[S] A New Dawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just a heads up, I'm noticing textures fail to load in some battles on horses and armor. I've also had two errors that closed the game that both happened at the end of big battles, when I pressed tab to end it. I did not really experience these in the previous version.

[edit] Also now no messages are popping up in the bottom left hand corner of screen, they stopped very soon after I reloaded game. 

Mod is great, but it has several problems and very easy exploits. Unfortunately there is no forum around which we could create a community, share bugs and balance issues. Most of the things I could goa round my ways, just not looting things if I thought they were out of balance ( for example juggernauts always drop their amour which is the best tier and costs 4k to sell, you can find groups of random juggernauts like 10-15 sized groups, very easy to overwhelm and the profit is just crazy, I tend to discard these armours I get form them)

However Kalkor Clan has seriously overpowered archers and with that I can not deal anyhow and is beginning to be game breaking for me, now it is slowly taking almost whole map and there is no force against it's archers. It takes them 4-5 hits to take down a heavy pavise with 800+ hp and 20 res, and about 2 hits to take down a legionare, all that while they shoot 100% accurate long distance shots with speed of an arrow per 2-3 seconds. Rhodoks have one of the best anti-archer armies, but 20 of this archers just massacred 60 of my rodhok heavy infantry. Definitely Needs rebalancing.

a89a89 said:
What cultures have elephant mounts in them?

Sarranids and Asharians.

Mod is great, but it has several problems and very easy exploits. Unfortunately there is no forum around which we could create a community, share bugs and balance issues. Most of the things I could goa round my ways, just not looting things if I thought they were out of balance ( for example juggernauts always drop their amour which is the best tier and costs 4k to sell, you can find groups of random juggernauts like 10-15 sized groups, very easy to overwhelm and the profit is just crazy, I tend to discard these armours I get form them)

I could make the armor unlootable, but it wouldn't be fair to never get it either. I'll think about it. There's also an issue with the sniper bolts that can be used with any other crossbow (they're meant to be used only by snipers, to make sure they can kill anything in 1 hit). I'll find a workaround for both.

There might be a subforum in the future (should the main thread be active enough), I agree it would help a lot regarding bug report and balance issues. In the meantime I've set up a small forum on the moddb page.

However Kalkor Clan has seriously overpowered archers and with that I can not deal anyhow and is beginning to be game breaking for me, now it is slowly taking almost whole map and there is no force against it's archers. It takes them 4-5 hits to take down a heavy pavise with 800+ hp and 20 res, and about 2 hits to take down a legionare, all that while they shoot 100% accurate long distance shots with speed of an arrow per 2-3 seconds. Rhodoks have one of the best anti-archer armies, but 20 of this archers just massacred 60 of my rodhok heavy infantry. Definitely Needs rebalancing.

I like the idea of them being very powerful (a bit like the noldors in PoP or elves in general, just without mounts), so I could reduce the size of their armies (and maybe add weaker troops to compensate). How big do their armies tend to be in your games?

Yo, I just wanna say; I've been playing this game since beta Zendar days: this is pretty much the best Native compilation I've played for real... readme's pretty much a checklist of all the core features and tweaks I've wanted mixed in M&B... Don't know if you guys played the Bandit King module from the original beta, but this mod reminds me of that times X40.

Also, Anyone who's having texture problems and crashes, try this tweak:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

I have a really low end PC; but this brought me from crashing every 10 min, to playing for about 4 hours straight. Edit: I've been playing v.5.1 & 6.2 now without any texture crashes:

Edit for more details:
when I first installed, Crashed on loading screen: low graphic settings + textures on demand go me to the main menu; then I had white troop armor, white building textures, and really funk trees/landscapes, all random, and would progressively get worse till crash: the fix above worked great from me, so if you have a low-end pc or limited ram, I'd suggest this tweak if nothing else is working, just follow the directions carefully.

if you want some suggestions for the mod:
*More persistent troops/prisoners

- Routed enemies become Deserters

- Bring back Slaver caravans; like regular trade caravans, but make them trade the prisoner stacks of cities, so potential troops are always being re circulated out of town dungeons. has option to buy prisoners, sell troops at inflated prices, and trade goods(?). Well armed.

- Disbanded troops become mercenaries/ Glory seekers, manhunters, etc.

- Looted Villages have a % chance of spawning looters and other bandits

- entrenching a campsite makes it a static garrison camp, that you can swap troops out/in. like if you have a huge army but wanna train up specific troops or just hunt with a smaller group, take the time /resources to make a camp and separate the forces. Still gotta pay the upkeep obviously, and the camp can be attacked while you're away which risks loosing your main force. 

- I mentioned the banditking mod, he had a witness script that made faction relation penalties, ie the player raids a swadian village, a party of swadian villagers passes by and spots you; you get negative relations from looting + negative bonus from the faction witnesses.

- River Pirates for swadian/nord lands

------*Edit more suggestions-----

- troops/prisoners you don't select/rescue after battle branch off and become wanderers/escaped prisoners. ( Basically make it so units don't just disappear.)

I have a bug where after attacking the band of robbers during the tutorial quest, the "neutrals" hate me now. It makes it impossible to complete some of the other quests.

I could make the armor unlootable, but it wouldn't be fair to never get it either. I'll think about it. There's also an issue with the sniper bolts that can be used with any other crossbow (they're meant to be used only by snipers, to make sure they can kill anything in 1 hit). I'll find a workaround for both.

There might be a subforum in the future (should the main thread be active enough), I agree it would help a lot regarding bug report and balance issues. In the meantime I've set up a small forum on the moddb page.

I made a list of bugs and exploits, If u want me to post it on moddb forum I will do so.

I like the idea of them being very powerful (a bit like the noldors in PoP or elves in general, just without mounts), so I could reduce the size of their armies (and maybe add weaker troops to compensate). How big do their armies tend to be in your games?

well they tend to range from 80 to 120 with occasional 50-60. They ones I attacked was a group of 25 but unfortunately that was a hill area and I just got destroyed. I haven't stumbled upon a proper army tho, just lords, so I will have to see yet.

Adding weaker troops won't make a difference, they already have weak infantry, maybe proportions tho?? the armies I meet in battle so far used to have 50% archers or even more, make it 20-25 and it could counter their strength.

Man, just treat every Kalkor party like you're about to siege a 300+ castle :wink:

Radix, what does your map look like? Any factions/minor factions getting killed off? We had reports of like 2k-15k armies roaming around, you see anything like that?

KonFuseD[Q] said:
Man, just treat every Kalkor party like you're about to siege a 300+ castle :wink:

Radix, what does your map look like? Any factions/minor factions getting killed off? We had reports of like 2k-15k armies roaming around, you see anything like that?

Hehe I do so for now, when Rhodoks engaged Kalkor in war I thought going north to rob some caravans would be a good idea, but 3 encounters with kalkor archers and I just went nope and went back south to bully highlanders.

The biggest army I have seen so far was highlanders which was about 2k strong. Regarding factions, my map is one huge war zone with a lot of changes. Sarranids are almost evaporated by Kalkor clan all they have left is a castle, now Kalkor is working their way trough rhodoks and Khanate got 2 catsles form each nation. The Nords are the biggest, counquered a bit from Vageirs and almost whole swadia. Then there are Highlanders who have their territory part in swadia and one castle in Rhodocs. Sun Worshipers have one or two castles in swadia/Khanate territory. Rhodok, Vageir and Khanate remain almost unchanged except some castle loses to other nations. Another interesting event was that Swadia actually revived for  a while, took a city and then got beaten by Highlanders again.

Also Highlanders went trough very violent changes, first they have conquered half of  swadia but then got pushed out by nords and  by rhodoks. So they've been a major faction for a bit and now are degraded to minor.

after leaving the sultan's army I merc'ed for the nords to get crazed berserkers/thegns so I could stat my kingdom, right to rule is already maxed out cuz the lokin/koltor/ black-khegits landed and raped anything and everything in their paths only spawn that didn't work was the tribal chicks

Highlanders have a 2.3k party roaming around swadian lands raping thier villages and castles/towns to the point where they have no prosperity at all, so I'm like "Lets start a kingdom with maxed out right to rule decent leveled companions and well maintained army with a wife"! Then the Koltor clan and the highlanders go to war and I'm like "holy **** thiere is money to be made as a merc/lord for the koltor"! I was wrong

Every remaining faction be it the weak ass vaegirs with thier one castle, swadia with their half of the map asses, the sarr-i-dids with their war camels with only 2 towns and a couple castles, lokin/black khegit with their one town and castle each and them tribal chicks with their one castle game declare war on the koltor, all their villages get raided but none of their towns/castles get besieged, they expanded from halmar to dhrim to suno to praven and a couple castles in the middle belongs to them now they are capping even more castles for the defected vassals they are receiving

Now I'm like **** this save its time to move to a different one without the koltor, the last time I played this the koltor just held up in the steppes now they expaned to the point where a 5k campaign is always ready I'm too scared to make my own kingdom on this save now

+1 for an own board.

I don´t know what the problem is from Taleworlds side.

It got a bunch of features, its getting updated and worked on.
(if i would be able to really mod M&B i would take it and put in into the huge map of Swords of Damocless...  :evil:)

It deserves it more than some of the long-time abandoned mod-corpses that are rotting up there.

And btw

Radix said:
Unfortunately there is no forum around which we could create a community, share bugs and balance issues.

Exactly this is the problem.

This mod is really looking great, i don´t understand why it don´t get the chance it deserves.
One thread is way to confusing for a mod that is that complex.

Is there any chance we can get a list of the minor factions that pop up (and eventually start their own kingdom if successfully taking a castle or city) ?

Mainly asking due to my dream of hoping to create my own Imperial Roman culture-based kingdom in Warband....Some day.

Great mod, though, been enjoying it as a Rhodok vassal so far. :p

Why do my men retreat towards the enemy instead of the closest map edge when I order them to retreat, even when they're only five meters away from it? It's making it a pain in the ass trying to increase the levels of fodder-tier, non mass-recruitable units like townsmen/villagers when I try to get them to pull back and instead they decide to bumrush the better-armed, better-skilled looters like idiots.

I'm currently using WB version 1.153....would that be ok for use with this mod? 

I searched all over but it's not listed anywhere in this thread (least I didn't see it)

Lets give the "spam" some meaning then, if quantity is what they want.
Don´t got the time i wanted to, but i was strolling around a little (no map-lagging anymore  :twisted:)
Maybe we can lure some people into the Dawn with some more shiny pictures.

Early on... and a few buckets of blood later...

And with the new stuff in the beautiful snow.

No clue about version 1.153, maybe just give it a try.

I know that it runs with the latest version, for i got that on steam and playing it there currently...
because i got a DRM-Free version of Warband i can´t patch anymore, because i lost my Serial Key after 1.157  :evil:

The former version of this Mod was running fine on 1.157 at least

Do the new companions in this have likes and dislikes if so is there a mini guide someone can point me to, googling with no real luck, or are you meaning the floris companions in the misc section?

Also do old factions occasionally come back from the dead still? A feature i've always enjoyed as it livens up the game.

Wolfsblut said:
(no map-lagging anymore  :twisted:)

Ok, i have to take that  back.
It just hits a little later.

For the companion-search of Torrential, they are the same as in Floris, so here

http://de.floris.wikia.com/wiki/Gef%C3%A4hrten_in_Floris

you will find what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom