Replay System

Users who are viewing this thread

clay2k said:
ha being new here i assume all last page posts are like an hour old :smile:
importantmd1.jpg

Nope! And always check the time before you make an accusation like that!!

I'd like to throw my hat into the "A proper replay system would rock" pile, Fraps recordings that are attached to your character only work so far for cinematic and reviewing goals.  However taking a true replay engine and recording *that* with fraps would be a godsend for my intentions.  I like to make videos of game play, so far its been heavily lope sided towards Fallout 3, however this game has huge potential as well if I could just get more view points then first person or unadjustable rotating around my character.

BumpInTheNight said:
I'd like to throw my hat into the "A proper replay system would rock" pile, Fraps recordings that are attached to your character only work so far for cinematic and reviewing goals.  However taking a true replay engine and recording *that* with fraps would be a godsend for my intentions.  I like to make videos of game play, so far its been heavily lope sided towards Fallout 3, however this game has huge potential as well if I could just get more view points then first person or unadjustable rotating around my character.

you can 'float' the camer a round your character, but its not 'free flaoting' the view still centers on your char, just at a wider angle.

Ku Aborough said:
you can 'float' the camer a round your character, but its not 'free flaoting' the view still centers on your char, just at a wider angle.

Aye the external camera is one thing, but free-float is the goal.  Someone actually pointed me to 'edit mode' which is a pretty close to what I was looking for, but I'd still adore the ability to get at all that through a replay.  As it stands I kinda re-do a battle a few times to catch specific scenes or moments but to be able to completely focus on actually participating in the battle and pick and choose the view point and timing afterwards would be just simply awesome.

Munx said:
Really do hope theyr actualyl working on this, its one of the things i miss  the most in mount and blade.
And Tbh better gameplay vids = better free publicity, so get to work devs  :lol:

I totally agree, it would be nearly as game-expanding as multiplayer!

I was going to start a thread like this! WOW.

Great minds think alike!

No, recording with fraps is not good enough.

If you want a great example of a replay system that vastly improves the quality gameplay, consider ace combat zero.

Watching the game from your own perspective is boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_az_jPL8VI

In ace combat zero, they included a dynamic cinematic camera angle system.

And to be honest, watching cinematic replays of the mission you just played is as fun as actually playing the game.

I think this definitely should be added.

Necro time!

(btw, I love the new necro warning. Glad to see something's happened since I've been gone :smile:

I was going to post a thread for replays, and I found this one through search, and thought it still seemed like a good enough thread to necro.

What I mainly want a replay system for is so we (the players) can start casting clan matches and stuff, kinda like what is done in Starcraft II. That game has several casters with thousands of people watching replays of old games all the time. It's basically commentary on the gameplay while watching a replay of the game so we can move around the map as we like, as well as pause, fast forward, rewind, etc. Casting definitely increases the popularity of several games, and I think it could work wonders with Warband. I know I myself would love to start casting, and I'm pretty sure I know other players who would be willing to give it a whack.

I also liked this idea:
Personally, I would like to see an individual program that isn't attached to the main game. A new "record" feature is added to the game, either by just a button or something more intuitive. Then it records the battle based on your settings into a file format to your computer. Then you load the Mount&Blade Recorder player which will load any of those files and play them back for you. They could then probably develop video export options within that new program.

That was from earlier in the thread, and it seemed like a good fix to get around some of the sloppy and arduous tasks of writing a replay system into MnB itself. A seperate program that you could run at the start of battles that recorded the battle and let you play it back from every angle with pausing and stuff.

So, for multiplayer casting and advertising purposes, lets get some replays!

MaHuD said:
Got an email that someone replied.

I would still like to see this, and I fully support what Mr X said.

Lol. But seriously, look at the popularity of "Huskystarcraft" on youtube. He's probably the most known caster, at least for the foreigners. I know we have lots of people who would be willing to give it a shot, and videos have had their small successes in our community before. Anyone remember RipperX? He brought lots of people into warband and crpg from just two awesome videos. It would open us up to a whole new world, imo.

Blackspirit said:
Hmm, now this I imagine would be very hard to implement, but how about a replay system.

You can choose at the start of the battle/during if you want to start a replay.  It will then record movements/actions of people, and save it to a file.  When you want to see it again, the engine would load up, add the characters/land generation seed, and play out the game.

Then you could replay it at anytime, even trade you replays on the internet.  :grin: :smile:

I worship you for this  idea! :grin:  :!:

killerunicorn5 said:
Blackspirit said:
Hmm, now this I imagine would be very hard to implement, but how about a replay system.

You can choose at the start of the battle/during if you want to start a replay.  It will then record movements/actions of people, and save it to a file.  When you want to see it again, the engine would load up, add the characters/land generation seed, and play out the game.

Then you could replay it at anytime, even trade you replays on the internet.  :grin: :smile:

I worship you for this  idea! :grin:  :!:

Best post from killerunicorn so far :grin:

I'm gonna reiterate what I said in another thread in the Guildhall cause it's relevant:

Mr.X said:
Plus there's no way I could get everything when I'm recording live. A relay system where you can pause and rewind, maybe with the minimap and optional health bars, and I wouldn't have these crappy laggy recordings like warband always gives you no mayer how high end your recording is.

Suriell said:
Agreed. I've no idea how difficult it would be to implement this though

Armagan said he could do it when he had the time. Check the first page :wink:

Wu-long said:
Maybe the guy is providing a reminder of a sort  :mrgreen:

I like it.

Anyway, for those of you wishing for replays, I'll hopefully have at least 1 clan match with commentary up on my youtube in the next few days. "MrXGamingNerd" :wink:

EDIT: Couple videos are up there.

I think there also needs to be a way to tell team from team in replay. Kinda like the banners over the head, maybe faction banners over everyone's head, or something.

Back
Top Bottom