Regional Manor - a guide for peasant on how things work

Users who are viewing this thread

Are manor upgrades really worth the investment? Considering you have to spend a little bit more than 100k to fully upgrade it and it gives you at best (max prosperity/population) somehwere around 2.4k per week (when tribute is paid 100% money). That's roughly 42 weeks to break even if I'm not mistaken. I just spent half a million denars on upgrades and I'm not really sure whether that was a wise decision.

Does tax inefficiency affect manors as well? In that case it would take even longer to turn a profit.

About some 1257AD 1.1 Anno Domini Regional Manor bug:

So I finally took off on a crusade. Total fun. But...
I can't access any of those Regional Manors, if they were built before me. Currently, I'm no less but the owner of Jerusalem (Not bad, don't you think?), where I got offered to build a manor near, which I did, and that manor works beautifully. Later on, I got Cairo as well (Not bad, don't you think?), only to find Cairo had already an existing manor.
One I can't enter. The game freezes. Boom!
It seems around the "Crusade" part of the mod, I can't enter any single (local) manor if they existed before I arrive in the vicinity...
As if I recall rightly, I owned London before leaving for the crusade, and London had already a manor before I took the town, only that "early" manor was working perfectly fine with me. Even if I wasn't its builder.
I just checked, and I'm still able, even in my "crusader" stage, to access that "preexisting London manor".
It very seems to me as a "crusader" bug.
I wouldn't write this for ever if I didn't care about that Anno Domini mod.
I do.
It's a hell of a damned sacred mod... by Jesus Christ...

(The most beautiful MBW towns and castles I ever saw, to say the least...)
I also x2 check: the manor of Cairo existed before I was given the city.

I also want to take the opportunity to thank a lot that great site which has helped me a lot around my gaming years.

What is the User Experience and playability business case logic behind loosing control (both ownership, and access to the Seneshal, Marshall, and Warehouse Master services) of a Regional Manor (especially a fully upgraded one) when, as a Player faction ruler, the associated Village fife (i.e. NOT the Regional Manor) is assigned to a Player's vassal?

Surely the business case logic should at least be similar to that of buying land in a town for a productive enterprise from the local Guild Master, in so much as the original purchaser retains full property 'ownership' rights, but only 'access' rights (i.e. access to the Seneshal, Marshall, and Warehouse Master services) when 'in favour' with the associated ruling faction?

What is the User Experience and playability business case logic behind only displaying a Regional Manor on the world map when it is currently within visual range of the Player's party?

Surely the business case logic should at least be similar to that of a previously discovered Bandit spawn location (e.g. Sea Raider Landing), in so much as once the location is discovered and/or visited it persistently appears (i.e. as a known fixed point location) on the world map?

What is the User Experience and playability business case logic behind having Bandits seemingly spontaneously generating within the village of Limerick in Ireland, when the nearest Bandit spawning location (e.g. Highway Bandit Hideout) is located between Posnan and Ostrow in Poland: some 2,150 kms (and 2 land masses) away; with at least 5 National armies (plus the local Militia troops from every Regional Manor in Ireland, England and Wales) covering the land and sea between?

Surely the business case logic should at least be similar to that of a Native Warband Bandit spawn location (assuming that Native Warband applies a logical solution to the issue under discussion), in so much as Bandit raids should only occur once a 'local' Bandit spawn location was generated (e.g. a Sea Raider Landing somewhere in Ireland), and would only cease local raids once any and all locally infested village were liberated, and the bandit spawn location both discovered and destroyed by the Player?

What is the User Experience and playability business case logic behind having Bandits seemingly spontaneously generating within a village or it’s associated un-walled Regional Manor, even after that village has been improved with both a Watch Tower (implying that the time needed to raid the village is increased by 50%) and a Message Post (implying that the player will be alerted when there are enemies near the village), and yet the Player is only able to discover a Bandit infestation of a village upon visiting the village in person, and only able to discover a Bandit or Mercenary raid of an un-walled Regional Manor when within visual range of the smoke plume rising from the Regional Manor.

Surely the business case logic for the village or un-walled Regional Manor under attack by a Bandit or Mercenary Group should be similar to that of an attack by a hostile War Party, in so much as a Message Post improvement in the village should notify the Player there are enemies near the village or the regional manor; and in so much as a Watch Tower improvement in the village means that the time needed to raid that village is increased by 50% (or perhaps some other form of defensive/economic modifier might apply).

Or at the least, a village that is under attack by a Bandit or Mercenary Group should also display a smoke plume similar to that of other villages that are under attack from hostile war parties (i.e. persistently visible in the world map), or at the absolute very least, display a smoke plume similar to that rising from a Regional Manor that is under attack (i.e. when within visible range of the Player). 

I agree on the bandit infestation issue, in reality you would get notified about those things one way or the other. It's not like a band of bandits can totally cut off a settlement from the outside world, not long after the attack word about it would spread.

Follow-up question regarding User Experience: Is there something like a "Transfer Funds" mechanic for the regional manors? I'm currently owning around 30 manors and it's absolutely beyond me that I (as potentate) have to collect tax in person, I should have staff for this to automatically funnel it into my treasury. With these numbers the micromanagement is getting to CIV-level-annoying. As king (and marshall) you already get denied any bonus for having a larger than average army, you shouldn't have to bother with these menial tasks on top of it.

I recently have taken Antioch and have built a manor and a monastery. I go and talk to the priest but I get no option to call brothers to arms any help?

I'm having a problem with manor armies.  I assembled an army of 250 men from my only manor and they follow me around and all, but when I get into an open battle or a siege battle the manor army doesn't join in, often leading to me having to abandon a siege or in one case get  captured in the siege.

Is this supposed to happen?  The name of the army is something like "A drunken band of alchoholics" so do I need to develop the manor further for the army to start joining me in battles?

TheKrizzle said:
I'm having a problem with manor armies.  I assembled an army of 250 men from my only manor and they follow me around and all, but when I get into an open battle or a siege battle the manor army doesn't join in, often leading to me having to abandon a siege or in one case get  captured in the siege.

Is this supposed to happen?  The name of the army is something like "A drunken band of alchoholics" so do I need to develop the manor further for the army to start joining me in battles?
I think, you need positive relationship with them, so you need to help them in battle before you lead them
I know, that lords with negative relation will follow you, but doesn't join the battles, maybe the same happen with army of 'angry alcoholics'?

Could it be the fact that they don't join you in a fight vs a faction that the kingdom you support isn't at war with, a personal war.
I am personally at war with the Genoese and one other faction in that area, and when I was trying to siege genoa they wouldn't join me.
But that's not really viable because they didn't join me either when I assaulted a castle owned by the holy roman empire (I'm with denmark and they were at war)

in my game, i took two middle armies (around 140 men each) from Damascus and Aleppo up to north, to Polotosk and they follow me all the way and fight with me, but when any of my lords join me, they stay around and do nothing...

btw. you can hire mongolian horde to guard area around your castle or town instead founding an angry alkoholics :cool:

El_Jefe123 said:
I recently have taken Antioch and have built a manor and a monastery. I go and talk to the priest but I get no option to call brothers to arms any help?

Besides buying the monastery (cheap!), you need to offer the priest 10,000 to invite crusading order to reside there.  Should be one of the options when you chat with the priest.  Anyway this is how in works in Euro manors with monasteries ;  i've never owned one in Syria, so hope it works out for you there. Should do.

TheKrizzle said:

Yes the angry alcoholic armies are so cool.  They'll never join you in a siege, only sometimes in a battle.  But you can join them in battle every time, and they will go for any nearby foes ;  so lead them towards an enemy and they should attack anyone of similar or smaller size -- then march your own troops into the battle.

Hey guys I have a question, I have a village, how do I build the manor? I see no option when talking to the elder, I can only build the manor house which is a building INSIDE the village, not outside as the manor would be.

maverick47 said:
Hey guys I have a question, I have a village, how do I build the manor?

There should be an option 'Invest into regional manor' in village menu. If there is none that means your village already has the manor, ride around on the world map an you should find it (it shows up only if you are close).

Mannerheim said:
There should be an option 'Invest into regional manor' in village menu. If there is none that means your village already has the manor, ride around on the world map an you should find it (it shows up only if you are close).

Thank you a lot, it was very hidden (?).

So you can upgrade a Manor that is from a Village.
But you can't upgrade a Manor from a castle?
Fortifying it wise.
Bug?

Back
Top Bottom