Riding elephants? or maybe ships?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yiyang Chen

Regular
Mount and blade......
well it's all about mounting and blading right? But mounting only a horse would be too boring, so is there a way to mod the game so that it's not only horses? Well, I know many people tried making nonhorse mounts, but most of them are the same hight, like small elephants in hanhun mod, bikes in star wars mod, and lizards,tigers and stuff like that, the best I saw was the charoits in the wedding dance, and the ships in the old version Pirates! mod. But I really want to ride elephants, ATATs, planes and dragons. There must be a way, like the guy who made the wedding dance did. :grin:

There is a way. But it's too hard to do. It will require modelling, coding and making animations in an advanced level. Why don't you try something easier? Unless you have time to learn and practice all that stuff like me....

It's surely possible, if you know what you're doing. But if you're not too experienced with coding and 3d modeling, I would really just leave it at that. Or you could go the long road and learn it haha.

well in morgh's item editor, you can choose the scale you want to have for a horse, normally at about 115. So maybe if you get an elephant in the module, then you can scale it much bigger.

I want this :smile:
rotk.jpg

You can't do that.  The position of the riders is hardcoded.  Big riding animals == rider in the middle of the animal.  I found that out with the camels- the position isn't scaled appropriately, and it's apparently not just the bone position.

xenoargh said:
You can't do that.  The position of the riders is hardcoded.  Big riding animals == rider in the middle of the animal.  I found that out with the camels- the position isn't scaled appropriately, and it's apparently not just the bone position.
I recall Invasion mod has giant horses. You must be talking about MB 1.011, where it was not possible to scale mounts

No, it's a problem in Warband as well.  They must have gotten around the problem somehow- maybe a modified skeleton, moving the bone?  I guess I should look at that- just using the "scale" modifier didn't work well for me, past a certain point.

Is it possible to have more that just a horse skeleton and a man skeleton? As in, add a seperate for example, camel skeleton, with its own set of associated animations as well as a modified rider position?

How about implementing a set of animations with the rider seated higher than normal? It looks like the brfs have rider animations that are seperate from the horse skeleton.....

CounterPoint391 said:
What if you made a seperate animation brf and did some scripting
No, what if you did "some scripting"...
Cause everybody wants it, but it was never done before because it would need to constantly override engine and AI for every agent on the field

Edit: in fact your suggestion is in line with "what if you hack MB exe, so that it accepts different mount skeletons and adjust man animations, it would totally work if done right!"

I haz idea, maybe.

Multiply horse skeleton by 3X.

Multiply all horse meshes by 3X.

Divide all horse multipliers by 3.

Adjust skeleton for a more perfect fit.

Profit?!?!?

No, changing the meshes won't work, because then you get people sitting IN the horses, and not on them. I think you could get around with it if you make a tiny elephant model, make sure the seat is at the same height as the saddle for a horse, and then make it way huge in module_items.py. It'd still completely have horse anims, so it won't be perfect in the least.

I was thinking about The Wedding dance, youcan ride a charoit in the game so why can't you ride an elephant, and in the Battle star mod you can fly space craft, it should be possible to fly planes.

You dont ride chariot, you stand there that is the difference, and in battle star, what is position of the player?, in level of horse? But I saw elephant in some mod and I cant remember which one. I will check out on my hard and edit this message.

Back
Top Bottom