Remember the old Ruby Rune Axe design? (Poll)

Do you miss the old Ruby Rune Axe Design?

• Yes, wish they would bring is back.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes, but I sorta like the current design of it as well.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No, not really...

• No, I like the new design much better then the old one.

• Indifferent.

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Rpground

Sergeant at Arms
I do...and I miss it really, the Ruby Rune Raider Axe looks lame in comparison of the Ruby Rune Dragonspine Axe as it once was.

Anyone else miss it as much as I do and wish it to return? Yeah the range was shorter, but really now in all honesty range doesn't excuse the look...it could of been a Knight's War Axe or even a Fierd's Axe one wanted looks.

So, am I alone here in thinking the old look was superior?

I sadly do not have a version of PoP that has the Axe in question I am talking about, best I can do is this video on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqGby9oYT9w

It as least shows the Axe.

Also screenshots of the other axes I mentioned.

This the current RRA
2013-09-30_00015.jpg
2013-09-30_00016.jpg
2013-09-30_00017.jpg
2013-09-30_00018.jpg

Knight's War Axe
2013-09-30_00004.jpg
2013-09-30_00007.jpg
2013-09-30_00006.jpg
2013-09-30_00005.jpg

Fierdsvain Axe
2013-09-30_00012.jpg
2013-09-30_00014.jpg
2013-09-30_00013.jpg

Dragonspine Axe
2013-09-30_00009.jpg
2013-09-30_00010.jpg
2013-09-30_00011.jpg

Ruby Rune Dragonspine Axe (Best I could muster from video above...)
rubyruneaxe.jpg
rubyruneaxe2.jpg

Rpground said:
noosers said:
You´re only spoiled because the Fierdsvain War Axe model is far too big to be a 1h axe. If you dislike the actual lenghts of these weapons, please go visit a proper museum and glare at the assorted tools of death and realise how short these weapons, especially if used on horseback, were in reality.

Well, the same could be said for the RRA model as well. You hold it by the middle of the pole when it looks like it was meant to be used as a two handed weapon. That's why I brought up the old model that was the Dragonspine Axe, I liked that model alot and it gave some serious pros and cons between the RRS and the RRA. Prefer range and more versatility, go with the sword. Prefer more damage and shield crushing power but at the cost of range, go axe. Currently there is no reason to chose the sword for other then it's looks...

I was pretty much just throwing some different axes out there that are one handed that, in my opinion, look better then the current RRA design and would look even better once ruby-ized.  P:

A quick reply with noosers that adds some more information to the pot.

It may have been helpful to include pictures of both of those things. I think it'd be safe to say not everyone actually remembers what it looked like.

Jude said:
It may have been helpful to include pictures of both of those things. I think it'd be safe to say not everyone actually remembers what it looked like.

Good point, screenshots will be up soon.

Screenshots up, pity they're not the best. But at least it's what my computer can put out. :smile:

Is the alcoholic personality real or did you use photoshop?

Hah, I used to complain about this every couple of months. I'd love to see a slightly longer version of the knight war axe myself. The dragonspine is an interesting idea - how long is it?

webspinnre said:
Hah, I used to complain about this every couple of months. I'd love to see a slightly longer version of the knight war axe myself. The dragonspine is an interesting idea - how long is it?

DragonSpine_Axe_Stats.png

:smile:

You´re only spoiled because the Fierdsvain War Axe model is far too big to be a 1h axe. If you dislike the actual lenghts of these weapons, please go visit a proper museum and glare at the assorted tools of death and realise how short these weapons, especially if used on horseback, were in reality.

This is really out of the topic but indifferent and not different are two seperate things.
The thing is: I vote for indifferent because I am indifferent to the poll subject which means I do not have any idea, or something.. Then I realized that you've meant to say "They are not different from each other."
Please do not think that I am trying to teach English or something, I just want to clarify the poll option in case other people mischose the option like myself.

Edit: Some may say, why you vote in a poll that you have no clue. But if I see the option as "not different", I wouldn't have participate in the poll since I am indifferent to the subject. :smile:

coolchucky said:
indifferent to the poll subject which means I do not have any idea, or something..
If you are going to lecture on the meaning of a word, please know the meaning of that word.

Indifferent means that you don't care. You're apathetic. Without interest or concern.

Thank you.

Shingen said:
coolchucky said:
indifferent to the poll subject which means I do not have any idea, or something..
If you are going to lecture on the meaning of a word, please know the meaning of that word.

Indifferent means that you don't care. You're apathetic. Without interest or concern.

Thank you.

Thanks but I know the meaning of the word. I am not a native speaker so I double-checked it using an awesome Collins dictionary. :smile:
I just want to express there might be a misuse of the word which allow me (and some other people) reply to the poll.
What I exactly thought is: The original poster put an indifferent option. I do not know what is being polled about which shows my lack of interest. So I am kind of indifferent to the subject, I can select that option.
OK, thanks anyway..

By the way, maybe I misunderstood. It might be that the OP wants to see the indifferent population about the Ruby Rune Axe Design in the first place. :smile:
Anyway, let's not blunder the poll further. The posters might get annoyed. :smile:

Now back to the old Ruby Rune Axe design..

noosers said:

Well, the same could be said for the RRA model as well. You hold it by the middle of the pole when it looks like it was meant to be used as a two handed weapon. That's why I brought up the old model that was the Dragonspine Axe, I liked that model alot and it gave some serious pros and cons between the RRS and the RRA. Prefer range and more versatility, go with the sword. Prefer more damage and shield crushing power but at the cost of range, go axe. Currently there is no reason to chose the sword for other then it's looks...

I was pretty much just throwing some different axes out there that are one handed that, in my opinion, look better then the current RRA design and would look even better once ruby-ized.  P:

Back
Top Bottom