Roma Britannia (Brytenwalda Submod) BETA 1.2 patch 3.14.2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Vympel said:
Koppari said:
Vympel said:
Koppari said:
It keeps saying "Unable to open file: Modules\Brytenwalda\Resource\roman_armor2.brf"... :S

edit: Now that I tried to find out the problem, it seems that I don't even have that file. Wtf?

You have both main mod and patch installed?
I got this:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20074818/Roma+Senium+(Brytenwalda+Submod)+BETA.rar

and this:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20157689/Roma_Senium_Beta_1_2unitsitemsPL3_rar
Wrong you need this 2 links at the top of the page forget the button, I dont know why its there.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20127867/Roma_Senium_Beta_1_2_update_rar
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20157689/Roma_Senium_Beta_1_2unitsitemsPL3_rar

This resolves my problem as well now I can play!  :grin:

I have downloaded and redownloaded the game, but whenever I open the game it goes to the title screen, but there are no options to click on (start game etc etc) and there is a bunch of red text. Help?

I hope the mod the brightest future with the new direction, congrats.
all so you need a new relationship manager or you will spend more time anwering question than working on the mod itself:razz:

Lavandina said:
all so you need a new relationship manager or you will spend more time anwering question than working on the mod itself:razz:

Why is the bot talking?

I'll post version 1.7 tomorrow but in a new thread since I cant edit this one. Lots of new tweaks some new Roman and Briton troops.

Well, whatever amazing stuff you added in with the 1.6 patch that was what was causing my problems, the pre-patch version runs perfectly fine.  I guess all the added textures or something is too much for my rig because I did everything I could and it wouldn't run.

In other news... I still love the mod and hope that when I get a better computer I can run the more up-to-date versions, but there was one glaring issue I saw in both the pre-patch and post-patch (when it was working) version:  at times there are bands of deserters running around the map and while small in number they are virtually invincible.  At least half a dozen times my small start up army of around 20 or so Auxillia Cohort II men will be absolutely butchered to the man by an force of about 15 Vexillarii, Signifers, and Aquilifers, some times with a few young warriors thrown in as well.  Now, I'm not complaining that those units are bad ass and can wipe out my force of Auxillia, my problem is that that unit composition exists at all. Even in a latter part of the game it seems absurd to have a band of 15-20 standard bearers just go rouge, and in the early stages (day 9 or so) when I'm level 7 or 8 its just not fun.

sccojake said:
Well, whatever amazing stuff you added in with the 1.6 patch that was what was causing my problems, the pre-patch version runs perfectly fine.  I guess all the added textures or something is too much for my rig because I did everything I could and it wouldn't run.

In other news... I still love the mod and hope that when I get a better computer I can run the more up-to-date versions, but there was one glaring issue I saw in both the pre-patch and post-patch (when it was working) version:  at times there are bands of deserters running around the map and while small in number they are virtually invincible.  At least half a dozen times my small start up army of around 20 or so Auxillia Cohort II men will be absolutely butchered to the man by an force of about 15 Vexillarii, Signifers, and Aquilifers, some times with a few young warriors thrown in as well.  Now, I'm not complaining that those units are bad ass and can wipe out my force of Auxillia, my problem is that that unit composition exists at all. Even in a latter part of the game it seems absurd to have a band of 15-20 standard bearers just go rouge, and in the early stages (day 9 or so) when I'm level 7 or 8 its just not fun.

I'll make Polished environments optional in next version.Deserter thing can be fixed also.

OK, sounds good.  Even with a steep difficulty curve (for me anyway) I really do love this mod and I can't say that enough; the Roman theme appeals to me so much more then the medieval one.  Keep up the great work!

Vympel said:
Lavandina said:

Why is the bot talking?

IM HUMAN!!! beopooppooooooooooooo piriririririr  :mrgreen:
WHA?? who was that? not me Im human!

Hey Guys, I was mucking around tonight and made a little sig for the mod, feel free to use it! Hope you like, I'm going to make some others as well, stay tuned =)

-Gothy

roma-britannia-sig.jpg

Roman sword, gladius was short enough to be carried on RIGHT side. In mod its in LEFT side.
As they got huge shield, and in formation its hard to move your shield, sword must be at right. (+roman battle style is: stab, block, stab, blokc, they can stab faster than enemy can etc. etc.)

Back
Top Bottom