Request for a Portuguese forum

Would you like to have a Portuguese forum?

• Yes

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

First as I said before, this thread is a JOKE.
So it wont be taken seriously by the mods/admins, and it shouldnt be taken seriously: if you want something, try at least to have som credibility.

Second, and this goes mainly to Tankai, insulting people and nations or simply taunting them in threads wont help.
That tends to prove only a total lack of maturity, which I admit suits perfectly with this fake poll.
Instead of a language specific forum, it's a forum for 6-12 yo that should be set in place!  :lol:

Third, just as for the french forum, or any other language specific forum, I think that they could exist only if you have enough members for them.
And in the present state, sorry, I dont see enough members for a portuguese forum.

Though, your agument concerning the lack of knowledge of english of certain members is indeed a good point and the same applies to french (sadly if you ask me).
Well, I just gave my opinion, who am I to discuss the decisions of the mods/admins  :cool:

Just change the Spanish forum to a Spanish/Portuguese forum. That's what they did with the 'Scandinavian' forum.

But the Scandinavians were not Imperial countries. Their languages are not as spread trought the world as our is.

And what Draksen called 'insulting people and nations or simply taunting them in threads' I call a healthy joke. I bet no French or Spanish person got truly insulted. Otherwise, I would have been banned.

And concerning this tread, maybe, you guys didn't understand yet, that this is suposed to be a vote count of how many people want a portuguese forum. Not the other way around.
The truth is, when a non English speaking person comes to these forums, he/she will be more inclined to be a part of them if there already is a forum for their language.
The Idea is to bring more portuguese speaking people to our forum comunity. Unless someone here has a problem with that.(and I suspect that could be the case)

Code:
But the Scandinavians were not Imperial countries. Their languages are not as spread trought the world as our is.
So? Can't Portuguese-speakers and Spanish-speakers understand each other?

A little, but there are many words we dont understand and that my friend causes confusion.
And like I said earlier, what would  it cost to make a Portuguese forum? I dont see any problem there.

He has a point though. The poll is stupid, and doesn't show any maturity at all. Getting a subforum recquires some seriousness, since, as we all know, the Internet is serious bussiness. This thread has only shown Spain bashing, not-being-content-with-sharing-the-forum-with-Spain, and the restrictive poll.

Quote any other than Tankai bashing spanish, please.Ferrspoir already explained why he only put Yes as option.

Like I said, I am willing to share a forum with spanish. However, as I don't have nothing to do with anothers language, I kept it to myself, though I thought there was no reason to create a Benelux forum - that put a romance language together with a germanic one.

ThVaz said:
Quote any other than Tankai bashing spanish, please.
Feerspoir already explained why he only put Yes as option.

1- Me bashing spanish is not even a logical argument to deny us a forum. Im just one guy.
2- I've been trying to explain it myself, but they wont listen.

Well, luckily for us, the French stopped having any saying in any matter more than 50 years ago. So I'll just do what the rest of the world does and ignore you.

That said, I'll have to agree with Lost-Lamb: a joint Iberian languages forum seems to be the most logic option. We (Portuguese speaking) aren't that many here and I'm fairly certain that a topic started in Portuguese or Castilian would stay that way. And even if it wouldn't, it doesn't take a PhD to understand the other language.

Push just a little further with your Spain bashing, Tankai, and you'll be going away for a little while.

Draksen: as with any language subforum, the main requirement is someone who speaks the language and is willing to moderate it, and is someone we feel can handle the responsibility in a level-headed manner. Without that, it just won't happen.
For a portuguese subforum, LL and I agree that ThVaz fits the bill. The matter is still under discussion though.

Highelf said:
He has a point though. The poll is stupid, and doesn't show any maturity at all.
Read the mother****ing first post. If you agree with a Portuguese forum, vote yes, if not, ignore the thread altogether.

Tankai said:
Traitor!!!  :evil:
Bite me.
Nuestros hermanos are just that. We share similar languages, culture, history, mentalities, etc. We can learn from each other.
Nothing wrong with a shared forum.

ThVaz said:
Instead of a language specific forum, it's a forum for 6-12 yo that should be set in place!  Laughing

Now you are only trolling.

Perhaps.
But trolling in joke threads is allowed, right?

Feerspoir said:
Well, luckily for us, the French stopped having any saying in any matter more than 50 years ago. So I'll just do what the rest of the world does and ignore you.
If you live in Europe you'd better not totally ignore them ...

Feerspoir said:
Read the mother****ing first post. If you agree with a Portuguese forum, vote yes, if not, ignore the thread altogether.
Then tell us, Mr. Smartass, what the point of your "poll"? mmm?
You are not even counting portuguese speaking members as others can vote too...
... and all they can vote is "yes", so they cant even give their real opinion.
Pointless.
Do you understand the meaning of the word "credibility"?

Janus said:
Draksen: as with any language subforum, the main requirement is someone who speaks the language and is willing to moderate it, and is someone we feel can handle the responsibility in a level-headed manner. Without that, it just won't happen.
For a portuguese subforum, LL and I agree that ThVaz fits the bill. The matter is still under discussion though.
I can't agree more.
I was just pointing out (and I am not the only one...) that a thread like that for asking something serious is plently stupid.

Funny that for asking something after all quite legitime, some thought that making a fake poll and vomitting racial hatred and xenophobia in it would make them obtain what they wish.

Racial hatred? They are of the exact same blood type as the spaniards. And I think that trying to keep us away at all cost, knowing that a portuguese forum would be profitable for taleworlds can be considered Xenophobia.

Draksen said:
... and all they can vote is "yes", so they cant even give their real opinion.
Pointless.

You have been stating your opinion energeticaly. I trust you didn't vote and that is all thats required of you.

Back
Top Bottom