[research] Celtic Tribes

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Stevon

Knight at Arms
Best answers
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there are plans to add more items to the Celtic faction, because right now they've just got the same stuff as Llew's original OSP.

I think it would be nice to see a few more items and variety for them, even if that just means a few more shield and clothing textures (and maybe some iron helmets) :wink:

Alright, well here's some stuff I've got:

Note the neck torques in most of those images! They were a big part of Celtic warrior culture and they should be represented if possible. :wink:

Also note the Boar Standard and the Carnyx (horn) carried by the Celts into battle.

These are fairly general pics of Celtic warriors, many of them are Gauls, but some are Italian Celts and other groups. In general, however, arms and armour didn't vary too much between these groups (and between the 3rd and 1st centuries BC).

gokiller

Count
WBWF&SM&BVCNW
Best answers
Please next time put in on the suggestion thread.

And we are not focusing on the Celtic Tribes right now. As we stated our first piority is Macedonia, and then Samnites. And then we see further and let you guy's know.

Cheers,
Gokiller

Stevon

Knight at Arms
Best answers
Sorry about that Gokiller, I just though I'd create a thread so we could possibly have somewhere to put research. I found it odd that there are research threads for all sorts of possible factions, but not for a faction that is already in the mod. :wink:

rgcotl

Count
M&BWB
Best answers
some nice references
but it would be good if you could update the first post and change the thread name like
[research] Celtic tribes

strange thing looks like sword form troy movie i did

rgcotl

Count
M&BWB
Best answers
Rallix said:
In relation to the following post:
Gothic Knight said:
Actually, I m not too sure now after chatting with rgl. We might have something for the gauls depending on how things go. Please posts some good source info in preparation.
I'm not sure which of these will be helpful, or if they all apply, but I'll dump them anyways.

well here is another research thread with was used by Lynores when he did his celtic warriors

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,198891.0.html

darthtaco123

Baron
WBNWWF&SM&BVC
Best answers
Y'know...Celtic Tribes is WAY to general. Why not pick a certain region (Such as Gaul or the Britannia) to base the research on?

dion1195

Grandmaster Knight
WBNW
Best answers
DarthTaco said:
Y'know...Celtic Tribes is WAY to general. Why not pick a certain region (Such as Gaul or the Britannia) to base the research on?
No german western tribes/........
xD

Gothic Knight

Marquis
M&BWB
Best answers

Terrible helmet. Not too sure about that source.

I made it.

I've seen this helmet before. Might make it in the future.