Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the fast reply. It seems it may be the latter, I've been searching for a while and have been unable to find him. Doesn't worry me too much, just annoys me because he gets all my income and then hides somewhere like a sneaky troll.

Germanic Celt said:
That's disappointing, I enjoyed found it amusing to watch Valos Lugurix run into battle shieldless and armourless, the ultimate Gaesatae.
Anyway, that's good. Sounds like a good patch, then. I might as well report this again, it's been bothering me for a while still:
KHG6X.jpg

gRsJC.jpg

It happens rarely when I'm in battle scenes, occurring only in certain areas. However, it occurs much more often in town scenes (most commonly Italic towns). I know you said you only got this glitch once, which is unfortunate. I downloaded it again after I discovered it, but it didn't help much. I have a feeling it occurs more commonly in weaker PCs. However, leaving the town and waiting for some time, then reloading the scene does usually work.

well yesterday SND have got an idea what might be the problem so here might be an possibile fix for town and village sccenes (for scenes in with woomans are included)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9r1XKIe1BU6Vy03MzFZU0VVNlU/view?usp=sharing
to install just replace jacobhinds_civilian_clothes.brf
with you can find in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\RaW 2.5\Resource
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\RaW 2.5\Resource
or whatewer you keeping raw mod

it is save game compatabile

For some reason I'm no longer able to "choose who will join me in the battle". On some occasions the option appears, but most of the time it isn't there.
Another thing is that I've noticed the Celts sometimes have trouble fighting the Etruscans. While I understand the Celts aren't 'proper' and balanced, the Etruscan lords seem to like to surround themselves with Noble Spearmen armoured in Bronze Lamellar, I've found very few regular infantrymen or serfs. Although this problem does seem to depend on the Lord, as some lords do have regular armies.

well yesterday i have played a bit to and i was enlisted in etruscans army with fought gauls and epirus army we were outnumbered 2x, but we were pretty easy to win with me killing in round less than 20 enemys i guess in some cases at least some etruscans lords might have very strong armys

They had mostly linothorax type of armors some days before the release and since Rg had finished the new bronze lamellar I didn't rebalance the army compositions to take in account that advantage, I'm planning on changing a bit army compositions of all the factions.

Ah, I see. I also saw your other posts about trying to fix some balance, which looks good. Any idea as to why I don't have the ability to choose who will join me in battle?

I think I found the problem: I set my battle size (the one that you choose before choosing your troops) to way above the limit which seems to have done something odd :oops:. It's only in certain larger battles that I don't suffer from that problem.

I like this mod so far and I considered it the best Roman mod out there. My favorite part of it is the Samnite.  :wink:

I have a suggestion.

Will you consider increasing the reinforcement wave number please ? Currently, the battle stop and you have to start charging again after 100 men, on either side die. (about 1 reinforcement wave only)

This turn 1000 VS 1000 battle in to a painful AI staring contest.  :???:  It's also given unreal advantages to archer (since troops need to start walking across the field again while getting shot at...) and it also make numerican advantage less significant than troops' skill.

It's also not good for freelancing players.

Also, I would like to ask some questions
1. what happenned to arena ?
2. Are you planning to fill in the whole Europe map ? :grin: Because right now, when I zoomed out, I can see the whole europe, although much of it is just an empty space right now.
Thank you for your hardwork in this wonderful mod, and i'm looking foward to seeing it grows!

MariusThePaladin said:
I like this mod so far and I considered it the best Roman mod out there. My favorite part of it is the Samnite.  :wink:

I have a suggestion.

Will you consider increasing the reinforcement wave number please ? Currently, the battle stop and you have to start charging again after 100 men, on either side die. (about 1 reinforcement wave only)

This turn 1000 VS 1000 battle in to a painful AI staring contest.  :???:  It's also given unreal advantages to archer (since troops need to start walking across the field again while getting shot at...) and it also make numerican advantage less significant than troops' skill.

2. Are you planning to fill in the whole Europe map ? :grin: Because right now, when I zoomed out, I can see the whole europe, although much of it is just an empty space right now.
Thank you for your hardwork in this wonderful mod, and i'm looking foward to seeing it grows!
What are your hardware specs that allow you to do 1000 man or more battles?

Dan11311 said:
MariusThePaladin said:

I have a suggestion.

What are your hardware specs that allow you to do 1000 man or more battles?

By 1000, I didn't mean putting all 1000 men in a battlefield at once at the same time, I mean on the overworld map. You don't need powerful computer for having 1000 men on the overworld map.

My point is, eventhough you have 1000 men on your side, after just 100 men appear on the battlefield and die, I wish the rest would just keep spawning untill they run out of men instead of requiring me to press tab and get out of the battle scene just to start the whole thing again with another wave of friends/foe.

You will have to quit the battle and start it again 10 times if it's 1000 vs 1000 men battle.

1- Arenas were removed on purpose until they can be designed properly and fitting to the period.
2- Maybe, maybe not, I won't go Molyneux on this.

The reinforcement thing is doable I reckon, if I don't forget about it.
I didn't go over any of the family trees and most of the characters are placeholders, I keep this stuff for the end as it's mostly finishing touches and it demands a lot of research and for certain factions it'll have to be improvised unfortunately.

rgcotl said:
Germanic Celt said:
That's disappointing, I enjoyed found it amusing to watch Valos Lugurix run into battle shieldless and armourless, the ultimate Gaesatae.
Anyway, that's good. Sounds like a good patch, then. I might as well report this again, it's been bothering me for a while still:
KHG6X.jpg

gRsJC.jpg

It happens rarely when I'm in battle scenes, occurring only in certain areas. However, it occurs much more often in town scenes (most commonly Italic towns). I know you said you only got this glitch once, which is unfortunate. I downloaded it again after I discovered it, but it didn't help much. I have a feeling it occurs more commonly in weaker PCs. However, leaving the town and waiting for some time, then reloading the scene does usually work.

well yesterday SND have got an idea what might be the problem so here might be an possibile fix for town and village sccenes (for scenes in with woomans are included)
to install just replace jacobhinds_civilian_clothes.brf
with you can find in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\RaW 2.5\Resource
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\RaW 2.5\Resource
or whatewer you keeping raw mod

it is save game compatabile
released an update
the link is same as before tested around 1 hour walking around the vilages

Back
Top Bottom