SP Other RPGmod Official thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could split the file in between 10 to 50 pieces which will give you a chance to upload it and give other people a chance to download it easily and without any problems, even if their computer crashes. (I've known a few people who were downloading large files and when they to to the half or something like their computer crashed and they had to start all over. By splitting the mod into multiple pieces this, even if it happens, will allow to continue your download without having lost anything. Same thing for you when you upload.)

Only negative aspect of this is that people will have to search for the next file everytime and you'll have to work a little bit more by splitting the file.

Yoshiboy said:
Crazynordicguy said:
I could only imagine how much of a modding success this will be if it is released, and telling by the progress rate (such as yoshiboy getting the 1st spell in), in my opinion the day this gets put up on the repository, is the day i download it

Hell, you think i'm going to let this mod die? No ****ing way, the amout of hours i've put into it so far, i'm going to finish it if my life relies on it. I've got this far so i know damn well i can put the effort in to finish it. 50% was a big borderline and it feels good to be over it. All of my plans so far i have implemented because of prior knowledge of the engine so i can't see many more things popping up in my way. (unless a new M&B version ruins the whole thing, muhahahahahha)

anyway, i don't think its going on the repository, zipped its quite a bit over 100MB, i might have to sweet talk janus a little if there is any way i'm getting it up there. At the moment i'm still not sure where the hell i'm going to host it, for alpha builds and the such.

Yoshi, im very happy to host any RPGmod builds. Ill even give your own FTP account for you to upload them to :smile: Whenever you like PM me or skype me (Titanx3)

Wow, that is a very kind offer Titanx3, i'll PM you and we can see if we can work something :smile:

no, 100mb is massive for a M&B mod, but not massive in terms of some other mods or programs. If you are having trouble downloading it you can just use a download manager, i doubt the server we host on will have many problems with things like that.

Yeah I don't think finishing the download itself will be a problem. I think Yoshi was more worried about the bandwidth it would require for 1000 people to download a 100 mb mod

I might be able to mirror it, as well.  I will talk to my dooder and see how much traffic would be ok.  I think there is are two t3s, so it should be ok.

It'ser liker "dude"er... onlyer wither "er"er oner theer ender ofer iter.

That's pig-dutch for you :smile:

Yoshiboy said:
bryce777 said:
Servitor said:
What's bale fire?

Anything hit by it is ripped out of 'the pattern' BEFORE it was hit.  The stronger the balefire, the further back it goes.  So, it is pretty chaotic stuff because the stuff that originally caused the balefire to happen could no longer even have happened!

Yeah, i'm sorry. I don't think thats possible in the M&B engine :wink:

Lol darn still.... :cry:
It would still be quite awsome
and i can still dream about balefireing marnid for shooting me right???  :grin:

THIS IS THE BEST MOD I HAVE EVER SEEN AND I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AROUND THE FORUM FOR AGES :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope you get it out soon than christmas so keep up the good work :smile:

SaDuKa said:
THIS IS THE BEST MOD I HAVE EVER SEEN AND I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AROUND THE FORUM FOR AGES :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope you get it out soon than christmas so keep up the good work :smile:
This guy is absolutely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom