Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Users who are viewing this thread

Biggus Dickus

Sergeant at Arms
Today, while appearing onstage at the inaugural E3 2015 presentation of The PC Gaming Show, Tripwire Interactive and Anti-Matter Games revealed that Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, the sequel to 2013's critically acclaimed Rising Storm, was officially in development for the PC. To accompany the announcement Tripwire released a teaser trailer for the game that shows the popular FPS series moving to the Vietnam War, where American and Vietnamese forces square off in a whole new generation of warfare.

Tripwire's military shooter series featuring Red Orchestra and Rising Storm has been widely heralded as one of the most authentic and realistic multiplayer FPS experiences since the award winning original game, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, debuted in 2006. 2011's Red Orchestra 2 came next and won PC Gamer's award for "FPS of the Year (Multiplayer). Rising Storm then moved the action to the Pacific conflict and won PC Gamer's 2013 Multiplayer Game of the Year. Rising Storm 2: Vietnam looks to once again raise the bar and move the series into a new era of combat.

"We're bringing our gritty and realistic military shooter gameplay forward to a time when assault rifles ruled the ground, choppers ruled the skies, and every tunnel could hide an ambush," said Tripwire Interactive President, John Gibson, "The iconic setting of Vietnam opens up so many opportunities for exciting asymmetrical gameplay."

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is being developed by Anti-Matter Games and Tripwire Interactive and published by Tripwire Interactive for the PC. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

For more information on Rising Storm 2:Vietnam as it becomes available, please visit http://risingstorm2.com

Ramm-Jaeger said:
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is a standalone new title, it won't require RO2 or RS to play. We're not ready to release additional details at this time, but stay tuned and more info will be coming.

FAQ from Tripwire Interactive forums, will update once more info is given

When is the release date?
We are expecting to release in 2016 - No further information is available at this time.

What is the price?
Not decided yet - Stay tuned for future announcements

Is this an expansion or stand alone title?
Stand alone title

What are the announced core features of gameplay?
  • Enhanced Squad mechanics
  • Promote Firefights
  • One mode of play with options for visual aides

Factions?

United States Army
United States Marines

North Vietnamese Army
Vietcong

Is the game moddable?
Yes - And we are working to make it easier to mod than past titles in the franchise

Beta/Early Access/Something else?
To Be Determined - Stay tuned for future announcements

Captured Joe said:
but why isn't this named "Red Orchestra 3" instead?

Probably because the name 'Red Orchestra' sort of requires Soviets versus Germans in the WW2 eastern front. Also, this is only an expansion, not a completely new game (as far as I know)

I hope there's some kind of randomized tunnel and foxhole system in it.
Player controlled or not. So that there's some actual feel of tension in not knowing where Charlie's going to appear from next.

Splintert said:
Next up: Rising Storm 3: Modern Warfare
Only person in this thread who knows what it's all about. This series is going the same way as Battlefield. Shame too, had some good times in RO and Mare Nostrum.

Vietnam? Really!? That sucks, I hoped they would have sticked with other theatres of WWII.
I guess it will still be a nice game and all, but it's a bit of a letdown to me nevertheless.

Radalan said:
I hope there's some kind of randomized tunnel and foxhole system in it.
Player controlled or not. So that there's some actual feel of tension in not knowing where Charlie's going to appear from next.

Rising Storm should have had to have something like that - when they presented Betio, the Japs were supposed to have spiderholes behind enemy lines to spawn in - but for some reason, it never happened.

While I would love to see other parts of WW2 as well, Vietnam is still greatly under explored and I hope they pull this off. Especially since the In Country: Vietnam mod team went solo and switched to a different engine.

I just hope this is a standalone expansion - like Rising Storm was - not the new big game of saga. If it's just an expansion, I'm ok with it.
For a whole new game, I hope to see a Red Orchestra 3: heroes of Kursk, or something.  :grin:

Vietnam is awesome, much better than WW2 rehashed, Bad Company Vietnam I enjoyed for what it was but it's nothing like RO.

Austupaio said:
Splintert said:
Next up: Rising Storm 3: Modern Warfare
Only person in this thread who knows what it's all about. This series is going the same way as Battlefield. Shame too, had some good times in RO and Mare Nostrum.
Pesky other theatres

Actually come to think of it, they could expand the RS Vietnam with similar cold war-wars like Korea and Afghanistan.

Eh? Bah... Love RO2 and Rising Storm... But instead of freaking Vietnam they should have done a game about the western front in ww2,  the italian front and the north african campaign.... I mean a ww2 game without BRITS?! Just go play PR and its vietnam maps instead of this.

Huh, I'm a little surprised, but very pleased, by this announcement. Surprised because I thought the In Country Vietnam team had it covered, but if they are switching over to a new engine I guess anything goes. Pleased, though, because I do like the setting. I just hope they broaden the horizons over previous Vietnam War games, go a bit more into Laos (A battle in the Plain of Jars would be hella), bit more into Cambodia, hell, maybe even have a map or two for the 1st Indo-China War. The dark trench warfare and close heavy artillery support in Dien Bien Phu would make for an amazing map.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Huh, I'm a little surprised, but very pleased, by this announcement. Surprised because I thought the In Country Vietnam team had it covered, but if they are switching over to a new engine I guess anything goes. Pleased, though, because I do like the setting. I just hope they broaden the horizons over previous Vietnam War games, go a bit more into Laos (A battle in the Plain of Jars would be hella), bit more into Cambodia, hell, maybe even have a map or two for the 1st Indo-China War. The dark trench warfare and close heavy artillery support in Dien Bien Phu would make for an amazing map.

Nope. Arcadie CoD style gameplay and after killstreak you can call-in helicopter.
Can't trust Tripwire after killing RO1 Steam server browser and releasing RO:HOS and RS.

Back
Top Bottom