SP Modern Rise of The Hammer & Sickle ~Updated 1/15/09 with Textured Model ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juhnimus said:
Tibertus said:
Isn't this supposed to take place in 1914? Also, wasn't Finland part of Russia at this time, and it wasn't until 1916 -1917 that they requested training and equipment from the Germans to fight against the Russians?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland

Ok, I was just practicing texturing guys, it wont be in the game lol.

TacKY said:
Civilians Hat
*Insert Useless Picture*

Not to be a downer, but releasing such small detail really isn't making progress Tacky. Perhaps you could provide us with some solid evidence of how your going to implement the automatic rifles in the game or you might want to think about closing up this mod.

omzdog said:
TacKY said:
Civilians Hat
*Insert Useless Picture*

Not to be a downer, but releasing such small detail really isn't making progress Tacky. Perhaps you could provide us with some solid evidence of how your going to implement the automatic rifles in the game or you might want to think about closing up this mod.

ohhhh soooooorrrrrry for trying too post a lot of models to show you guys things. Did you even read the first post, Im not in any rush to finish this and Im NEW AT MODDING so its not like Im going to post Full Scale Models with Textures galore with code scripts all over the place and all these weapons that have been fully implemented with realistic sounds. My first mod, first time modeling, first time texturing, first time for all this so if you want a full WWII that has that ready, go to the WW2 China Mod.

And remember, I just started this Mod on Tuesday

TacKY said:
omzdog said:
TacKY said:
Civilians Hat
*Insert Useless Picture*

ohhhh soooooorrrrrry for trying too post a lot of models to show you guys things. Did you even read the first post, Im not in any rush to finish this and Im NEW AT MODDING so its not like Im going to post Full Scale Models with Textures galore with code scripts all over the place and all these weapons that have been fully implemented with realistic sounds. My first mod, first time modeling, first time texturing, first time for all this so if you want a full WWII that has that ready, go to the WW2 China Mod.

And remember, I just started this Mod on Tuesday
then maybe you should have started something more simple..

Elenmmare said:
As I stated.

:smile:@ "We won because we had battle spirit"
thats right,you cant start from 0 to a very big project even if you say it will be done in 6-10 months.
in the text book and the support threads they say that you should start tweaking a faction , making some minor change and etc.
so you will become familiar with the stuff..
i mean common you already started 3 threads of 3 diffrent projects....
ehh,

Tacky, I really HATE demotivating people, because I think it's always bad, but this time I agree with some other posters here in this thread:

I have the bad feeling that you will overreach yourself. (overreach = internet translation = to want to do more than being capable of - right?)

I am asking myself: why do you want to make a COMPLETELY different mod? As soon as the automatic fire appeared on the battlefield meele fights disappeared. Only the fact that 90% of the battles took place in trenches caused an overlapping in the 1st WW.

And to show the few meele fights that existed after WWI due to jungle fights with Japanese or primitive cavalry attacks on the eastern front (in the early period of WWII) you don't need to use a meele-based game.

Ranged fights are really primitive in M&B, and there is no possibility of changing the "one-shot-crosshair-has-to-tighten-before-shot-behaviour" without some decent coding skill. Perhaps even the best coder can't change this.  :???: (Things like Rhodok Crossbow indeed are a bigger change, but still far away from an MG42!)

I fear that you will spend a lot of time, labour and effort to this mod, just to recognize after some time that it will never be released. And THIS will demotivate you TOTALLY. So I will demotivate a little bit you before that happens  :mrgreen:

Try to make some new weapons. Or armours. Later on you can try to make a new map and new factions. But the "deluxe stuff" like battle formations, new functions and so on should be left for the capable coders. (There's always the possibility to ask if you could use some already developed features for your mod).

Just get a new and creative idea, that will be motivation enough. The only condition ist, that the idea is not too far away from M&B.

How about some "biblic mod"? With all the antique factions that existed at that time? Philisters, Persians, Babylon, Egypt, Kanaan and so on? That doesn't exist already, has a special flair and is not too far away from native. And I got that idea whilst writing this post.  :cool:

(If you won't do this mod, I will... man, the more I think about it the more I like the idea  :mrgreen: )

Troll said:
omzdog said:
Finland pretty much one and thwarted the Russian invasion because they were able to utilize their superiority in modernized fighting in mountain/forest terrain in snowy weather. The Russians, as we all know, had retarded generals who relied on outdated aggressive tactics such as rushing their brave infantry into some of the most dangerous areas of a battlefield. Might I add that Red Army soldiers could have been some of the best in the world, but they were literally being commanded by retards and funded by an underdeveloped country.

Well atleast that will fit in M&B. :lol: I'm just imagining a battle between Finland and Russians. I will, of course, as finnish command Finlands troops. :mrgreen: Russians will just charge and get slaughtered by my defending army.

Really, a mod about WWII that I want to play, what a suprise. :razz:

Master OF Swords said:
they drink and engage eachother in knife fights all the time. How do you loose against that?

Tch... Sound more like Russians to me. :razz:  But really, we don't have knife fights as I know.

The swede say you do, and they are you're neighbours. And sinse they are my neighbours it would be rude for me not to belive them.

And good luck with you're mod I forgot about that :oops:

Master OF Swords said:
Troll said:
omzdog said:
Finland pretty much one and thwarted the Russian invasion because they were able to utilize their superiority in modernized fighting in mountain/forest terrain in snowy weather. The Russians, as we all know, had retarded generals who relied on outdated aggressive tactics such as rushing their brave infantry into some of the most dangerous areas of a battlefield. Might I add that Red Army soldiers could have been some of the best in the world, but they were literally being commanded by retards and funded by an underdeveloped country.

Well atleast that will fit in M&B. :lol: I'm just imagining a battle between Finland and Russians. I will, of course, as finnish command Finlands troops. :mrgreen: Russians will just charge and get slaughtered by my defending army.

Master OF Swords said:
they drink and engage eachother in knife fights all the time. How do you loose against that?

Tch... Sound more like Russians to me. :razz:  But really, we don't have knife fights as I know.

The swede say you do, and they are you're neighbours. And sinse they are my neighbours it would be rude for me not to belive them.

Well we finns say that every sweden is ******s, so don't belive everything you hear. :mrgreen:

Juhnimus said:
Master OF Swords said:
Troll said:
omzdog said:

Master OF Swords said:

Well we finns say that every sweden is ******s, so don't belive everything you hear. :mrgreen:
Oh, we do actually have many knife fights, if you ever read the news. And yes That ****** thing about Swedes is true too, i dont know where it started though, its like a tradition almost. Maybe we drink too much :???:

I do a smaller project, So i guess all of you are right and I have only had 2 topic for this mod.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,54765.msg1417110.html#msg1417110 This is the smaller one and I will lock this and postpone this till I get more xperience. GG NO RE :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom