Remove material/texture duplicates

Users who are viewing this thread

I am a modder myself. A long time ago I've decided to keep textures and materials per .brf file. For example a .brf file with armour sets contains the matching materials and textures. On the opposite there is also the option to create one .brf file with all textures and one file with all materials. My decision ultimately has led to duplicates. The game needs to load all these things, making it slower. I've been thinking about reverting to this decision.

If I put all materials and textures from all my .brf files (10+) and sort them alphabetically with OpenBRF. I'll get one single file with dozens of duplicates. I am looking for a way to remove these duplicates. That's my question to you, is it even possible? I looked in OpenBRF but cannot find such option. I think it's easy to implement it into OpenBRF and saves me from a lot of work.

Ask Kraggrim about your project. He's done this for Viking Conquest.
I don't quite understand your duplicate problem.
I have a problem with 2 brf files with several pairs of duplicate textures materials.
If I delete one, openbrf deletes both of them. I reimport and 2 appear.
Does anyone have any advice?

Having multiple of the same named entry is not a huge issue, the game just ignores the second one it comes across. Culling them does make it easier to keep track of in-BRF flag edits or material edits though.

Look in rgl_log (main warband directory) and it records whenever a duplicate entry is discovered, either upon loading the game or reloading the module (file dropdown menu from windowed mode + edit mode).

That's true. It will just ignore them. However it still needs to check every single material and texture. There are over thousands of these duplicates for me.

@Gdwitt
That's a very strange issue. I've never seen that before.

Back
Top Bottom