Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

I only crash when alt-tabbing out of the game or switching between fullscreen and window when in battles so it's most likely tied to your computer or your Warband version.
Post your rgl_log.txt content after a crash and it can tell us more about it, it's in your main warband folder, the folder with the executable (mb_warband.exe).

I was raiding a village near Fagifulae when a large Samnite army started approaching, with 100 more men than that which I had. As you'd imagine, I fled. It asked me if I wished to continue looting the village, so I said no. This decline caused some strange bug:
Wqa15.jpg
Vh-xD.jpg
Added to that, the icons to a couple of places, namely, from what I could see, Fagifulae, Tusculana Castra and Tibur, disappeared.

Edit: Well, similar thing happened in Native, so I'm guessing it's a problem on my side.

Seek n Destroy said:
Must be, I've looted more villages than I'd like to admit and this never occurred. I had similar problems arise with my old pc when playing large scale mods like 1257 AD.

Yeah, I felt dumb when I realised the solution was V-sync  :shock: . The reason I reported it was because it had never occurred before it happened in RaW.

Hi guys  :grin:
just posting to ask what's going on and  to denounce the indecency of that drunken grandpa of Publius Arvina running naked on the battlefield, there is also another Roman lord actually not wearing an helmet but I can't remember who... must do some research.

About lagging in the roman placeholder, even if I inserted the fix sometimes it happens; it seems to me to be related to a hasta model since the grey rays were coming from an unmounted knight, maybe I'm wrong and drunk :fruity: 

Missing equipment for lords should be fixed for next version which will most likely be a full version instead of a patch since we're planning to add more stuff to it.

Rays/stretching is most likely due to a badly rigged armor which we need to track down and fix.

no doubt about how great the next version will be :grin:

en passant two suggestions:

- Carthaginian civil clothes
In Alain Bresson, Les accords romano-carthaginois, Rome 2004, the statement: "les Carthaginois passent pour avoir conservé de longues robes à l'orientale de facture caractéristique, du type de celle de l'éphèbe de Motyé, quand en tout cas ce type de vetement n'était plus en usage chez le Grecs de l'époque classique."
TpMoziaAuriga.jpg

02_unocad_giovanemozia2.jpg

Furthermore the original hellenistic comedy (190 BCE) later readapted in the Poenulus by Plautus clearly mentions the usage of earrings (v. 981)and  tunic without a belt (v. 1009), an undoubtable preservation of the old Ionic style clothing, abandoned by the Greeks in the Classical age.

-Ligurian shield = similar to the parma:
Polibius 29. 14,4 "The Romans offered a strong resistance by the aid of their targets and Ligurian shields".
Livy 44. 35, 19: missilibus procul regia auxilia melius pugnabant; comminus stabilior et tutior aut parma aut scuto Ligustico Romanus erat.

And I must quote Diod. 21.3, 1: in 298/7 BCE Agathokles killed almost  2000 ligurian and etrurian mercenaries because they claimed too much money to show them as active military forces both in Syracuse side and Carthaginian side.

It was occupied by other Italian and Celtic tribes which I couldn't decide whether to include as part of another faction or as separate ones.
Welp, eventually will come the time for a new map and rework completely the locations, back to reading the pile of books and pick the most relevant locations with proper or at least better scenes and some historical info about people and places. Since the world map is something you'll be starring at most of the time might as well make it interesting and good looking, currently it's quite bland and boring but singleplayer was never quite planned so it was just stuff thrown together until Rgcotl thought we might improve things. I just wanted some hordes of bots to slaughter when there's no one playing and now I want more  :shifty:

Seek n Destroy said:
It was occupied by other Italian and Celtic tribes which I couldn't decide whether to include as part of another faction or as separate ones.
Welp, eventually will come the time for a new map and rework completely the locations, back to reading the pile of books and pick the most relevant locations with proper or at least better scenes and some historical info about people and places. Since the world map is something you'll be starring at most of the time might as well make it interesting and good looking, currently it's quite bland and boring but singleplayer was never quite planned so it was just stuff thrown together until Rgcotl thought we might improve things. I just wanted some hordes of bots to slaughter when there's no one playing and now I want more  :shifty:

Fair enough, I thought alot of central Italy was occupied by the Samnites anyhow?

A good part of it was but you've got the Umbrians, Picenes and Senones north of them and the Messapians, Apulians, Bruttians and Lucanians to the south and a multitude of other smaller tribes and Greek colonies surrounding them.

Seek n Destroy said:
A good part of it was but you've got the Umbrians, Picenes and Senones north of them and the Messapians, Apulians, Bruttians and Lucanians to the south and a multitude of other smaller tribes and Greek colonies surrounding them.

Why not temporarily add the Senones as a part of Gallia? Would that make Gallia too strong?

Edit: Oh and speaking of blank space, why is there such a large one in the Koinon Hellenon, above Sparta but below where the Aetolian league should be?

Because what you said, the Aetolian League should be there and if anything Gallia ought to be divided rather than expanded because right now they have few enemies and very little trouble to expand.

The Aetolian League in Achaea? Not sure if I specified enough but I meant this region:
OrzLy.jpg
(the land left of Corinth). Is that meant to be filled by the Aetolian league?

I have not played this mod in a while and was thinking of getting back into doing the events but I was playing NW earlier on a Bot defense siege server and I started thinking how cool it would be to have one for this mod. I have no idea what kind of work that would entail for the modders but I just started imagining holding the line in a shield wall vs a hundred bots at the gates of our fort. While I admit fighting bots is not as fun as fighting people this would be a way to have large battles without needing hundreds of people on at one time.

If this has been suggested and shot down before or anything like that sry i did a quick search but didn't see anything so sorry if this is a repeat idea.

Back
Top Bottom