Release

Users who are viewing this thread

Welp there goes the intern, just spied him sprinting down the hall. Tasked with deleting a random bit of code. Ope this time is facial textures. Terrible.

Honved said:
GreenLight7 said:
gospell said:
Honved said:
19/19/19....there's just one small problem.
Not problem  :grin: 19/19/19 = 19/07/20
Eeeeh,wait
Depends on whether that's a European or an American date: D/M/Y or M/D/Y.

I’ve been reading these blogs long enough that European date format should feel natural, but it still doesn’t. I always think to myself what’s the point of knowing the day without having the monthly context first. Month first format makes categorizing easier in my mind.

I think we'll will be getting a release date this Gamescon, the game has been redone several times now the average time to make a game is about 3 years with a full triple A team like CD Project Red(The Witcher 3 took 3 years to make) TW is a relatively smaller team that some people i heard called a perfectionist team(That's not a bad thing but it can add to the development time especially when there's no Publisher) the build we have seen from 2016 look similar to the gameplay we've seen from people who have got hands on in 2018 mind you the graphics and such have been updated. With the Dev Blogs focusing a lot on Multiplayer as of late i can only assume the Single Player is in polishing state, with the beta already on going which for most developers happens from 5-8 week before release so maybe a 2019 release date surely they can't hold onto much longer. I'm just going to conspiracy theory with this part but they said Harvesting Season is almost here in a blog a while back perhaps they may be aiming for a fall release since Harvesting Season is September- November.

Mate, it’s not coming out in 2019, nor do you want it to. The game is in a barely playable state, judging from the steaming pile of crap we saw in the recent dev blog, judging from their current speed, they’ll have things fixed by 2021.

That's the thing i don't understand, it looks like a sequel to Warband.. is that bad? People are complaining about the animations which they look like updated Warband animations they can use some polishing which honestly shouldn't be to hard since we see many Warband mods with custom animations, they're saying the graphics look like garbage.. they look pretty good for an Indie game and looks a lot better than the stuff we've seen in 2016 not to mention they did turn off the physics for the cloth and hair ect. People keep treating this company as a Triple A company and have honestly some pretty unrealistic standards, yes the games been in development hell but to me it's building up to be pretty good defiantly a sequel i want to play. We have not seen much single player content since last year so who knows.

I still don't get why people think BL's in development hell. It was announced in 2012, meaning they've been working on the game (in some form) for seven, perhaps eight years. We know that they built their own engine, in-house and from the ground up, for the first couple of years, and have been making tweaks to it from then through 2016, when they seem to have finally been satisfied with it. Seeing as the engine was still being worked on until '16, the amount of work they could do on the game itself was fairly limited, or thy would have to go back and redo large portions of the game (which did happen, as they admitted). So, even if you're generous and go back to '15 as the "real start date", the game has only been in development for 4 years. Add to that the sheer amount of work in scening and modeling it takes to create a game of this size and depth, and the fact that, at their biggest, TW's is a company of ~100 people (iirc), even six years isn't an unreasonable amount of time in my opinion. This isn't a sports game, where you slap new faces and names on teams and release a new one every year, or a CoD where you throw in one or two new features and change what era/guns etc are involved (both of which probably have the same amount of employees as TW's entire staff in one team), it's a brand-new game built from the ground up, and yes sometimes when you're building something brand new you've got to redo things.

Roccoflipside said:
I still don't get why people think BL's in development hell. It was announced in 2012, meaning they've been working on the game (in some form) for seven, perhaps eight years. We know that they built their own engine, in-house and from the ground up, for the first couple of years, and have been making tweaks to it from then through 2016, when they seem to have finally been satisfied with it. Seeing as the engine was still being worked on until '16, the amount of work they could do on the game itself was fairly limited, or thy would have to go back and redo large portions of the game (which did happen, as they admitted). So, even if you're generous and go back to '15 as the "real start date", the game has only been in development for 4 years. Add to that the sheer amount of work in scening and modeling it takes to create a game of this size and depth, and the fact that, at their biggest, TW's is a company of ~100 people (iirc), even six years isn't an unreasonable amount of time in my opinion. This isn't a sports game, where you slap new faces and names on teams and release a new one every year, or a CoD where you throw in one or two new features and change what era/guns etc are involved (both of which probably have the same amount of employees as TW's entire staff in one team), it's a brand-new game built from the ground up, and yes sometimes when you're building something brand new you've got to redo things.
Actually matters you mentioned as creating their own engine and rumors we heard few blogs before that they are building AI from scratch causes this kind of ideas. I don't blame anyone, burden in TW's shoulder is heavy, the game they are creating is so unique, deep and complicated as hell. So all these are sonud good but also making people worried about release as like me. As a core players we know what can we except to play but some players who never played any game of the series has started to loss their interest and hype. These people will be cautious before buying the game, so I hope game will release soon and satisfy all players but not just us. I wish this for the sake of the series.

Back
Top Bottom