe give spearmen swords and maces as a secondary weapon like the crossbowmen
That's certainly a novel idea.  Fix spearmen...  by making them swordsmen!  :lol:

@Fei Dao - I don't understand the point of this mod.  Rhodoks have only one specialty, dying.  And this mod makes them worse at it...???  Instead, you should give them special abilities that make them die more effectively, like "Get tangled on the Warhorse's hooves" or "Sticky brains that cleverly trap a Nord's axe when he bisects their skull".

Pikemen carried swords for close combat so why shouldn't the rhodoks. How about a swordsman upgrade pathway so that the pikemen are supported or something. its really irritating have trained a heap of rhodok vets up just to have them killed within 10 seconds by 2nd and 3rd tier troops from other factions  :mad:

In my opinion, there are two reasons of Rhodoks sucking:
1) They use spear WITH shield, what means only one attack direction - piercing blows. While fighting pack of rhodok soldiers, you can keep blocking "center" (without shield) - and you won't suffer any damage, because center is the only possible  attack dir for rhodoks. Now try this trick with nords. It won't work, because swords and axes have four attack directions: swinging from sides and above, and piercing (swords only). That means you will have problems while fighting group of nords - you will be used to press the block button very often, because attack dir. may change from blow to blow.
2) They don't have cavalry, and their "spear & crossbow" formation doesn't work against heavy cavalry - the single line of spearmen just can't hold enemy's knights and horsemen. That formation might be cool with two or three lines of spearmen, but not with one.

P.S
Anyway, rhodok crossbowmen are cool  :razz:

roflpwn
POzLFJrIPhnQsc1.JPG

Maybe we should Rhodoks poleaxes AND one-handed bluntweapons with shield. So if you play Rhodoks and your troops are running, then give command "Use blunt weapons". When your troops are fighting then give command "Use weapons at will". What a fantastic idea. I am going to try this.

@ Feio Dao

thx to you for the fix up!! 

it works! :grin: makes the rhodoks a lil bit more challenging

Your fix is great, but I've been thinking of completely reforming Rhodoks.

I'm currently trying out my latest idea:

1) crossbowmen replaced by archers
2) a new line of swordsmen, relatively lightly armoured in order to avoid making them Nords without axes :smile: The heavier armoured pikemen should remain the backbone of a Rhodok army
3) no more spears, long live pikes :smile:

I imagine Rhodoks as a nation of farmers and merchants, who mind their own business - some sort of very early Rome or Switzerland, so they military style should be rather defensive. Board shields, pikes and bows to keep the enemy at bay, with some support of light swordsmen. Or javelinemen, I might consider replacing the swordsmen by them, but unfortunately the current AI treats javelinmen as archers..

Anyway, here is the tree:

---> Hunter ---> Archer ---> Veteran Archer ---> Longbowman
          /
Citizen /
          \                    --->Pikeman --> Veteran Pikeman ---> Sergeant (the pike line)
          \                /-
            ---> Auxiliary
                            \
                              ---> Swordsman ---> Veteran Swordsman ---> Captain (the sword line)

All infantry is equipped with board shields and an arming sword/a pike. Auxiliaries and the pike line have sometimes javelins.Archers have just a bow, two quivers of arrows and a short sword. Auxiliaries and the pike line have sometimes javelins.

Here are some pictures, if anybody is interested :smile:

Pikemen giving a mounted mountain bandit hard time
Longbowmen relaxing on a good bandit hunt
Hunters doing their job
Captains trying to look like some kind of a medieval Roman legion
Auxiliaries hoping that their mighty leader will save them from what is coming
Sergeants finishing off the bandit scum

As You can see, I've only tried this new Rhodoks on mountain bandits, because of some weird voice in my head telling me that they pay me for being a lawyer and not a M&B player. :smile: 

I am definitely aware of it. The problem with me, is that I don't like the Native Rhodok flavour :wink:

Edit:

P.S. sorry for posting something irrelevant in Your thread :smile:

kurczak said:
Your fix is great, but I've been thinking of completely reforming Rhodoks.

I'm currently trying out my latest idea:

1) crossbowmen replaced by archers
2) a new line of swordsmen, relatively lightly armoured in order to avoid making them Nords without axes :smile: The heavier armoured pikemen should remain the backbone of a Rhodok army
3) no more spears, long live pikes :smile:

I imagine Rhodoks as a nation of farmers and merchants, who mind their own business - some sort of very early Rome or Switzerland, so they military style should be rather defensive. Board shields, pikes and bows to keep the enemy at bay, with some support of light swordsmen. Or javelinemen, I might consider replacing the swordsmen by them, but unfortunately the current AI treats javelinmen as archers..

Anyway, here is the tree:

---> Hunter ---> Archer ---> Veteran Archer ---> Longbowman
          /
Citizen /
          \                    --->Pikeman --> Veteran Pikeman ---> Sergeant (the pike line)
          \                /-
            ---> Auxiliary
                            \
                              ---> Swordsman ---> Veteran Swordsman ---> Captain (the sword line)

All infantry is equipped with board shields and an arming sword/a pike. Auxiliaries and the pike line have sometimes javelins.Archers have just a bow, two quivers of arrows and a short sword. Auxiliaries and the pike line have sometimes javelins.

Here are some pictures, if anybody is interested :smile:

Pikemen giving a mounted mountain bandit hard time
Longbowmen relaxing on a good bandit hunt
Hunters doing their job
Captains trying to look like some kind of a medieval Roman legion
Auxiliaries hoping that their mighty leader will save them from what is coming
Sergeants finishing off the bandit scum

As You can see, I've only tried this new Rhodoks on mountain bandits, because of some weird voice in my head telling me that they pay me for being a lawyer and not a M&B player. :smile: 
Italians aren't english.

What? Since when? :smile:

1) Longbow doesn't necessarily mean English longbow.
2) Italians didn't have monopoly on pikes.
2) Even if it did and they did, why not? Rhodoks are not real, even less not Italians, so why should I bother with sticking to historical accuracy? I just mentioned very early Rome and Switzerland as an abstract insipration of lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom