Roads

Users who are viewing this thread

Julio-Claudian

Sergeant Knight
How cool does this look:

Why is there not roads on the native map, I'd love if they added them.
there's dirty road, like pasture tracks..... which is silly... i'd love to see stoned or paved roads as well, but right now it's so like the background that you barely see it...They could expand more like the guy who made this thread show on the mod

"What else is in this update? Well, roads, lots of roads. These roads are purely visual at the moment but we hope to make them give a boost in speed in the future. Also we have demi villages added in, these again are purely visual just to bring the world to life a little more."

I must say it looks good, TW could do it as well, it's a question of how busy they are with their roadmap, or if they have the time maybe they don't want to commit to put roads on the map (to the degree of the mod) because it would "demand" from a logic standpoint and pressure from players for it to become functional, which is not feasible given the freedom design the game has. I guess this would be the main argument to not implement roads but to that I have an answer:
I think having the AI moving on roads and "fixed paths" could be interesting.
  • We could have roads matching trade routes, caravans, peasants and all non-fighting parties which paths are, in general, repetitive.
  • Moving on roads would be faster and safer (you could have a bonus to scouting and bonus to defense in autoresolves/AI battles to the defenders mentioned above)
  • If a (non-fighting) AI party moving on a road spots an enemy then, they could turn around and flee or even go off road (you could have a speed calculation that would define the best option, to whatever terrain that causes the biggest difference in speed beetwen the defender and the agressor.
  • You could have upgrades to the roads. (Dirt road; Gravel road; Stone-paved road- giving bonuses to speed...)
    • Starting the game with only dirt roads and maybe a few stone-paved ones connecting major cities.
    • The upgrades could be a decision proposed to the clan/kingdom. Costing money and influence. There could be a clan/kingdom fund where Lords would give money (the more you give, more influence you gain)
  • For fighting parties (armies, bandits, looters...) and "non-fixed path" parties wouldn't be affected by any of this changes. It would not work, afaik, or maybe it can be donne, I don't know how the pathfinding works.

How cool does this look:

The guy added new impassable areas when the single worst aspect of the map is how half of it is made of impassable terrain.
WTF ?

The roads are a nice touch, but the problem of the map is how cluttered and constricted it is, and this one seems even worse, so...

The guy added new impassable areas when the single worst aspect of the map is how half of it is made of impassable terrain.
WTF ?

The roads are a nice touch, but the problem of the map is how cluttered and constricted it is, and this one seems even worse, so...
I don't get how that could be the single worst aspect of the map. Unless you want to be running over the top of mountains with your army.

I don't get how that could be the single worst aspect of the map. Unless you want to be running over the top of mountains with your army.
Compare warband's map to bannerlord's or to even one of the previous versions of BL map, while warband was a bit too much on the open side bannerlord is the exactly opposite of that with unrealistic geography (by design according to the devs) to create bottlenecks everywhere almost like MOBA lanes which just gets silly.

The damage is already there so the modder of Calradia expanded using the same logic to improve the map is no big deal to me, the rest of his work is amazing enough, atleast fief placement makes a bit more sense now lol

Look here the real passable map of bannerlord

That's the point : far too much of the map is made of mountains (and rocks, and rivers, and whatever block the path). It's not an overland map, it's practically a dungeon with rooms and corridors.
Compare warband's map to bannerlord's or to even one of the previous versions of BL map, while warband was a bit too much on the open side bannerlord is the exactly opposite of that with unrealistic geography (by design according to the devs) to create bottlenecks everywhere almost like MOBA lanes which gets just silly.

The damage is already there so the modder of Calradia expanded using the same logic to improve the map is no big deal to me, the rest of his work is amazing enough, atleast fief placement makes a bit more sense now lol

Look here the real passable map of bannerlord
Yeah, that, exactly.

Seriously, the map is for me the single worst aspect of Bannerlord. Half the time when I feel like launching a game, I think of the constricted maze that is the map, how it sucks all freedom from the game, and I just don't want to play anymore.

Hello there,

Thanks Julio-Claudian for wanting to share my mod about, its appreciated.

People are welcome to watch the trailer for the latest update here It shows off a bit of it in action and explains two fixes if people are continuing a campaign using the mod.

@Drezavelt

What if I want place only your new settlements and roads on the native? I read you realocate some resources on the map and the villages productions as well
Well, you either mod my mod to put all the resources back the way they were, including their visual elements, or you provide me feedback to what resource you would want where and why and I could change it.

I am currently working on a resource map but its a very time consuming process.

Well, you either mod my mod to put all the resources back the way they were, including their visual elements, or you provide me feedback to what resource you would want where and why and I could change it.

Hey just curious about your experience with these changes you've made. Has your changes to Sturgia helped their survival at all or are they still one of the first kingdoms to lose?

I've sworn off mods to help test vanilla, but your mod is one I follow and hope is still around at release if they haven't implemented a version of your changes into vanilla. Thank you for your hard work, I hope TW is inspired by it!

aahh...nice, i have no clue how mod.

Just wondering, to me on vanilla made sense on a lot of resources where they were... Did you implemented the Stable workshop on your mod?

Your is one got my interest especially because of roads and the new settlements.

What else you intend on expand?

Looks absolutely amazing! I would love to see that kind of detail with a mod that breaks up the cultures into multiple factions like what we had in VC.

Back
Top Bottom