[S] Diplomacy (old discussion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaksan said:
Just a small thing but a versionumber over 1.0 indicates taht the thing has gone retail, a beta is always under 1.0.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning#Pre-release_versions

Alpha- and beta-version software is often given numerical versions less than 1 (such as 0.9), to suggest their approach toward a public "1.0" release. However, if the pre-release version is for an existing software package (e.g. version 2.5), then an "a" or "alpha" may be appended to the version number. So the alpha version of the 2.5 release might be identified as 2.5a or 2.5.a.

I have a suggestion, maybe you'll implement it if you like it. Give an option to threaten another kingdom with war, unless they pay tribute every week. Your kingdom would be a suzerain state (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzerain) . The tribute should be proportional to the fiefs they have (maybe 20% of their income).  If they accept this, your kingdom and theirs will enter truce for 40-60 days and they will pay tribute as long as this truce remains. The probability to accept should be influenced by them having few fiefs left, the size of your kingdom, having less lords compared to yours, already being in another war. Also this option should be present if you are already at war with them and they're losing badly. 

Might be somewhat unrelated but what about forcing lords who are following you when you are king or marshal to not run from large war parties. I don't know how many times I've had to fight 200 stack troops on my own while three lords run away and leave me on my own.

Also the dowry system should be reversed in my opinion. The daughters father should pay you to take his daughter instead.

Crisco said:
Also the dowry system should be reversed in my opinion. The daughters father should pay you to take his daughter instead.

Just had to laugh, that's funny. I may just make that into a sig, but anyway...

@Waihti: Alright, thanks for the answer. I'll just try combining certain things in a separate folder and see how bad it breaks lol. At the moment I just want to combine Pike & Blade with this, which pretty much just changes troops, so in theory I think it'll be fine seeing as this mod doesn't affect troops. (I think...right?) Thanks again

P.S. Anyone around who has tried the above? Did it work OK? Have you tried it with any other mods with success? Thanks, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know lol.

I had a idea for a epic mod that everyone would want to play. First i like your mod because it has a interesting and growing dimplomatic section, and it keeps it basic,  there is another mod called custom commander, it assembles 16 heroes at 1 tavern, and allows you to be any of your companions to use to fight with. i think if you added that to your mod along with the art of war, this mod basically takes out heavy armour, therefore making the game more basic, although its not really going to make or break this mod im thinking of but it would be cool to have all those features into 1 mod so to sum it up
players can have diplomatic relations with other kings and lords, so late game play is fun
players can command there companions, so early gameplay is more fun
players can gather their party at the tavern, so yor can start your journey faster
(art of war)factions no longer have knights  or top tier troops, so there is less armour for soldiers.

i might make this mod myself but it would take a long time and id have to learn from scratch so if you think you can implement this then i think your  mod would be the best on warband :twisted:

Madnes5 said:
i think if you added that to your mod along with the art of war, this mod basically takes out heavy armour, therefore making the game more basic, although its not really going to make or break this mod im thinking of but it would be cool to have all those features into 1 mod so to sum it up

I am not planning to add any other mod into Diplomacy right now. The intention is that Diplomacy stays independent and small, so that it's easy to add it to other mods. Furthermore it will only concentrate on one thing which is - well you guessed it - Diplomacy.

Of course other modders have always the possiblity to add Diplomacy to their mods.

hey Wahiti, its a realy nice mods, i have a suggestion for u, why not u bring a conversation option on vassal char that persuade king to starting a war with other faction, he can choose the reason like "because we can easily taken back Saren for us OR Rhodoks are weak now its now time for us to expand our kingdom" and if the relation to liege and the persuasion skill have a enough amount the king will said "ok, i will do it as u suggest but i will hold your responsibility" if anything goes wrong, or if the objective wasnt fulfill as it plan, the vassal char will suffer tons of relation ship with liege (lets said... -20) and its remind us on some war event, that liege are being persuade or trap by their own vassal. For example Tsar with Rasputin, the War between Russian and french that day its not because the Tsar want it, but its because Rasputin insisting the Tsar must do what he said if he want Russian to expand. And because the lost, Tsar execute Rasputin to death.

I think, this add will enrich this mods. And my liege in this 4 day of gameplay never starting a war with any1, and its very frustating, and my new char is not strong enough to rebel now.

Thx.

haroon said:
hey Wahiti, its a realy nice mods, i have a suggestion for u, why not u bring a conversation option on vassal char that persuade king to starting a war with other faction, he can choose the reason like "because we can easily taken back Saren for us OR Rhodoks are weak now its now time for us to expand our kingdom" and if the relation to liege and the persuasion skill have a enough amount the king will said "ok, i will do it as u suggest but i will hold your responsibility" if anything goes wrong, or if the objective wasnt fulfill as it plan, the vassal char will suffer tons of relation ship with liege (lets said... -20) and its remind us on some war event, that liege are being persuade or trap by their own vassal. For example Tsar with Rasputin, the War between Russian and french that day its not because the Tsar want it, but its because Rasputin insisting the Tsar must do what he said if he want Russian to expand. And because the lost, Tsar execute Rasputin to death.

I think, this add will enrich this mods. And my liege in this 4 day of gameplay never starting a war with any1, and its very frustating, and my new char is not strong enough to rebel now.

Thx.

I was thinking about adding persuasion attempts, too. The attempts should be influenced by your reputation, persuation skill and any provocations against the country. So I guess you will see this in Diplomacy in the future. Cheers

Hello  :smile: . Nice job here. I know this can be installed on Native, but is it possible for a player to use it for a mod he likes? (I'm speaking about 1257 AD here) If this is possible, how to do it?
Thanks, even if the answer is negative  :grin:

:wink: ty friend

Waihti said:
haroon said:

Thx.

I was thinking about adding persuasion attempts, too. The attempts should be influenced by your reputation, persuation skill and any provocations against the country. So I guess you will see this in Diplomacy in the future. Cheers

Harbard said:
Hello  :smile: . Nice job here. I know this can be installed on Native, but is it possible for a player to use it for a mod he likes? (I'm speaking about 1257 AD here) If this is possible, how to do it?
Thanks, even if the answer is negative  :grin:

It's only possible if the mod provides the source code. In this case you can add the diplomacy code and it should work. However, the easiest way would be to convince the modders to integrate it for you.

i also had a thought what if you made it so you could betray claimants or offer them a bribe like say a castle under the kingdoms protection and/or some gold to give up the throne and lands to the player?

Installed your mod this afternoon and play with it for about 6 hours (:grin:) and I'm loving it, really nice; well balanced, smoothly integrated with the rest of the game.
I was wondering if anyone got this to work together with "more metal sound" module. I'm pretty bad at dealing with those lines in the txt files, if anyone can give a tip or some sort of indication on what to do to make them coexist I would appreciate it.

Nekrid00 said:
Installed your mod this afternoon and play with it for about 6 hours (:grin:) and I'm loving it, really nice; well balanced, smoothly integrated with the rest of the game.
I was wondering if anyone got this to work together with "more metal sound" module. I'm pretty bad at dealing with those lines in the txt files, if anyone can give a tip or some sort of indication on what to do to make them coexist I would appreciate it.

Download the sounds to the sound folder.
Then go to module.ini under the Diplomacy module folder.
Find the line that says scan_module_sounds = 0
Change the 0 to a 1
boom  :grin:

Nekrid00 said:

download more metal sounds put the sounds file in the module folder you want to use it with and then put the sounds . txt file from the warband folder of the more metal sounds download to the module folder aswell. then module . ini file edit and put sounds to 1 as he said

I know that this is probably beyond the scope of this mod, but is there any chance of rebellions being added? As in, instead of lords just running off to another kingdom with their fiefs, they actually split into a rebel faction if their relation falls low enough.

Ever play Europa Universalis?

Madnes5 said:
Nekrid00 said:

download more metal sounds put the sounds file in the module folder you want to use it with and then put the sounds . txt file from the warband folder of the more metal sounds download to the module folder aswell. then module . ini file edit and put sounds to 1 as he said

Yay, it's working. My sincere thanks to you and polydamas, I forgot to modify the Module.ini :S. I thought it had something do with the sound txt file, but apparently they are compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom