Robocraft

Users who are viewing this thread

Damn. I'll go for it anyway, it looks interesting.

Perhaps I manage to overcome my ineptitude and come up with something that works after trying out some more or less successful designs.

E: Plasma stories:

We were winning pretty huge, it was what, 8 of us against two of the enemies. One of the enemies rushed to their flag and killed 7 of our guys with his plasma when the second one rekt me.  :mad:

http://robocraftgame.com/wp-content/uploads/RR-Robo.png

Helpful list of the different tiers. Should be added to the OP probably. I'm also thinking of making some basic robot building videos to help anyone having trouble (only the fliers are really hard to build).

About to start uploading some videos I took from yesterday. Going to probably rebuild my whole tank design though since the middle is mostly hollow and plasma basically just wrecks it. My flier is kind of **** too against other fliers since we mostly end up just hurting each other and nobody wins.

Featuring audio from Orion :

My updated flier design, more stable than before and more agile :

g5sIU.jpg
EMXAh.jpg
qG-ST.jpg
2MpRd.jpg

2014-04-24_00006.jpg

2014-04-24_00015.jpg

2014-04-24_00016.jpg

2014-04-24_00018.jpg

2014-04-24_00022.jpg

2014-04-24_00027.jpg

8====D

Run the launcher as administrator? I doubt that will fix it, but I don't have any idea past that.

Got a friend to try the game a couple days ago, so I made a T1 to play with him. Decided to make an interceptor, but I still can't get a handle on pitch/roll builds. I remembered Swadius' T2 interceptor he made a while back, so I decided to try something in that vein again.

mm9lf9C.png
ZX9wR5o.png
gS08VQz.png
f7OxvUR.png

Part inventory:
2x L4 Thrusters
2x L2 Thrusters
6x L1 Thrusters
6x L1 Top Cannons
6x Helium blocks
1x Pilot seat
As many green armor blocks as can fit. I think I have 23 mixed prisms and cubes.

sd9zFHe.png

I would say it's a successful design. Just don't get shot.

Arvenski said:
I'm trying to install this, but the launcher keeps giving me a "File cannot be downloaded" error. Any suggestions?

They updated their launcher so you will have to use the new one now I believe.

Splintert said:
Does anyone here build land vehicles?

I have built a few. Got bored then made a flier which has cost me over 100k now.

Splintert said:
Does anyone here build land vehicles?

Land vehicles are probably the simplest things to build. They make for less interesting picture compilations, I think. "Look, this is my gun staircase. Here it is in green, and here it is a day later in orange. Next up: blue."

I'll only post pictures of ground builds once I start making them again, but chances are I won't keep any long enough to consider taking pictures because I'll try to make them stylish and end up making them impractical & frustrating.

Does anyone else find staggering plasma in a line from front to end works better than a horizontal line? I think it might have to do with plasma damage overlapping. If plasma all converge at one point simultaneously, then the damage would more or less be just of one plasma hit. But if they were a tiny bit staggered each hitting just before the other, than penetration would be much better.

Probably just because more damage. Victory bonus does scale though, I get 1k per victory (with premium) at  tier 7 :

4uZGs.jpg

SkyTime said:
Holy ****, time to sell all my **** and stack on hueg lasers and armor and make it all back tenfold.

It will take a while to get enough points :

RR-Robo.png

I just had a round where the other team had no fliers so I just went ahead and capped their base to see how many points you get :

_mSub.jpg

Just bought two more l5s thrusters and now it is too strong :sad:

Easiest way to make money is just to play the game. I waste a bunch of time trying to improve my design only for it to become worse or unstable in the case of my flier.

My tier 7 probably costs close to 150k or more. Since I can't seem to get it stable enough with 4 t5s thrusters I am probably just going to start the long process of upgrading all of its armor :sad:

Kevlar said:

I might start putting parts on the ground in my garage just to tier up. :???:

I can't compete with 5 L5S plasma cannons on a bot made of solid blue armor. It takes too long to blow off the armor, and it takes multiple hits with my L4 plasma cannons to destroy those L5S cannons. :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom